-
Posts
260 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by tomgrindle
-
Also .. The LCD itself is fine, it's just the digitiser that is damaged.
-
Very sad day for me today .... After a good day at a Mini show in Bristol I came home and dropped my iPad on the drive. Smart cover and Belkin Snap shield fell off in the process and the iPad landed face down on the drive with no protection . However it is still usable, but has shattered in three of the corners and a couple of hairline cracks going diagonally from one of the corners right up to the other. also a ding in the one corner of the aluminium back. will probably upload some pictures at some point. I have already sent @Millgate an email .. Rang my local Apple reseller in Cheltenham, they don't do repairs but recommended a place called ipadrepair.co.uk. Anyone dealt with these before?? I am also going to book an appointment at my local Apple store for one of their technicians to assess the damage and give me a price. Do any of you think it is worth paying a ridiculous price to Apple for repairing it? They will give me a one year warranty from the date it's repaired. I have only had it since Christmas ...
-
But it doesn't even look like he is pressing the keys at all to me, just touching them ...? Or is he?
-
You can call me sad if you like but this did make me laugh quite a lot. [Video - 41093] | Police computer fail | FAIL | Know Your Meme
-
@ Localzuk If you go into Google Calendar. If you haven't already added this calendar into you calendars you might need to .. and you would also need to have permission to modify it, as I presume you would? Then you should be able to click on the little arrow next to the calendar like this : Also, when the events are actually being added to the calendar you might need to make sue that they are public. This might offer some more advice : What are Private or Public Events? - Google Calendar Help Cheers
-
Hi @localzuk , If you have a look in the invidual calendar settings there should be a setting called 'Anyone can'. Ours is set to 'See all event details'. All our other settings are exactly the same as what @cromertech said. Cheers Tom
-
That is very true @SimpleSi , I didn't think of that.
-
Thanks for your help guys. In the end I went with the SIII. I didn't think the size of the Note was going to be a problem, but when playing with a mates an holding it up to my ear to make a phone call it did feel way too big and I felt a tool. So I have been the girl and got the SIII . I also decided to stay with Orange just to save the hassle of moving and the signal around here isn't too bad so would rather stay with what I know. I'm signed upto the Panther Xtra 36 which gives me the stated above (1000 minutes etc for £36 a month) but also free access to BT Openzones and manged to get 4 months free insurance. Just got to wait upto 7 working days for the phone to arrive in the post . Once I get it and I've had a play I will let you know what I think. Thanks Guys
-
Change computer name and re join domain script?
tomgrindle replied to agarabaghi's topic in Windows 7
I say already ... I mean used to obviously lol. -
Change computer name and re join domain script?
tomgrindle replied to agarabaghi's topic in Windows 7
I usually just log onto them as a domain admin ... Right click on My Computer, go to Properties and change the machine name in there and then reboot. Not sure how this would work though if a the name you want to give it already existed ... As long as its deleted out of AD, DHCP and DNS I presume it should be ok. -
Thanks all for your views. I had a go on a Note and it does seem very big for a phone and did feel a bit like a tool when held up to my ear .... I use a lot of minutes tbh, did realise I talked so much lol :L but they all seem like really good deals, I'm just asking my Facebook friends what they think of the signal on each network. People say that the coverage on both around here is pretty good but apparently the Internet on Three is noticeably faster ...? I'm kinda swayed to the SIII just because it is easier to handle, and has more processing power etc. I already have an iPad and with the Note being so big and tablet like I duno of the iPad would become redundant, which I wouldn't really like lol ...
-
Hi, I'm looking at getting a new contract phone as I am on a SIM only at the moment and the HTC Wildfire that I brought almost 2 years ago is getting old and sluggish. The two phones I am looking at are the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Samsung Galaxy Note. My current provider is Orange and they have offered me the following deals: Samsung Galaxy S3 £36 a month 24 months Free phone 1000 minutes Unlimited Texts 1GB Data 1 x Swappable and Magic Numbers Samsung Galaxy Note £36 a month 24 months £50 phone 600 minutes Unlimited Texts 1GB Data I have also been looking at Three which seem to offer some good deals: Samsung Galaxy S3 £34 a month 24 months Free phone 2000 minutes 5000 Three to Three minutes 5000 Texts All you can eat data Samsung Galaxy Note £32 a month 24 months £29 phone 2000 minutes 5000 Three to Three minutes 5000 Texts All you can eat data (Both of the Three packages also allow you to tether at no extra cost) Would just like your opinion on which would be the better phone to get, regardless of size, and which deal to go for? Staying with Orange will avoid all of the messing around cancelling the contract and porting the number etc, and ultimately paying two contracts side by side, as I have to give a months notice. I'm quite swayed by the Galaxy S3, which has a 5-7 day lead time on it with Orange, but would just like some of your thoughts on each phone and which you would choose and which deal? Cheers Guys Tom
-
A Decent Free (Open Source) DVD Player?
tomgrindle replied to tech_guy's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
VLC -
I third this and couldn't agree more. We use this at school, I have also implemented it in our family company and I use it for my own domain/email address. Can't go wrong. So easy to use and manage. Only difference it that the company one we pay for, but definitely worth the money and cheaper than hosting an exchange server etc.
-
Sorry as you can tell, I'm a little new to this side of things.
- 7 replies
-
- 2003
- deployment
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
That is very true. I have just configured this on the server as it hadn't been done before. The server used to run RIS, which is I presume why legacy was being used. Is it possible to use an unattend.xml file as you would with XP or is it a case of WIAK, MDT etc?
- 7 replies
-
- 2003
- deployment
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Ahh brilliant, thank you , just the answer I was looking for! So I am right in thinking that creating the image etc is pretty much the same as well, (Windows Deployment Services Legacy --> Add New Image --> etc etc) ?
- 7 replies
-
- 2003
- deployment
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hi All, Now I can't seem to find a definitive answer, or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. I have read through alot of threads though. But anyway, here is the question: Can you use WDS on a Windows 2003 Server to install Windows 7? Cheers Tom
- 7 replies
-
- 2003
- deployment
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Anyone fitted a remote central locking kit to a car?
tomgrindle replied to SimpleSi's topic in General Chat
Also, is it a corsa b? I have a Haynes manual for one of these as I used to have one. I will have a look and see if I can find a wiring diagram for the central locking. Might give an indication to what coloured wires do what, which might be a good start. Here are some pics that I have taken of the wiring diagram and key out of the Haynes manual for a Corsa B, 1997 -2000. Hope it helps. I will try and find out what wires my Hawk kit corresponded to, as looking at the item you have purchased the wiring might be the same. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8821369/Photo%2019-05-2012%2020%2031%2036.jpg http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8821369/Photo%2019-05-2012%2020%2032%2029.jpg -
Anyone fitted a remote central locking kit to a car?
tomgrindle replied to SimpleSi's topic in General Chat
Is it possible for that link again? It says that 'sorry this item has already been purchased'. I brought a remote central locking kit made by a company called 'Hawk for £20. Me and a mate fitted it to my Saxo Furio. On mine it was just a case of splicing into a couple of wires. I found a post on the forum that I use for the saxo that showed me which cables to splice to which. Unfortuantely I couldn't tell you what each of the cables specifically did in terms of the central locking itself. But a few of them obviously went to permanent live, hazards, ground etc. -
Hi All, This morning I clicked on my favourite to have a quick browse of EduGeek before I started my day. I was presented with a nice little box informing me that there was an app that I could browse it on. I thought wow and downloaded it cos I had been waited for ages for this! I paid for it and installed it, but I can't find EduGeek on it anywhere ..... Has anybody else downloaded this at all or have found EduGeek on it? Tom
-
To reiterate what @DMcGuigan said, here is some information on the CompTIA Continuing Education Program.
-
This is what I am currently doing at the moment and as well as the book using videos from Professor Messer. Last time I looked the exams are £110 each and there are two exams. Haven't booked them yet but want to get them done before they change the specifications again, as they are due to change sometime this year.
-
Very addictive!! Although I cannot get it to work within school , probably a good thing though!!
-
Hi All, I have a problem with a HP DC7800 SFF PC. On boot after the BIOS screen I receive the two following errors: 2210 - Parameters Frame Error ME BIOS Extension module execution had halted. Update BIOS or management engine firmware if problem persists. 2206 - End of POST HECI Failure System halted. Power cycle the system to reboot. I have done what it suggests and update the BIOS which had no success. Unfortunately am having trouble updating the Management Engine Firmware because this comes up before I can boot into anything, as to perform the ME upgrade I need a DOS environment. I have checked the memory and that is definitely OK, I have also taken the BIOS battery out and used the button on the motherboard to reset the CMOS and I still cannot boot into anything to fix the problem Does anyone have a solution to getting this thing to Boot? I can't think of anything and have exhausted my knowledge. Cheers
