Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

tomgrindle

Members
  • Posts

    260
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tomgrindle

  1. Thank you, that is a great help, I will be buying the book Thanks Tom
  2. Hiya, This is a really odd one and is confusing us all at Dene Magna. I have an Ergo Ensis 211 with a faulty power supply, the strain reliever on transformer is broken and would only charge when held in a certain position. I got a replacement power supply out of the cupboard and plugged it in and wont charge the laptop. I have tried 5 other power supplies they wont charge either. I have made sure that they are the exact same Voltage and Amps as they are from the same batch of laptops, but I have checked and double checked again. We have tested the power supplies on a Multimeter and they are all outputting the right voltage, and I have tested them in two other laptops and they are working fine. Any ideas anybody? This is really frustrating and I have ran out of ideas. Many Thanks Tom
  3. Ohh sorry i thought you meant for students lol! :L
  4. At this school we use the year that they started, 5 first letters of their surname and 3 first letter of their first name. So when I was a student here my username was 04grindtho
  5. Hi, I have been set the task of seeing how we can implement Edubuntu within the school. I have installed it on a computer for testing purposes, but now I need to run other tests to see if it is going to do what we want it to do. First thing is making it so that authenticates against Active Directory and that users can logon with their username and password as they would on our XP machines. I have read some posts on here and read stuff off the internet, but nothing seems to be making sense to me and I am quite a novice in Linux, but do pick things up quickly. If someone could shed some light on this it would be brilliant. Tom
  6. Hi, I am an apprentice IT Technician at Dene Magna School, Gloucestershire. I have almost completed an NVQ Level 2 for IT Practitioners. I will then be progressing to the NVQ Level 3 for IT Practitioners and also an Advanced Diploma in IT for Practitioners. I would also like to do the Comptia A+. But .... my question is ... is there an easy way in which this can be self taught? .... Many Thanks Tom
  7. Hrmm ok thanks all for your posts so far, maybe i will just chnage the background that appears behind the login box, as that is pretty easy to do in the registry, and excuse my spelling mistake of 'apprentice', obviously I wasn't taught very well! :L This is what the background looks like, what do you think? Tom
  8. I am quite new to the forum, as I have only been working in the school since October. I am an apprentise and I have returned to the school that I was taught at. But anyway .... this week I have implemented a new background to our computers as the old one was showing its age and it was here when I started in 2004!!! But I want to do the next step, what I would like to do is modify the image on the 'Login to windows box' where the username and password has to be entered to login. But yeah, I want to personalise the image where it says windows xp, to something to the school, just to add a bit of branding. Does anyone know where the image is stored or how to edit the registry? I would rather not have to run any hack etc ... just a legit way of doing it? Your help is very much appreciated. Many Thanks
×
×
  • Create New...