-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
Enable it in a group policy object and apply it to your choice of clients.
- 30 replies
-
- connection
- rdp
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Standalone Lock Down Software
powdarrmonkey replied to CommodoreS's topic in Network and Classroom Management
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/sharedaccess/default.mspx -
'Fluke' and testing equipment has never given me much hope, somebody in their marketing department needs shooting!
-
Barcoding Inc. - PDA Barcode Scanner Devices Buy barcode scanners, barcode readers, barcode label printers, plastic card printers, barcode hardware & software UK Rugged PDAs with barcodes readers - OPTICON - Portable input terminal, Mobile computer rinse, lather, repeat
-
Yeah, maybe you should put that bottle down now...
-
If Ubuntu works the same as Debian (which it normally does) and you are using udev (which you probably are) your device names are defined by MAC in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and then mapped to IP addresses in /etc/network/interfaces.
-
Damned cheek!
-
That's because in *nix-land, where the GIMP originates, they live in the root of the home directory.
-
In the cabling you almost certainly have, wires 1 and 7 form a circuit and not getting a light means there's no circuit, so there's your problem. But by now you've sorted it, I'm sure
-
VirtualBox and Ubuntu 8.04 desktop
powdarrmonkey replied to mjs_mjs's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
Smells of a kernel bug - have you tried Ubuntu 9.04? -
Shutdown Occuring Before login?
powdarrmonkey replied to mthomas08's topic in EduGeek Shutdownertron
Yes, shutdown takes place even when at the login screen - but you don't see the warning dialog, it just happens. -
In IPv6 all addresses can be publicly routed, that's half the point. There is no NAT any more, no port forwarding... However to use it at the moment you need an IPv6 enabled router and a service that provides it natively, or a (carefully configured and probably *nix) machine that acts as a router through a tunnel from SixXS or Hurricane Electric. (My ISP, Goscomb.net, provide it natively, and it rocks.)
-
Apache Server Name not recognised
powdarrmonkey replied to demsley's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Yes, your DNS infrastructure needs to know about your new server name. -
Yes and no. You can run as many virtual sites as you like on port 80; however they're right to say they can't guarantee a minimum level of service if you start splitting it up. They install their own instance of Apache2 in any case.
-
@FN-GM: Have a look at adtool, which I maintain in Debian and Ubuntu. It's for exactly that
-
...aaaaaaaand I'm back Now to catch up on everything I missed
-
VirtualBox and Ubuntu 8.04 desktop
powdarrmonkey replied to mjs_mjs's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
See if you can reproduce this with ACPI and IO APIC enabled. -
Oh of course, just not for a while
-
I have some business to take care of, and I think some time away would be beneficial in any case, so I am taking an EduBreak. If you need or want me or see a thread you think might interest me please PM me. Thanks! See you all in a week or so
-
I should probably declare that I do have two datacentre beasts and a couple of virtual machines, I'm looking surprisingly lean otherwise
-
You mean the fan noise drowns you out?
-
I run a silent Atom router, DNS/DHCP, mail and cache server, deliberately because it's less hungry on power but still stands up to my demands. It doesn't have a hard drive in either which helps.
-
http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/41600-school-quote-had-laugh.html
-
It was a long time ago, but I've done it. You have to dedicate the units to the bridge, you can't use them as access points at the same time (though I think some of the newer ones can do, so your mileage might vary).
