-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
Correct.
-
In dhcpd.conf you can provide multiple routers, but most clients use them in order and cache routes so if you're going for fail-over there will be a gap when the first one disappears.
-
Cynic, yes (a cautious cynic, perhaps); Dave, apologies.
-
AD : Windows cannot verify that the user name is unique
powdarrmonkey replied to a topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Fix your global catalogue; you must have at least one reachable at all times. -
I'm a bit wary of Mint: every upgrade transition so far has been dire and the developers have been unable to care. This does not bode well for users who don't know they have an X server and so on.
-
first post, glowing recommendation, lots of smileys... hmmm...
-
ooo, pretty.....
-
Italc: Couple of questions
powdarrmonkey replied to superatticman's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Sorry, I had a manic week and didn't get time to look at it. I'll try and see this week - I think you have a dependency shortage. -
As heard on a radio phone-in this morning (after an accident on the M1 involving a cow): "I herd about the problems on the M1: is the traffic moooving or should I find an-udder route?" And seen on facebook: rumours of a new tv show, in which Fern Britton captures and tortures Chris Tarrant - Britton's Got Tarrant
-
The link href should be file:///R:/....
-
I tell you, Jobs will seek you out and burn you in ritual ceremony...
-
If you're going to have Chromium from the daily PPA, comment the repository lines back out after installing or you'll get an updated build every day
-
Free 1GB Memory Sticks for Teachers & School Staff
powdarrmonkey replied to jamin100's topic in General Chat
muppet: what email address did you send to? I've had no response ever. -
you tube is down?
powdarrmonkey replied to lionsl2005's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Surely "YouTube is down for maintenance" answers your question already? -
Italc: Couple of questions
powdarrmonkey replied to superatticman's topic in Network and Classroom Management
No, it's just the weekend. I'll look at it tomorrow. -
I don't know, I don't use Ubuntu in production at all, just for auto-builders. Make sure you have a backup and try it
-
...what exactly did you do differently? I used your exact command to test.
-
When there's a new release, a million people all hit the mirrors at once. It's going to be pretty sluggish. Yes, just update your apt sources list to use the CD and do an apt-get dist-upgrade. No.
-
hmm, giveaway name, first post recommendation, too good to be true... edit: bless, it even has one of those old 7-seg hit counters
-
Italc: Couple of questions
powdarrmonkey replied to superatticman's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Ok, I forced installation of mingw on an Intrepid and Jaunty box last night and there's a deeper problem with the compiler from those PPA packages (good chance they haven't been rebuilt since a point release). Is there some reason you're not using the Windows releases at Browse iTALC - OpenSource classroom-management Files on SourceForge.net? -
No idea, probably Dos_Box's patch overnight.
-
debian-devel can be high traffic (~100 mails a day, sometimes a few hundred). Try debian-devel-announce instead, or subscribe in digest mode. Other handy lists: debian-mentors (packaging questions and sponsorship), debian-release (making the wheels go round in sid and squeeze), debian-users (non-development queries). If you're interested in packaging (where most activity is) choose something interesting and useful from Freshmeat, see if you'd use it on a regular basis, and package it.
-
Out of curiosity, which list did you get snowed under? debian-devel can be pretty heavy at times, for sure.
-
I used to use a wiki. You might also check out RedNotebook, which I maintain in Debian and Ubuntu.
