-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
You can configure the colour of a BSOD to anything in the VGA range, 'spect that's all it is. (purple? puce? peach? passionfruit? pebbledash?)
-
Virtualistion questions
powdarrmonkey replied to sparkeh's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
sparkeh: linky? -
Did you give it a computer name in your sysprep answer file?
-
Guide: how can I capture an Image using WDS is a good summary, the MS article is looooooong.
-
Only in setups designed like that - in pure stereo, you just get the same sound coming from each pair.
-
You need to boot from a capture image, sent by the server - get it off a vista dvd and load it into the Boot Images section.
-
[centos] Setting locale in CentOS 5.x, and other problems
powdarrmonkey replied to powdarrmonkey's topic in *nix
Got it: it's on a Xen host, and the xen kernel forces all output to the serial console, which of course can only talk vt100 Might just have to put up with it, I don't care that much. -
[centos] Setting locale in CentOS 5.x, and other problems
powdarrmonkey replied to powdarrmonkey's topic in *nix
Shared, hence the struggle! Managed to set the locale (in /etc/sysconfig/i18n, of all places) and re-initting enables it, so that's fine (already tried system-config-language, load of help that was..) Had to force localedef to do its job though because there are invalid characters in the .po, thanks centos! The console is still not right though - seems to be in an absolutely essential fallback mode, so no column geometry, letter weighting, colour, clearing - nothing -
I'm stuck with using CentOS for our VLE and I've been building up a new server to replace the one that's dying. I can't set the locale though: I've set keyboard layout in the setup doohickey, but it doesn't work, and whatever I tell locale(1) it insists on being en_US.UTF8. In debian-land I'd dpkg-reconfigure locales and then build the .mo file with localegen(1); is there a CentOS equivalent? I also can't make the console font sensible or in colour, which is just bugging me, but that's for bonus points.
-
Search Results: sheevaplug (one os to rule them all...)
-
so the little voices have found you too?
-
This depends on the NAND controller in the stick.
-
If "Monday" open "Monday.htm", if "Tuesday" open "Tuesday.html"
powdarrmonkey replied to mb2k01's topic in Web Development
Hmm, I just installed Xibo in ten minutes flat (having seen it but not played with it before), very impressive (we have our first sign going on the wall.. well, when somebody decides where). -
Just the way the app is written, probably.
-
If you install GTK+ then your application, you should get centralised libraries - if they're bundled together it's anyone's guess.
-
If "Monday" open "Monday.htm", if "Tuesday" open "Tuesday.html"
powdarrmonkey replied to mb2k01's topic in Web Development
mb2k01: Seen this? Xibo Open Source Digital Signage -
Says 'use this file as input, it is a list of regular expressions'
-
If "Monday" open "Monday.htm", if "Tuesday" open "Tuesday.html"
powdarrmonkey replied to mb2k01's topic in Web Development
any language preference? -
[news] Store assistant who hums must pay royalties
powdarrmonkey replied to powdarrmonkey's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Pass. I don't have the legal reference to hand, but the deciding factor is 'public broadcast' (however you interpret that). Welcome to one of the most contentious issues of the whole sorry mess -
Select multiple objects in Active Directory and change all their profile paths in one go.
-
ind1ekid: there are ways and means of the two co-existing. have you tried it for, say, a month?
-
[news] Store assistant who hums must pay royalties
powdarrmonkey replied to powdarrmonkey's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
PRS are effectively an agent, they represent the rights of copyright holders and collect royalties on their behalf. -
[news] Store assistant who hums must pay royalties
powdarrmonkey posted a topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Yay for the PRS: Slashdot Entertainment Story | Singer In Grocery Store Ordered To Pay Royalties
