-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
Er, no. Only when you want to execute something requiring privileges, and then you should drop them as soon as possible.
-
Why don't you ask them?
-
Investigate the System.Security.Cryptography and System.IO namespaces.
-
In Debian runlevels 4 and 5 are aliases. You should be able to switch between them with telinit (not init) but I don't know the Ubuntu specifics. False.
-
Do PGCE students at your school get laptops?
powdarrmonkey replied to maniac's topic in How do you do....it?
No, we don't (and we could afford to, we just don't). -
FoI only applies to publicly-funded organisations. Under data protection legislation, you can request a disclosure of information held that directly relates to you, but you certainly won't get withheld numbers out of them (I couldn't even do it for nuisance calls that I wanted to report to the TPS ).
-
Beware Of Fake Microsoft Updates Coming Through E-Mail
powdarrmonkey replied to 6Foot2's topic in IT News
Which is precisely why Microsoft cryptographically sign the announcements. It doesn't take long to check the signature. -
This is the first time i've used this forum
powdarrmonkey replied to stringfellow's topic in Windows Server 2008
Oh, I thought it was a 'this is a post so i can put a link in another post' type post. -
With Simon Tatham's plink.
-
This is the first time i've used this forum
powdarrmonkey replied to stringfellow's topic in Windows Server 2008
Um...ok. (Reminds me of Russ's test message that say 'do not reply'... blatant invitation ) -
want! I asked the boss, he wasn't enthusiastic...
-
I 'wood', but not that one... eugh.
-
IIRC that's because there's a testing gap: the spur has to have a T&I, and a pluggable lead gets a PAT but there is no formal test for a spur with a flying lead (or hard-wired devices on a spur).
-
You can still leave a live lead hanging around if it's got a plug on the end...
-
Oh, now I see: you mean 'domain local', not 'local'.
-
My point still stands.
-
huh? GPOs aren't subject to local group memberships
-
Look in the event viewer.
-
virgin media tv down, birmingham schools internet down
powdarrmonkey replied to jamin100's topic in General Chat
No, they just sit in a smokey underground room with a huge map and some little pictures of routers, poking them around with sticks and muttering to themselves until the line comes back up. -
Don't have it wired in, just get a socket fitted.
-
Deploying the upgrade is a piece of cake, I'd put it on now and get the scheduling sorted (because people will be your biggest enemy there) and then upgrade later.
-
Correct. Then the switched spur needs a formal test and inspect at four year intervals, and the fly lead needs a PAT (if that's your school's policy, and at the intervals they specify).
-
TinyMCE?
-
. Next time I'm squidging in your suitcase Anywho, have fun
-
It's implemented in 1.5, where it's a new group policy option (so you can arrange inheritance nicely). I just have to finish off second chancing and do some testing and it will be ready.
