-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
You could try Virtual Pascal ... it's what the 6th form uses here. from here ... [hobbes.nmsu.edu] Viewing file: /pub/os2/dev/pascal/vp21b279.zip
-
Not sure if this is in the right place but I daresay someone will move it if not. I've just had a quick look through our shared areas and I'm convinced that we have resources duplicated here there and everywhere ... it's far too much trouble for people to remember where they put stuff, far better to put it on again than find the original. Anyway, what I would like to know is, has anyone found a decent duplicate file finder (preferably free)? I want to be able to have a bit of a clear out by removing files that have been placed in several different locations Many thanks
-
But, the point is, RM don't manufacture their own notebooks and therefore it is another manufacturer. However, even the manufacturer no longer has spares for these machines and are unable to supply any more so, unfortunately, there is no solution.
-
We have quite a few of these machines. I have replaced keyboards in the past (when spares were available) but have kept the old ones and use them to pull apart for spares. It looks as though you may have to have a sacrificial machine to be a doner for spares. The power buttons quite often get pushed in on these as well and that seems to be a frequent task just lately.
-
Please sign [ if you agree ] - I used to work here.
HarryMonkey replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
Signed -
Well you could start here ... http://www.edugeek.net/forums/educational-jobs/86916-temp-work.html
-
Groupcall Emerge iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch app for MIS access.
HarryMonkey replied to vikpaw's topic in MIS Systems
Am I correct in thinking that once a register has been taken that it can't be retaken? It would be useful to be able to take an emergency register so that the device could be used during a fire evacuation.- 136 replies
-
- app
- attendance
-
(and 9 more)
Tagged with:
-
SLT need to make it a school policy that all staff must check their emails regularly. Now regularly can have different meanings so for example Heads of year, twice daily, HoD the same, anyone with an email address on the website, at least once a day, everyone else daily, cleaners etc weekly. I used to send round an email to everyone saying that I had updated the mail server and could everyone please reply to the email so I could check it was still working properly. This gives you a clear indication of who is and isn't using the system and this can then be passed on as appropriate.
-
Looks like this has been foisted, sorry, I mean gone live today. I must say it has to be one of the worst pages I have come across in a long time. I really think the BBC have shot themselves in the foot with this one.
-
Yes you have, me. How can you question my intelligence when you know absolutely nothing about me?
-
Based on what (other than your own personal taste)?
-
The most mundane thing you have ever ordered off the internet?
HarryMonkey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Vacuum cleaner belt. I just hope it arrives in time, it's her birthday on Friday -
Senior ICT Assistant - The Warwick School, Redhill, Surrey
HarryMonkey replied to grahamd22's topic in Educational IT Jobs
It probably is, those 28 days can also include bank holidays, so whilst the job may only be 24 days, if they get public holidays in addition then that's all above board. -
Tell me about it. I've got two westies and just can't contemplate the thought of them not being there.
-
Could be that the battery is dead. I've had laptops that won't even boot off the mains if the battery is dead.
-
Whilst not a legal requirement, it is often incorporated into school or LA policy. The fact still remains though, PAT or not, the use of an unearthed lead will result in an unsafe installation.
-
Part of a PAT is a visual inspection of the installation and an earth test using the appliance's lead. (Or at least it was when I learnt it all those years ago)
-
Using a figure 8 (two cables) to kettle lead or clover leaf (3 cables) will mean that your new device will not be earthed when it, clearly, requires earthing (hence the 3rd pin). As a result there is no way that this installation can pass a portable appliance test. Sorry Gareth, I'm afraid you're gonna have to rewire it with a long kettle lead.
-
However, they pay their rent and as such are entitled to have the maintenance on such things done by the housing association/council/landlord. I'm sure that if these were private tenants and teh landlord had told them to buy their own boiler, there would be a greater sympathy for them. Regardless of what they choose to wear, they are entitled to a level of service from their landlord.
-
So, did anyone see "The Great British Food Revival" last night? ... That piece of Longhorn forerib of beef looked wonderful, must go and get myself a piece of that.
-
Smartwater is ok but it's not really a deterent. It's fine for identifying your stuff in the (unlikely) event it gets recovered. For me, engraving is the route, and non too pretty either.
-
No matter what happens DJ, it can't end up as bad as these ... CAR LEASING CHEAP LEASE CARS SALES CAR LEASING CHEAP CONTRACT HIRE DEALS Yvette's Wedding Dresses Panama City Florida Yvette's Yvette's
-
Fairy nuff
-
Just a couple of points that stood out for me from the web design page, professional should be professionally. Websites is my aim should be websites are my aim. I would also change the ampersand for the word and. I might also split the word webpages into two words. You need an "of" in between all and my (I run all of my webpages ... should that be websites?)
