Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. Drill two holes about 3mm diameter into the faceplate about 6-10 mm apart close to the socket (but not into the module itself). You can then run a thin cable tie through to clamp the cable in place. With no free play on the cable, the plug cannot be disconnected.
  2. Brilliant instructions. Many thanks.
  3. I seem to recall a story that, many years ago, (back in the 60s) the AA were admonished by the police for warning their members about the presence of a waiting police car/speed trap. As a result of this, their patrolmen on their motorcycles would fail to salute a member (as they were required to do at the time). Said member, having failed to recieve a salute from a patrolman was within his rights to stop and ask why. It was at this point that he would be told about the waiting police car. So you see, it is something that has gone on for many many years and has continued to land people in hot water as a result.
  4. Mine refund me the cost of the eye test. I don't bother claiming for glasses as I use them at home as well.
  5. I have an iTunes account but when I try to set up the free MobileMe account on my phone, it says that my hardware is not compatible with the free account. To pay £60 for a year's subscription, I might just as well pay to get the phone insured.
  6. So I need an iPhone4 or a Mac or an iPad or a 4th gen iPod. As I only have a PC and a 3GS then I guess I'll just have to make sure I don't lose it.
  7. Also needs an iPhone 4 to set up the account
  8. I bought an LG 42" 1080p LCD earlier in the year and it's been brilliant. (Mind you ... I wish I'd waited now as it's down to £350 at Currys or Comet).
  9. I'm guessing it's probably GoSkyWatch. They do a free version for ipad and a paid version for ipad and iphone
  10. Yep ... Korean man in wheelchair falls to death after missing lift | Mail Online
  11. But then this causes problems with OWA as it's not a trusted certificate. You might want to have a look here ... http://www.edugeek.net/forums/how-do-you-do/25922-how-create-certificate-request-exchange-2007-ucc.html
  12. Neither do we ours is .org.uk
  13. We used these ... free for schools ... SSL Certificates SSL Wildcard SSL Free Certificates SSL Server Certificate 256 bits
  14. The most violent and racist footballing country that there is ... it was a natural choice.
  15. Took me an hour and 20 minutes to get to work today (normal time is about half an hour). Not because the roads were bad, not because the snow was falling particularly heavilly but because some #@*& wouldn't go above 20mph and every time they came to a side road would stop and let out everyone who was waiting. Now I'm all for a cautious approach but on a clear snow free main road there's just no excuse.
  16. Health + Safety Briefing 34c defines the following ...
  17. Nope, you're not being fobbed off. Your supplier is correct.
  18. Yes it is! A portable appliance is any appliance that is connected to the mains via a plug/socket. Whether you consider it to be portable is irrelevant, in terms of IEEE regulations it is. An experienced PAT tester will realise this and conduct the necessary tests and record it appropriately in line with LA and IEEE regulations.
  19. The server is a portable appliance ... it's anything that is plugged in to the wall, so, even though your washing machine may not appear to be very portable, it is classed as a portable device for the purposes of PAT testing. Now there are no hard and fast rules regarding computer equipment and generally it is just the mains lead that needs testing. However, your LA may have a specific policy which the school will be expected to follow so it's worth checking with them. For something like a server that gets moved infrequently it may be that it only requires checking every 5 years but i think that the mains lead will require an annual visual inspection at the very least.
  20. Another interesting snippet from the BBC ... BBC News - Why do schools shut when it snows?
  21. I've often wondered how it is that people are unable to get to work because of the bad conditions yet can get to the top of the highest hill in the area to take their kids sledging!
  22. Whereabouts are you?
  23. I just hope it all holds off round here until I get back from Leicester tonight.
  24. Nope. Nothing in this neck of the woods, just a good hard frost.
  25. I absolutely LOVED my MR2. Was gutted when I finally admitted that it wasn't really very practical. : (
×
×
  • Create New...