Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sukh

Members
  • Posts

    2,161
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sukh

  1. You need to backup using the exchange option not as vhd files.
  2. you shouldn't have to do anything by default. what script are you running and why? it seems like you may have to allow fre/busy to show and the level of detail you want published.
  3. sorted? Test a new email from sender org to your org. Check queues on sender's org.
  4. Is this a hosted solution as in you're a tenant or is exchange dedicated to your environment as with a on premises deployment?
  5. You need to perform that on the target Exch server. I.e the server which will take on the old mail.que DB. The unreachable is a queue. It's referring to the target server not the source (where you recovered the mail.que).
  6. Put PA in online mode & test.
  7. Ah, I see, if that's the case, I guess only OWA/IE natively will allow that.
  8. ActiveSync?
  9. Up the logging on the Send Connector to verbose and see what's going on. If using a smarthost confirm with ISP if the allow 25 or 587? Test both. Also, test using Internal DNS lookups, the default. If your internal DNS is working then you shouldn't need external lookups.
  10. @FN-GM Only the 2 issues mentioned above. Apart from that the actual upgrade process is perfect, it's the issues you may have after. I will be updating other customers later on this week. If there's an issues, I'll report on this post, if I dont then assume these were fine.
  11. Correct, All SP for Exch disable the services. They should get enabled after but isn't always the case.
  12. I only had 1 issue and know of one other. 1. OA stopped working and I couldn't disabled & enable it again. This was a test lab, only way I got it working was a rebuild. 2. Many customers reporting this issue, no ETA on fix. - Unable to soft delete some messages after installing Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6 or SP3
  13. Correct, that is by design, it will have 2 dates.
  14. That looks good to me, seems like an issue at their end.
  15. You want to run exch on a dedicated server & when you install your dc if yiu select the gc option then it will be a gc too.
  16. I always advise to use a AV scanner for the DB. A virus can start from within your network rather than come through. Unless you network is securely locked down and you have AV on all your desktops and port 25 blocked then that would ease my mind. Still, if user credentials have been leaked and one decides to send an authenticated email virus, it wont be too good. You just need to factor that in the risk. Other than that, you dont need a DB level AV scanner. Most cloud screening/3rd partys catch 100% of AV, and 99.9% of AS. If your concern is AV only then I would think that you can assume it's OK not to have AV for DB. Keep a file level scanner and exclude the usual process, file, services etc... In fact, even MSFT is retiring FPE 2010 in a few years.
  17. Automapping is on SP2 & SP3, so if you're using SP1 I'd upgrade.
  18. There wont be a impact to Exchang if upgrading the domain to W2K3. However, you will still need a 2003 GC around for Exch 2003.
  19. I've seen strange issues with firewalls, but this is if you're using a reverse proxy and if you're offloading SSL traffic there for inspection. I think the issues needs to be narrowed down the EAS/the CAS server/the actual user(s)/device.
  20. Check via OWA to see if they exist in the Outbox. I suspect this may be due to cache mode/online mode. There was a fix for this in the CU for offcie. make sure you have the latest SP & CU for office.
  21. It depends on the level of experience & industry you work in and which country you are based in. It also depends on how the product is being used. I know it's got a little easier over the years, but for e.g Exch isn't just next, next, next and finish. However, some admins have the same knowledge as another UK admin but are based in "cheap labour" companies. This is similar to where you are located in the UK, Different area's different pay. I believe it's down to the individual to set pay expectation, and if not met, then decline. There isn't nt even a handful of employers I know that will recruit a person who has just read a book and installed a DC or Exch. You need to know your stuff. The only competition I see is the cloud or "cheap labour" countries, IMHO.
  22. Check the agent logs. I assume that that email address is only known to IT/You so what concerns are there?
  23. Once you have made your decision, then let me know. Either proceed to remove the PF, but make sure OAB is set to Web-Based distriubution or keep the PF DB if you have a need as mentioned above and clean up PF system folders.
  24. It means emails are bypassed for content filtering. I assume you trust the app/script which relays off Exch? If yes, why would you be concerned for AS filtering.
×
×
  • Create New...