Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sukh

Members
  • Posts

    2,161
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sukh

  1. "they log into the OWA with their 'secondaryschooldomain\secondaryusername' ID so the test is null! " Are you saying they don't see it via OWA too?
  2. Do you see any addresslist or just the GAL? Can you test via OWA?
  3. If you login to windows with secondaryschooldomain\secondaryusername all is fine? Do you see any addresslist or just the GAL?
  4. So when primaryusername opens Outlook they don't see the GAL?
  5. Well it doesn't seems like a Exch issue. I would say it's a build/gpo/add-ons issue. You can probably isolate those.
  6. OK, remove all GPO's applied to that GPO. Update, then check again.
  7. What if you create a temp OU, with only the Default Domain policy and move test PC in there. Also, if you have User Policy, exclude those. You say it works in IE without add-ons. So if you test this with the GPO's you have applied to the user & PC. Are you getting consistent behaviour?
  8. To rule out your build and network, have you tried from external connection using home PC?
  9. Happens to all users who have attachments?
  10. same messages/attachments/type/user cause the same crash? can you reproduce this easily?
  11. Was it this one 6AC1 786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04fB984F9
  12. You need the whole report really. Can you PM?
  13. Internally I assume you mean they clients are connected on the LAN? If yes they would use the SCP for AutoD. I would suggest you sort out AutoD from outside. What does ExchRCA say?
  14. There's always issues with IOS. What I'd recommend first is to put on SP3 + Latest RU, then check. If it still fails then check via Exch RCA. If it still fails, check AS logs and IIS too.
  15. Haven't had time to look into this, but regardless need to know which method is being used here. I assume AutoD?
  16. Hey James I thought if AutoD is working it populates unless there is an issue. I.e what's happened here... I will have to look again, you sure?
  17. Are you using AutoD for the migration or do you have an endpoint? Why isn't AUtoD working, the page before that should pick up those settings. The RPC should be mail....com
  18. Appreciate the feedback. I'm not so familiar with Google as I am with O365. I'll look into the Google products. I'm guessing you haven't used LondonMail?
  19. Something like this but you will need to check for the folder and loop through mailboxes. Glen's Exchange Dev Blog: Deleting Items in a mailbox using Exchange Web Services and Powershell
  20. Other alternative is to use EWS code in PS to access the mailboxes/deleted items and delete. This does need some thinking and coding in PS and access via EWS.
  21. Basically, what you have seen is by design. The MFA will only run as the tags have already been set on the messages. There isn't anything from the Exchange side that you can do. Sorry :-(
  22. Have you created a new GPO recently? What GPO does 6AC1 786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04fB984F9 refer to? Check using ADSIEDIT (CN=System, CN=Policies)
  23. I can't remember your setup for RPT. The calculation is important for you to understand - A user receives a message in the Inbox folder on 01/26/2011. The Inbox folder has a retention tag configured to delete items in 365 days. 1. The Managed Folder Assistant processes the message. It stamps the message with a start date of 01/26/2011 and an expiration date of 01/26/2012. 2. The user soft-deletes the item on 02/27/2011.The item is moved to the Deleted Items folder, which has a retention tag configured to delete the item in 30 days. 3. The Managed Folder Assistant processes the message. It recalculates the expiration date based on the start date (01/26/2011). 4. Because the item is older than 30 days, it is deleted immediately. • A user receives an item in the Inbox folder on 01/26/2011.The Inbox folder doesn't have a retention tag applied, and the retention policy doesn't contain a default policy tag. 1. The user soft-deletes the item on 02/27/2011.The item is moved to the Deleted Items folder, which has a retention tag configured to delete items in 30 days. 2. The Managed Folder Assistant processes the mailbox on 03/27/2011 and determines the item doesn't have a start date. It stamps the current date as the start date, and 04/27/2011 as the expiration date. 3. The item is deleted on 04/27/2011, which is 30 days after it was deleted or moved to the Deleted Items folder.
  24. Hi All I have a few questions around some systems, namely LondonMail, Fronter & PurpleMash. 1. LondonMail V oO365. I haven't used LondonMail and it seems to be O365 anyway but provided by LGFL. Any pros/cons going with LondonMail? 2. Fronter & PurpleMash - I assume these systems can be integrated with on-prem AD? 3. Opinions on LondinMails those who have used it/still using it/moved away to O365? Thanks Sukh
×
×
  • Create New...