Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

DaveTheTech

Members
  • Posts

    410
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DaveTheTech

  1. I'd use OneDrive and tick all the boxes: only specific people with a link can open it, plus a password, plus an expiary date.
  2. Are you not able to use the ceritifcate connector in Intune?
  3. There is a post on here about getting housepoints into a chart and putting them on Xibo - a digital signage solution. I'll see if I can dig it up
  4. Middle clicking links to open, works in the taskbar as well. I'd add pinning to the taskbar as well. You can print up to 10 (?) of the same type of doucment in Windows Explorer using right click and print. Win+E for Windows Explorer. You can pin actions at the top left of Word, by the auto-save slider. THese are then numbered whilst pressing ALT. ALT+I,P,F for insert picture from file. Then alt+5 to repeat the action. Want to crop that picure? Select a picture, alt+4 for example right click the start button gives you extra options. hostname | clip - will copy the hostname to the clipboard. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V - you can use Win+V to bring up clipboard history. aka.ms/setupmfa and aka.ms/sspr for MFA and Self Service Password Reset
  5. There's a great channel for Intune stuff on youtube. http://intune.training One of the guys is a PowerShell wiz and runs a site called Powers Hell - well worth a read through his stuff, if your into that. As far as Adding things to Intune, if the device ID hasn't been added to your Tenant by your Vendor, you can create a bootable device and use that to enroll with AutoPilot: Create a bootable Windows 10 Autopilot device with PowerShell! | Powers Hell (powers-hell.com)
  6. Where is the spooling happening? Posted after the above, but that would be a likely guess from the other steps that you have gone through
  7. Straw Poll ought to work.
  8. I am getting something similar. Seems that newly images machines are not installing a needed update for the fix to take effect. If you install the printer from the share directly, you'll get an error - hopefully 0x000011b. Check for the following update KB5006670. We have released this via SCCM, but its not being picked up. Checking MS onine, find the above update and installs it.
  9. Might be worth checking your GDPR stuff. Audacity was bought out by Muse Group in May, recent releases have altered their privacy policy. They now collect data and suggest not using the product if you are under 13. Audacity has been forked: GitHub - tenacityteam/tenacity - might be useful alternative.
  10. I hav always used takeown to take ownership of files and folders.
  11. After watching Arrowverse, the different actor for Barry is going to take some getting used to.
  12. Manufacturers cant't be trusted with what they claim their cables can achieve. Link is an LTT video that goes into signal strength and intergity.
  13. As above, SIMS does not handle scailing. Some modules are OK. But if you click on say InTouch, the screen will shrink to 1/4 of the size. After this context menus wont align with the mouse. The primary display needs to be set to 100% scailing. Either set an external display, or drop the resolution down till the scialing is 100%. EG, our Surface Pros need to be dropped to 1440x900. If you use SIMS via a remote app, ctrl+shift+end and log off. Closing the session wont log you off the server - depending on how you have it all set up. If you set the external monitor as default, this will need to be done with every different monitor set.
  14. Android 11, currently on the latest pixel phones, has removed the feature to not inspect CA certificates. You will have to install the certificate beforehand. You can then choose the CA on the second drop down. This is the first model / carrier to start this. It is only going to become more wide spread.
  15. ARe you using a shared device licence? I get this every now and then, for what every reason our TS doesn't licence Office as it should. Try running: cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\OSPP.VBS" /dstatus cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\OSPP.VBS" /act Its likely that only the second is needed, but this sorts out the occasional problem I have here
  16. Can you not apply a GPO to alter the registries? It can also be done via a script - that could also be simple to deploy (depending on tools available).
  17. I thought that known folder move didnt work whilst folder redirection was inplace? I used a mixture of the SharePoint Migration Tool and "users can sort themselves out". This was purely because staff had started using it and had partially moved documents over.
  18. Search for my post on this.It will do just that! ALthough I suggest that you redirect documents etc to OneDrive. The post explains everything. And whilst the script wasnt meant for public consumption, is up on GitHub.
  19. Should be able to use a different browser profile to help with this. I have one for my user account and a seperate one for my admin account - works well.
  20. We have an OU for each school. With Workstations, Users and Groups under each one. mavhc, what benefits were there from having school OUs as a child of Pupil?
  21. I would have one domain and a DC at each site. As you say, you dont want to end up with one site being the weak link that takes all three out. Our trust has 2 data centers, physical servers at each site and sims is hosted centrally.
  22. When you say shared do you mean an Apple Shared iPad, or jus that multiple students use the same iPad? tmoon's link is a shared iPad. I think JAMF calls the later an open iPad.
  23. MAPI excemptions....Check to see what mail apps are allowed. If all are ticked, toggle them off and back on. I got a similar error when playing around with hiding access to the mailbox.
  24. Bit of shoppng - seems to be a mixed bag. Some of the stuff has shot up in price then been lowered for the sale. But then the 1TB blue that was posted is the cheapest its ever been.
  25. Here is a quick writeup on how I done it. You essentially apply two GPOs and the winning one takes effect. I set it so removing them from a legacy folder redirection group 'moved' them to OneDrive. This means that any new accounts that we create wont have the legacy group and so, will get OD settings. PS Script to help OneDrive Migration (edugeek.net)
×
×
  • Create New...