Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

DaveTheTech

Members
  • Posts

    410
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DaveTheTech

  1. I haven't used Equitrac, but have set up Papercut. Scan to email was an absolute breeze, even more so with their newer versions - we went from version 16 to 19. As far as the users are concerned they select the scanner feature, click scan to me and hit go.
  2. I noticced these cameras whilst browsing for a conference speaker https://www.jabra.co.uk/business/video-conferencing/jabra-panacast You could just get a camera with a wide angle lense?
  3. Is there already a PC in the room? You could run AirServer on it.
  4. I started to look into this: https://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/ But the deputy head, responsible for timetable changes, preferred to do it by hand.
  5. I ahve decided to re watch teh ArrowVerse. So Arrow, Flash, Supergirl etc. Need to find where I can watch the newer programs.
  6. There are still laptops being sold that are spinning rust - make sure they get an SSD. I would also suggest getting an external drive for backups
  7. I have just done this using rclone. Got a list of users that were in a leavers OU, grabbed their home drive and moved the contents to an other folder. This was then uploaded to OneDrive/SharePoint using rclone.
  8. Are you not using WSUS or SCCM?
  9. BGInfo does have a place where you can create the variables that you wan to include on the desktop overlay. The problem would be the free ram would be out of date as soon as its on the screen.
  10. I would suggest taking a look at Jayztwocents or LinusTechTips. LTTs forum is great at finding things like this. LTT have a fairly recent build - pre Nvidia 3000 and Ryzen 5000 realeases. So prices should come down to what you are looking for:
  11. I would suggest using PowerShell to manage teams - there isn't the 50 user limit.
  12. There isn't unfortunately. I have seen a script that automatically follows the site - but it requires them to visit the site at least once. As soon as you log into SharePoint you do get a search bar right in front - get them to search there?
  13. Im eager to see the performance and also price/performance comparison to Intel. Good job that we are having to wait for the rtx3000 series to come into stock.
  14. I have had better luck using powershell instead of the GUI. Keeping on top of updates that were superseded seemed to make a big difference.
  15. Get-MsolUser | Where-Object {($_.licenses).AccountSkuId -like "*Stu*"} Would the above offer what you are looking for?
  16. Have you tried adding a policy that removes any shared printers?
  17. I have used a 5 port version similar to this in the past: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZSPXZZ-product-Multi-device-charging-station/dp/B07X1XN3ZW/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=charging+station+15+port&qid=1602073295&sr=8-13 Seems that you could make your own similar to lockncharges offering: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garsentx-Multiple-Intelligent-Charging-100-240V-UK/dp/B08FCDSX3S/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=charging%2Bstation%2B15%2Bport&qid=1602073295&sr=8-14&th=1
  18. I'd replace the projector. Bulbs last longer on newer models, they're brighter and more efficient. It'd be even better if you went with an LED model.
  19. Classic Shell is no longer supported. Open Shell is its successor - I think it was a fork of it?
  20. Do they come back if you remote them all? How many computers are effected?
  21. I had thought that 2004 was in a sort of closed beta and being rolled out to devices when it was ready for testing?
  22. Its the final series isnt it? One of the few programs that I honestly laughed out loud at.
  23. We found out that our server room was under spec'd. TBF it was probably fine for 10 years ago. But adding a server, a SAN and a much beefier core switch soon took up the extra capacity. Come summer time the AC worked over time and boiled itself dry. That was great walking in and hitting that wall of warm air. Always wandered how they calculated it - turns out its a bit more complex than "find the capacity of the room and how many servers there are" https://www.tombling.com/cooling/heat-load-calculations.htm
  24. Thanks for the link! I had the same thing with Whitechapel ~ 300 capcity venue. Now look at em!
  25. https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/32718798498.html?scm=1007.23534.123999.0&pvid=eef43d81-cd97-4827-8020-062d7389c7e7&rmsg=do_not_replacement&aff_request_id=bd3884219f084998b4fca7f4cb219cc0-1584448325002-05683-Myewy6Rm As like the others, I couldnt find a good photo, the above is the best I found. Appears that the cap is the same as the three at the top. Looking on some other baords here (none are the same as yours, although I am dead certain that we had some ending in DS3). The capacitors that are the same size and colour are the same model. If you dont get a good reply, it could be safe to assume the above?
×
×
  • Create New...