DaveTheTech
Members-
Posts
410 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DaveTheTech
-
Secure enclosure for a single (tower) server - recommendations?
DaveTheTech replied to pete's topic in Hardware
Security cages - this one encloses the whole thing, so removes the temptation to press any power buttons Universal Bespoke Totally Enclosed Heavy Duty Desktop PC / Server Security Cage (pc-safe.co.uk) Although why not use a normal cab and throw a shelf in? There are also acoustic cabs - great idea for when you need a PoE switch in an office or classroom. 6U Acoustic Wall Mounted Data Cabinets 600 Wide 600 Deep | Server Room Environments -
Power BI licensing for users in your organization - Power BI | Microsoft Docs The above reads as though any one can create a report. But to share it you need to have a pro licence - which is what you have.
-
Thanks for letting us know - I know that some of our teachers are sharing the PowerPoints like that. For clarification, when you say presentation mode, is that where the PowerPoint it shared via the teacher? - Not by scfreen sharing the PowerPoint Window on the desktop, but using the specific PowerPoint option.
-
It appears that you can have different meeting options for both the meeting and the breakout room. For example, I could change the present option from myself to everyone in just the breakout room. This didnt effect the main meeting. I haven't been able to test out the above. Hopefully this is MS moving towards having better contorls.
-
I have used Remote Utilities for Windows | Remote Utilities before, there is also Activate a Home subscription | VNC® Connect (realvnc.com). Both should allow you to view whats happening
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Google Earth on Chrome - ERR_BLOCKED_BY_ADMINISTRATOR
DaveTheTech replied to Norphy's topic in Educational Software
Does going to chrome://policy give any useful information? -
USB C Headphone adapters with long "tongue"
DaveTheTech replied to LeMarchand's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
I would have thought it could be the case fowling on the plastic section of the usb. I occasionally find 3.5mm jacks that have this problem. Is this happening with your adapters? -
There is a Team extension for Teams called Classroom Dropin
-
I thought of the Xhibit meme: Thankfully the only issue that we have had with installing the Teams client is that it looses a DLL file. This needs everything Teams to be uninstalled, which is a little annoying. Why they started using AppData I will never know.
-
If it is in Storage I would chuck the battery on an Optimate and see if that can bring the battery back to life
-
Schools here use a lot of Kyocera printers - they seem to work OK. Just a simple network share affair. Previous place swapped to a Follow Me system. Leased the printers and bought a licence of Papercut through Apogee. Renewal time came around and the costs were still good so went with them again.
-
You can run the wsus clean up wizard from a command line, so it could be scheduled. I have run it during the day and often find the wizard fails, but the powershell continues to run. The main thing to do is to only look for updates that are needed and to decline any that have been succeeded
-
Microsoft Teams Downdetector seems to be fairly accurate with issues/slow downs that our teachers have seen. 9am and 4pm see peaks for most of the days so far this week. I presume its EVERYONE joining for a register at 9 and then sending asignments at 4. This morning was OK. So hopefully they have sorted something out
-
Barcode scanners often put characters at the start and end. Schools used Junior Librarian, so stuck a `~` at the start. You can change the settings, usually by scanning a combination of barcodes.
-
Was the Team setup as a Class?
-
Im still running my gtx 970 with a 6600k....Sounds like perfect excuse to upgrade the old girl!
-
Alternatives to interactive boards and screens
DaveTheTech replied to DinningtonComp's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I was thinking about this when installing the display adapter we use here. QuattroPod Mini Starter Pack - BYOD Wireless Presentation (ezcast.com) You still get to keep the touch control. -
MS Teams - students creating calendar events/meetings
DaveTheTech replied to mdrabble's topic in Cloud Services
I haven't got access at the moment, but here is a copy and paste from a little documentation. I am hoping its been kept up to date. Meeting policy · Allow Meet now in channels set to 'off' · Allow the Outlook add-in set to 'off' · Allow channel meeting scheduling set to 'off' · Allow scheduling of private meetings set to 'off' · Allow Meet now in private meetings set to 'off' -
MS Teams - students creating calendar events/meetings
DaveTheTech replied to mdrabble's topic in Cloud Services
Our students can do the same thing. The fields are greyed out, they have the following text inside: You dont have permissions to create private meetings and create channel meetings. -
MS Teams - students creating calendar events/meetings
DaveTheTech replied to mdrabble's topic in Cloud Services
Is this a live event they are creating? If so, this is different to a meeting or meet now. -
I could well be mistaken, but there was something that required the user to be logged out of O365 sessions - it could be the avatar/profile pcture
-
Seems as though their site just send you into a loop trying to download their device manager. I couldn't find anything else of use either. Are you have a specific problem with your printer?
-
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V7S500): Amazon.co.uk Massive savings on the smaller M.2 offerings from Samsung. Doesn't seem to be offered on their higher capacities. So might have to keep the other drives I have, was hoping for the 2tb drive to be on offer.
-
The cost to password protect PDF documents
DaveTheTech replied to timbo343's topic in How do you do....it?
If it is just password protecting PDFs, then MS Word can do this. The only thing that Adobe does in addition is to create sign-able fields that let people add an electronic signature -
All I want for Christmas is a 56/700x and an rtx 3070
