Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

DaveTheTech

Members
  • Posts

    410
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DaveTheTech

  1. We turned MFA on, the realised some time after that legacy auth was still a problem. To stop this, Conditional Acess was enabled to report only. PS script / signin page to go through and work out what/who was being effected. After a week or two of sortin the above, legacy auth was tunred on and conditional access was enforced. --The above problem wasn't an issue for our admin accounts. Good point about the admin sessions. I must get round to suggesting that.
  2. Dell 2U Cable Management Arm Kit 0YF1JW for Poweredge R720 : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories Seems that they should/could be cross compatible?
  3. I forced a screen saver, then required the password on resume.
  4. One of the latest updates has added another screen. I presume there are some new GPOs that need to be imported?
  5. Dont forget that fibre can have different connectors.
  6. You could do something similar to redirecting OneDrive and use a system variable. Redirect the folders to %redirect%\Desktop using user Then as a machine set %redirect% to the correct location
  7. If I navigate to \\fileserver\d$ I get prompted for creds. Could they not rdp to the server to get whats needed? Or just have access via their standard account? Surely you'd be looking at a PAM based solution? Otherwise, you'd have the option to remember credentials, pretty much loosing and security gains.
  8. Be able to play AAA games. My 970 just cant cope!
  9. You can use flash fill to work this out. [TABLE=width: 128] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, width: 64, align: right]15:08[/TD] [TD=width: 64, align: right]15.08[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]12:04[/TD] [TD=align: right]12.04[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]13:01[/TD] [TD=align: right]13.01[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I typed in 15.08, then selected it and the following rows. ctrl+e for flash fill and its sorted
  10. It is possible to sign in with an apple account and make purchases. I highly suspect thats happened. I had it happen with some DLC content for an app. No idea who bought it, which appe account it could have been.
  11. AD should given full access to users home drives. Is their homedirectory set to the correct value? If not It might be best to set that at the same time. I would use the set-acl permisisons from above. Passing either the home directories from AD or from the list of all folders. Matching the folder name on the sam account name. $StudentShare = "\\fileserver\studentshare$" $StudentOU = "OU=Students....dc= dc=" $students = get-aduser -SearchBase $StudentOU -Filter{enabled -eq $true} $folders = Get-ChildItem $StudentShare -Recurse -Depth 2 # << Check that this returns folders similar to intake1\student1 and intake2\student2 foreach ($student in $students){ $UserPath = $folders.Where({$_.Name -match $student.SamAccountName}) ...ACL}
  12. You can find the uninstall strings here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall The run that as a startup task, use Impero/Netsupport/Similar tool, PowerShell job - easiest would be PSExec.
  13. I'm glad it snot just me that does it. What did you do today Dave? I spent 2 hours getting a Christmas hat to have the correct angle on the schools' logo.
  14. We have video and chat turned off for students. The buttons are thre for staff to call students, but it fails. Chat in Teams is on, as are video feeds in meetings. Works well. Supervised chats, I think would be a bettter way aroudn this - does it work with video? I cant remember the correct terms, but there are three levels. Thinking aloud, the busy/call/video chat bits could be powered by EWS. You could add to teh block list?
  15. Exactly as Bored GUy above. Workstations to auto sign on. Make sure your running a newer verison of windows for file dehydration / Storage sense. Known folder move doesnt work when you have folder redirection already enabled. You can use folder redirection to the above environment variable (%OneDriveSync%). I have a fairly detailed post on this. I automated the move for all staff and students in about 3 weeks. We havent bothered with bandwidth capping. One thing to mention is laptops and low power mode OD client will pause sync if the battery level is low. Staff wont be able to download files - either turn this off or make them aware
  16. final attempt for me as well seen these pop up on Facetube and thought I'd give it ago. I can see it getting addictive
  17. The other option would be to swap out the fans for something from Noctua. We had a similar issue - we were able to swap to a passive switch. There was only 1 or 2 APs and we already had some spare injectors. There are sound insulated cabs available.
  18. I have introduced these to the company I work for: iPad charging cabinet with secure storage for 10 iPads | zioxi They look smart and have a locked section to the side where you put the chargers. They have a series of 4-5 port extension leads. There is a passthrough that leaves a small amount showing that plugs into teh device. I would look at their high density offering: 1:1 Chromebook Charging Locker | Integrated USB-C power | zioxi Bottom right of the sites page to change the language BTW.
  19. I had a similar request years ago for exams. They wanted a clock and somewhere to type in the start, finish and title of the exam. Threw together a quick and dirty HTML page with clock and an editable table. Worked great.
  20. Wouldn't an SMTP relay work better?
  21. Unify has a guest portal, doesn't it?
  22. We use Meraki's guest portal. I remember someone here having a blog post on a good solution: Wireless Guest Account Management – Katy's Tech Blog (katystech.blog)
  23. I got the whitenoise bit as well - I have never used Spotify to do that. I haven't listened to the sound track. Just most liked, most played ,faviourite genre etc. Although I only play daily mixes on the way to work.
  24. Have you got any PrintNightmare fixes in place?
  25. A DPIA should be done any time you change the way that data you hold is processed. It's a good way of running through a check list and can be fairly informal. -not an expert
×
×
  • Create New...