Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

DaveTheTech

Members
  • Posts

    410
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DaveTheTech

  1. Everyone ready to blow out the birthday cake's candles? On three, 1, 2......oh Time for a bit of nostalgia and reminiscing
  2. I believe that they are tied to this location: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders Out of interest, have the Windows Libraries all been updated successfully? Quick check is to look at the Quick Access folder.
  3. I believe that this is a setting that needs to be run on each mailbox.I recall posting about it here before, but cant find it. Set-MailboxMessageConfiguration -MailSendUndoInterval 10 The value is in seconds and I believe the max is 10 seconds. As thats whats listed in OWA.
  4. ...your gonna wrap the game up for him for Christmas?
  5. Searched some previous emails;we build using SCCM, its fails on the loading the toolkit. I go the model name wrong, the model I am (incorrectly) talking about is ThinkCentre M70q Gen3 - hopefully the newer devices have this resolved?
  6. Gareth, if you start getting any Gen3 machines, we found we needed to use usb-c - Ethernet adaptors. Otherwise it would fail the install halfway through.
  7. I have used NetSupport DNA for this. Logon script to display something if their name is not in the list? Or, reset their passwords and only hand them the new creds once they have signed it.
  8. Our renewal was slow and took chasing our account manager to get it resolved. All he said to do is to email support - but I am guessing he gave them a nudge as well.
  9. You can send an invite out when you change the permissions I dont think it can be done automatically - has beena while since I have actually looked though
  10. I have not, I get them to merge to a different location.
  11. I believe I fixed this by changing the starting directory on the shortcut. You can access C: by right clicking a shortcut and selecting opening file location.
  12. Its to do with the version of edge that bought in Work / Home profiles. The issue has been fixed in a later version. I'd make sure thats updated and then remove any shortcuts manually.
  13. Do not disturb mode - you can set multiple schedules. Then allow notifications from People or Apps. The people can be your favourites, or specific people.
  14. I turn on storage sense and have it set to be fairly aggressive. Files get dehydrated if they're not opened regularly.
  15. Have the owner of the Team do it - thats the best route. Class Teams are made available via SDS. If more staff, other than the Teacher need to be added then its down to them. They can be added by using a distribution group - usefull for new starters when they need to be added to a regular Team (we have a Staff Room Team, for example) Or you could use PowerShell's MicrosoftTeams module and remove staff if their AD account is disabled. I have a list of Teams, get the roles for those. Create a matrix / table with that info. Then loop over any changes that I get given. (I do the same thing for AD distribution groups)
  16. I never got round to seeing this either. Thats this nights film sorted!
  17. I remember in my last place that it is possible with an app. IIRC, it took a bit of walking around - it acted like a metal detector. Id suggest buying a class set of pens, then when students loose them they can get a replacement the first time, then its 50% then full price. But you'd need the schools backing.
  18. Definitely a job for handbrake. You can schedule the conversion to happen. continually look at a folder or setup a folder monitor for any additions. .MOV to .MP4 saves a load of space, even without lowering the resolution
  19. I have the same version of Teams and it worked fine. Office 365, version 2307
  20. Edge has the URL: edge://policy/ Does Chrome? It shows a list of policies that are controlled via GPO.
  21. I've always been suggested to spin up a new DC, leave it for a day, turn off the old one Then see if anything breaks. Doesn't 2008r2 use FRS? Wouldn't that need to be migrated, then move into the new DCs?
  22. I've bulk reset a lot of password in the past month. Done it in AD and then let the sync happen.
  23. Are they visible in the GAL?
  24. Who are they sending it to? Are there any mail flow rules?
  25. Sorry if I caused offence (poor choice of words), meant straight forward to get it changed. As you mentioned, the fallout can vary from program to program
×
×
  • Create New...