Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

DaveTheTech

Members
  • Posts

    410
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DaveTheTech

  1. The app on the left hand side? I believe that was moved to a tab inside each Team, but that change was made some time ago.
  2. Glad it was useful - I really ought to document and put stuff into functions.
  3. Its now a Microsoft Store App
  4. I have had to do this in the past - hopefully this PowerShell script is enough to go on. It requires the PNPOnline module to be installed. There are some variables at the top you might want to change. There are better way to get a list of sites - but my admin account didn't have SPO Admin at the time. So this is why its a list that needs to be typed out. You get a CSV with the document libraries, if a user is directly given permission, part of a group and what that group/users permissions are. I have another script that resets permissions on the files and folders to that of the document library. But I am not too sure which version worked for me. TLDR - inheritance was broken at stupid places. I had to make a change and it broke - but that caused me to fix a long running problem that was a ticking time bomb sharepointPermissionFinder.ps1
  5. Are you not able to see live traffic via WatchGuard? Have you unblocked these sites: URLs Used by Minecraft Education – Minecraft Education
  6. I can get to the SSO page - I dont have an account though. I am not with Schools Broadband or use Fortigate.
  7. There will more uptake on the role, if you supply the location and salary in the post/title. Location:Slough, Berkshire, SL2 1QX Salary: £25,704.00 - £27,423.00 Annually (Actual)
  8. Hi, User Config > Admin Templates > MS Edge > Extensions Allow specific IDs to be installed = abc213 - this is the ID for our web filters extension Control which extensions should be revented = * Its the second you need. If there are any installed, it will block them. I presume that identical GPOs exist for Chrome
  9. Much like the game of roundabout chicken. Plan to go, but look to stop.
  10. Hi, This looks great, but why is 'everyone' given permission to the GroupPolicy folder? Surely there are other more suitable groups and permission levels to use?
  11. Hi, I have just tested this and it looks OK Are the accounts that you can't add visible in the GAL?
  12. Im fairly certain that you get two licences per board. One to deliver the lesson and one to prepare it. It looks terrible and is not DPI aware.
  13. No way, I am totally seeing this.
  14. Hi, I have used this on shared PCs. Have it run at boot: Get-ChildItem "C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\*" -directory | Where name -in ('application cache','blob_storage','databases','GPUcache','IndexedDB','Local Storage','tmp', 'previous', 'Service Worker') | ForEach{write-host Removing $_.Name; Remove-Item $_.FullName -Recurse -Force} Get-ChildItem "C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Teams\*" -directory | Where name -in ('previous') | ForEach{write-host Removing $_.Name; Remove-Item $_.FullName -Recurse -Force}
  15. I have asked them this question: "We don't normally publish this information. Please let me know what your salary expectations are and we will advise you." I don't get this. Make it easier for all that are involved and post your salary range.
  16. Couple of thoughts. Have you tried on a different ring / on a circuit that you know isn't at capacity? Could it be the spike in load that is causing it to trip? Does this happen when you dont plug the laptops in?
  17. Anther recommendation for Teams - it achieves whats needed. I'd imagine that you're already setup / using it.
  18. Definately sounds like feature updates are handled slightly differently than your regular updates
  19. Hi, I'd guess that this is because its a feature update. What current version is that PC on?
  20. I thought that you didnt need a licence to read historic data?
  21. Its all fairly hands off at this point. But in the past I have just added myself to a Team. Connect-MicrosoftTeams $staff = Get-ADUser -SearchBase "DC=Domain, DC=Lan" -filter {enabled -eq $true} | sort name$copyFROM = $staff | ogv -PassThru -Title FROM$copyTO = $staff | ogv -PassThru -Title TO $existingUser = get-team -User $copyFROM.UserPrincipalName -Archived $false $newTeam = $existingUser | sort DisplayName | ogv -PassThru$newTeam | %{ [indent]if($_.MailNickName -like "Section_*"){[/indent] [indent=2]$role = "Owner"[/indent] [indent]}else{[/indent] [indent=2]$role = "Member"[/indent] [indent]} [/indent] [indent]write-host adding user to $_.DisplayName as a $role [/indent] [indent]Add-TeamUser -GroupId $_.GroupID -User $copyTO.UserPrincipalName -Role $role[/indent] [indent]}[/indent] } The "Section_" is a dirty way of selecting SDS created Teams. Staff need to be an owner of those groups. Else they can just be members.
  22. Its been a while, but I went the VM route. I used the drivergroup to manage drivers - whilst using a VM, this provided a clean image. You can update the WIM directly using PowerShell. I went the capture route, I had a VM that had key software installed including office. I had a resume TS button on the desktop. Hitting that started off the Windows Updates and then the capture. Then its simple case of updating the TS and WDS with the generated WIM and boot file.
  23. There will likely be some properties that you can pass to the installer. Failing that, or if there are a lot of them, you can use Orca to create an MST file. Then pass that file to the TRANSFORMS parameter
×
×
  • Create New...