DaveTheTech
Members-
Posts
410 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DaveTheTech
-
Sounds as though it is creating an empty file. I would make sure that you can open up the folders and handBrake CLI as they are listed in your script.
-
I use Connect-MsolService Apparently AzureAD is the newer of the 2.
-
Here we bundle applications together. We have Maths, Classics, Teacher, Maths and A computer lab option - Is this what you are after? You could add another screen that has dropdowns to select a variable. But the above would be a much simpler option, and give the same outcome.
-
Does the script work as it should when triggered manually? Could change what the script is doing to simply open calc.exe. Does SYSTEM have rights to the login script?
-
If its just 3d rendering, couldnt you use a dedicated machine for that?
-
BBC bitesize videos
DaveTheTech replied to Chris_Cook's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I had to enable flash to run on the website in FF, there was no prompt. Just a red icon for some media on the page -
Room Booking System is used here, also use it for laptops, tablets etc.
-
We recently went through an large job of exporting our group poliies and importing them into another domain. I couldnt find an easy way of doing this - at least not for free. There was one tool, but they wanted a lot of money. I went through and recreated the polcies in a lab. Moving and merging them so that all the settings were where I wanted them. This meant that the title of the GPO was enough. Theres staff, pupil and technician policies. Computer ones ended up being broken down to specific tasks. Power settings for example. There is a description field in the policy.
-
I have taken a brief look at Chocolatey - is a bit more automated than how we do it at the moment with NetSupport
-
Papercut Follow me jobs don't actually print
DaveTheTech replied to Joko's topic in Enterprise Software
Check what paper type / size is expected. I find that if printer properties on the server dont align with those on the actual printer then when our users print mutlple copies they only get one. Is there anything in Papercut's logs? -
No worries. I had been meaning to sort ours since the start of summer, when we went from 1803 to 1903. I am certain theres a GPO for this, but I dont think we are running up to date ADMX files.
-
Im on 1909, this works with 1903 as well. Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative templates > Control Panel > Personalization Do not display the lock screen - Enabled (removed CAD mesage) Force a speicifc default lock screen image - Enabled (This points to a unc share, everyone has read and I found it works better with computers having read as well. I set it locksreen.jpg and rename when I want to change the picture) Prevent changing lock screen - Enabeld I also add a registry key to disable the acrylic effect. SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System DisableAcrylicBackgroundOnLogon REG_DWORD 1
-
As above but MDT Captured wim has office installed Browses and fonts + AV and DNA as a base option Then split into roles for other stuff.
-
Firefox - Sync bookmars?
DaveTheTech replied to william_tropico's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Could you change the entire profile location? -
Firefox - Sync bookmars?
DaveTheTech replied to william_tropico's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/customizing-firefox-using-group-policy-windows Appears that FF GPOs have come a significant way since I last looked. -
Search for using a mouse with Parkinsons disease - there were quite a few options. I took a look at https://www.steadymouse.com seems good. Demo on teh front page seems to smooth out jerky reactions. What about using a trackball instead?
-
PiXLApps - MSI Deployment & Default Install Directory
DaveTheTech replied to CHiLL's topic in Educational Software
Arthur, what does the exclamation mark do the quiet basic switch? -
Should we be expecting a new version of Windows anytime soon?
DaveTheTech replied to Phxantom16's topic in Windows
I remember reading a comment somewhere Windows as a Service. There hasnt been a new version of Windows for a long time. I think they'll drop the 10 from the name and just release 2 updates a year. -
Budget 2.4ghz wireless microphone systems
DaveTheTech replied to dgsmith's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
https://www.proaudiocentre.com/pa-live-sound/chord-hu6-n-6-way-neckband-uhf-system.html This is what we have. Works really well. -
Importing staff from the Universal security group to notepad or Excel
DaveTheTech replied to genesis's topic in Scripts
Powershell and use Get-ADGroupMember with the recursive switch Then pipe that to export-csv -
Send Recurring Emails?
DaveTheTech replied to Gongalong's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
What about scheduling a Powershell script, using send-mailmesage? -
Zulu desk - can you set overnight scheduled updates
DaveTheTech replied to Mimi-'s topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Have you looked into using a caching server? -
[ms office - 2016] Excel - Drop down list
DaveTheTech replied to Chuckster's topic in Office Software
I get this when adding a value that doesnt exist first. The line: Target.Value = Oldvalue & ", " & Newvalue is what needs changing. -
In a previous version of FileBrowser I setup a share on one iPad. With a user with appropriate permissions to a share and set it password. Then saved the settings to that share using FileBrowser. I would be very interested if this works with a shared iPad, as we havent been able to get this to work correctly - we are using JAMF though.
-
We have some old Lenovo ThinkCentre Q180s - easy to tuck away / tie wrap behind a tv. I created a local user that auto logs on. Who has a script, well two, running at boot. Checks for a newer Powepoint than the one that it is running. If its newer it copies it, kills powerpoint and stars the new slideshow. If the shared folder is emptied it copies across a default show. Definately could be made more elegant. But works OK for us.
