Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

bknaggs

Members
  • Posts

    465
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bknaggs

  1. Is it any better/different if you RDP rather than connect through the VM console?
  2. It certainly does and I didn't even realise I needed or wanted a silent install for Net2. Cheers.
  3. Any chance to install Office 2019 or 365 and try one of those?
  4. My Barclaycard cashback card works fine with Apple Pay as does my wife’s card on the same account. Barclays held out for ages as they wanted people to use B-Pay instead but that changed a while ago. What happens when you try and add your Barclaycard to Apple Pay?
  5. How are your VLANs set up? If the devices are on different VLANs then you'll need the connection server. Is the LanSchool service definitely running on the PCs that don't connect. Before we switched to SSDs I had some PCs where the service would time out and not start.
  6. How many iPads are you talking about? If it’s not loads or you’ve got plenty of time this might work. If you have an MDM that can assign an app licence to the user/Apple ID rather than the device then it should be installable through the purchased section of the App Store. Installing through the purchased section of the App Store will (should) install the latest version of the app that can run on the installed version of iOS. It’s a manual process that I don’t think can be automated in the same way as a device assigned licence can be but it’s worth a try. Meraki definitely used to be able to assign licenses in this way as it’s how I used to install apps before moving to Lightspeed ancc dc device assignable installations.
  7. Not that I know of. I changed my update group policy before laptops went off site.
  8. I changed the policy for any laptops going home to update direct from Microsoft instead of our WSUS server
  9. In the customisation tool there is an option to automatically activate when using a MAK so I’d guess there is a similar option for KMS. The MAK option defaults to off
  10. Can you export the information out of the software to make it accessible in a better way or has your license already expired?
  11. Any reason why you can’t just use the legacy software itself?
  12. Does it make any difference if the user sets up a Remote App Connection in the Control Panel or installs the Remote Desktop store app and configures a web feed in there? Any VPN that could be used to bypass the gateway as a test?
  13. Check they are using the latest version of the Remote Desktop client from the app store. If they are still using version 8 it won't connect these days and I think the error is something like you're seeing. Is it any different if they setup the app with the webfeed rather than logging in and downloading an RDP file?
  14. What sort of budget are you looking at?
  15. I had to update our firewall with the ports listed in that Smoothwall article for WhatsApp to work properly.
  16. I've been using Amazon Basics cables for years and not had any problems. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Lightning-Cable-iPhone-iPad/dp/B07DC4RZPY
  17. bknaggs

    Ipad supplier

    We use MCC based in Warrington. I'm not sure how much extra the setup would be per device but they'll definitely do it. https://www.mccdigital.com/
  18. Are you doing any https inspection on a web filter/firewall without deploying the required certificate onto the iPads?
  19. Which Exchange/Outlook combination are you running? This is something that has been affecting people here for about six weeks that I've not managed to spot a pattern to yet.
  20. It doesn't look like there is an option to do it. I thought one exporting a report for a previous deployment would at least give you a report of which PCs were successful and which failed but here I just get a list of the deployments that have taken place which is pretty useless.
  21. I think that's a kit to accompany the camera. The camera is normally towards the £500 mark.
  22. I download my Chrome MSIs from here https://cloud.google.com/chrome-enterprise/browser/download/
  23. What are they like with that? I'm about a year away from it (joined in January on an 18 month contract) but had varying degrees of success in the past with different providers.
  24. Which version of Adobe Reader? I'm on 2017.011.30142 here and havent seen any problems with it.
  25. I was able to get 32bit Windows 7 to upgrade to 32bit Windows 10 on my 2007 MacBook. It's not officially supported but it works.
×
×
  • Create New...