bknaggs
Members-
Posts
465 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by bknaggs
-
The new .Net Core 3.1 or v5 or v6 rather than 3.5 or 4? https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet
-
Salamander - Student Accounts
bknaggs replied to bknaggs's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Thanks both of you @RLR and @pete I've asked Salamander to make the change to Applicant - Accepted which is what we use internally for other things. I just wanted confirmation it could be done before I started regretting getting Salamander setup. -
I've logged this as a support request with Salamander but thought I'd ask how others who have Salamander installed do it. When are your student AD accounts created? Is it when they change from Applicant to Pupil in SIMS or before then? We've got a few students starting today who are still Applicants in SIMS and our admissions team doesn't change that until they have turned up. Salamander obviously isn't seeing them yet so I'm guessing the accounts will appear overnight. Does anyone with Salamander get their student accounts setup at an earlier stage?
-
Odd behaviour from new home SKY fibre system
bknaggs replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I had big enough DHCP problems with Sky and their router that I ended up putting a Pi running a DHCP server in place. Check if your devices are picking up correct IP addresses. -
iOS Mail app and reply-to behaviour
bknaggs replied to jthompson's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
If you tap on the from name twice you get to the contact screen where there are two options to start a new mail. I can't see anyway of replying to the from address without deleting the reply to address and entering the other address. -
iOS Mail app and reply-to behaviour
bknaggs replied to jthompson's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
I've just done a test from Outlook and changed the direct replies to option to a different email address which my phone has picked up when I pressed reply. -
They stopped supporting 365 on Server 2012R2 in the last year or so and it is blocked installing there so I imagine it will be blocked from installing on 2021 LTSC.
-
We've just got underway at 12:15 after being ready to go at 9. Did anyone else try using the web version and get prompted to download and install the Surpass Viewer?
-
Once the policy kicks in the users have 60 minutes to choose a passcode. Once the 60 minutes is up the passcode message can't be dismissed and the only option is to set a passcode.
-
I think moving your iPads and printers to different VLANS is really your only option.
-
We've found here if you go full screen in PowerPoint before turning on the hdmi connected screen the signal is lost when exiting PowerPoint. If you go full screen in PowerPoint after the screen is turned on it's all fine. Haven't found a solution yet and have been looking for five years. I've just resigned myself to regular emails to all staff reminding them not to launch PowerPoint full screen before switching everything on.
-
Group Policy Software Installation - Chrome error
bknaggs replied to Koldov's topic in Windows Server 2012
There’s a bug in Google Update. According to the Chromium tracker it should be sorted/rolled back this week. -
We've had lots of issues with Powerpoint disabling digital secondary displays if a ppt is made full screen before the screen is switched on. When the slide show is exited it kills the output to the screen. It doesn't happen over a VGA connection and it doesn't happen if the screen is switched on before the ppt is made full screen. Something to check perhaps before you start buying/changing bits of kit.
- 13 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- epson projector
- hdmi
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Apps server here.
-
BBC iPlayer detecting us as outside the UK
bknaggs replied to TriggerHappyUK's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We're behind a proxy (Smoothwall) and we can access BBC services OK. Your IP address is being detected by the BBC as not being in the UK and that is the problem not that you're using a proxy. -
iPad pro - recommended apps for an IT manager
bknaggs replied to jblackburnHWGA's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
-
iPad pro - recommended apps for an IT manager
bknaggs replied to jblackburnHWGA's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
iSH - gives you a decent Linux shell -
Have you got any that haven’t been re-imaged yet?
-
One of the options for a 365 deplyoment is to uninstall any msi deployments so this should be in the options for a 2019 deployment as well.
- 3 replies
-
- office 2016
- office 2019
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
You might want to remove your first screenshot.
-
Foldr (App) by Intune, has anyone successfully deployed it?
bknaggs replied to AvaFX's topic in Cloud Services
I’ve deployed the msi using gpo without any problems. We’ve already got the runtime installed so that isn’t a problem for us. Agreed on how good the Foldr support folks are. -
Did you do an in place update from your 2008R2 server? I did this when moving from 2008R2 to 2012R2 and it broke the activation (I think) of the license server. Avid were able to sort it though.
-
Yes it does. Get your users first Once they are showing you can open the Bulk Modify screen (to the left of the export options) where the Other tab gives you access to the Attributes.
-
If you don't want to script it... https://wisedataman.com/bulkadusers
