Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

clockend25

Members
  • Posts

    795
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by clockend25

  1. There are some classes here I wouldn't enter without some plastic explosives and a supply of smoke grenades.
  2. 8.1 here is currently only used by myself, the technician, and...... the Principal.
  3. clockend25

    WINDOWS XP

    We moved to 7 in summer 2013, having started migrating teacher laptops over from about a year out.
  4. Same as most, all new machines as of about 18 months ago have SSDs. We bought a load of Sandisk 64GB drives initially which we used to upgrade a suite of ageing Optiplex units and to stick in some staff laptops and admin machines, and that's been a success. I did grab a few Kingston V300s as well to upgrade some more staff laptops last year as well and we haven't had any issues as of yet.
  5. Don't have any MR32s but have been running a Meraki wifi setup here for sixth months and been very impressed with the performance, as well as the ease of management.
  6. We started using Papercut in August 2011.
  7. Now snowing heavily.
  8. This particular market town has not yet seen snow. I'm off tomorrow so don't really care either way.
  9. I think he means the profile path is specified in the GPO. We have the same setup here.
  10. All teachers and TAs are issued laptops, and we have a VPN setup for remote access. In terms of the teaching rooms almost all have Casio LED projectors and most now have Promethean IWBs.
  11. Just had our first Thinbooks and very impressed so far. Didn't have them skinned as they were for staff, but if we grab any for student use it would be a no brainer. All of the designs I've seen look top notch.
  12. 1.7GB ....
  13. Registration (08:50 - 09:10) Period 1 (09:10 - 10:00) Period 2 (10:00 - 10:50) Break (10:50 - 11:10) Period 3 (11:10 - 12:00) Period 4 (12:00 - 12:50) Lunch (12:50 - 13:40) Period 5 (13:40 - 14:30) Period 6 (14:30 - 15:20) We changed over to this from September.
  14. We're a big user and have been for a number of years, racking up all sorts of awards for number of hours on the system etc. Our staff like it, our students put the hours in, and senior management wax lyrical about the effect it's had on results, particularly in certain subject areas where they've had a big push. Me, I like it because the Data Manager is responsible for administering the accounts.
  15. Sounds like there's something strange in your neighbourhood.
  16. 33 points here that went in last summer and we haven't had any issues with the APs as of yet. All MR18s and 26s.
  17. Use one at work but not at home.
  18. We discussed it at one point, but it's very hard to come up with a coherent plan of action given the scope of what you could be facing. A lot of the discussions descended into farce as the 'what ifs' got more crazy. There was one particular H&S meeting that I remember in which it was brought up that we should train certain members of staff to tackle armed intruders.
  19. I used an Access template for ours. Slightly modified over time, but does the job.
  20. Hope not as we bought 15 last summer.
  21. Poor judged thread IMO. Doesn't come across particularly well even before taking into account Capita's own practices.
  22. There was an issue with BBC content immediately after we moved to the hosted solution, but that was sorted fairly quickly and there haven't been any similar issues since. What are you experiencing?
  23. Drones and segways. I mean, there has been talk of sorting out some centralised storage, improving our remote access systems for staff/students, and upgrading to a 10GB backbone, but mostly it's just drones and segways.
  24. I'd love to have teacher PCs instead of laptops. I cry sometimes thinking about it.
×
×
  • Create New...