Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

clockend25

Members
  • Posts

    795
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by clockend25

  1. Is there an additional module to purchase for Impero that does this? The built-in policies just seem to generate violations without any real way of having these generate reports.
  2. Dirrrrrrrty Leeds.
  3. I've got a suite of their AIO units which are four years old and still going strong; I think I logged a couple of warranty calls in the first year but the past three nothing. They've been superb. Have noticed a change when dealing with Stone in the last couple of years though. Account managers seem to cycle through at an alarming rate, and we've had a few occasions where trying to get them to quote on projects has turned into a shambles on their part, including some comical internal communications, or lack of.
  4. Yeah done that but it's not having it. Most of the time with these things if I leave it a while and return for a fresh look I'll find a resolution.
  5. Implemented this but it only seems to wipe out the connections to the shares on the file server where the files are detected, as opposed to all of them. I'll have a look at it again later.
  6. Yep, that's the only real issue I see with that is going on. People are tripping over themselves to get a piece of this. Worth noting however that he's received little to no support from his local community, and is having to move to another school, which is pretty sad. Hopefully he'll benefit from all of this in the long run.
  7. Ours just use a separate Spiceworks installation. Just needs a bit of adjustment in terms of categories but otherwise it works fine.
  8. I suppose he should be thankful that his skin is not any darker, or he'd have probably been shot on the spot.
  9. You've enabled users for remote access in AD?
  10. We have a couple of Ricoh devices I'd love to roll off the edge of a cliff.
  11. Been buying the slim Casio units for years now and they've been a revelation. Budgeted for around 18 replacements monitors for next year before the pricing for the Core was announced so was chuffed when I saw their pricepoint.
  12. Bits and bobs. Installing a new server and switch at the infant school we support. Also sticking in two new IWBs. I'm going to try and sync AD and 365, having used the latter for three years. No idea if this is possible without bricking the accounts and starting again, but I'll give it a go. Moving to x64 across our curriculum machines. Rolling out Chrome to curriculum clients. Sorting out our Pupil Wifi SSID to allow better reporting of use. The addresses Meraki assigns are causing issues currently. Prepping 20 Win 8 tablets our SEN department have purchased. Sorting out RemoteApp to allow students to access certain programs from home through HAP New POE switch going into one of our main cabs Environment monitor going into the server room The rest is the usual: server maintenance, updates, staff/student leavers/starters, office moves, and admin stuff.
  13. We had eight nicked last summer, though there were some unique circumstances at the time that meant we were more vulnerable. They clearly just swung on the things until they came loose, and so mounts and ceilings were ripped down in the process.
  14. It's our sports day and I've managed to rig four large speakers up down on the astro turf, so if you're wondering what that noise is, it's probably us blasting out crimes against music at ridiculous volume.
  15. Patch appeared on SOLUS this morning.
  16. If I was looking now it would be for a pretty standard i3/4GB/120GB SSD spec, with an i5/8GB option for the couple of suites that are used by Media Studies and engineering. I couldn't envisage needing anything chunkier than that, and I focus more on the robustness of the units and the standard of support on offer.
  17. Hopefully Moeen can get a few runs this morning to turn this into a proper score. Otherwise I can see the Aussies going well beyond it and then the pressure will really come on.
  18. "...injuring dozens, who were then FAILED by the NHS."
  19. I had 7.164.23 on Tuesday, followed by 7.164.21 yesterday.
  20. I've spent most of the day in the server room as the office is ridiculous. It looked at one point like we might get a storm to pop the humidity a bit, but no such luck.
  21. We have a main twitter account that is primarily managed by the principal, and then separate accounts for different faculties etc, which can then be funelled through the main one as we see fit. Our social media presence pretty much lay dormant until the new principal started about a year ago. We've gained about 650 followers in a year and it's now at the forefront of our attempts to promote the Academy.
  22. Within each user's folder.
  23. I suppose the BTP are quiet now the football season's finished.
  24. Hunt down and delete desktop.ini. Better, use FSRM to delete all instances of that file.
×
×
  • Create New...