Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mullet_man

Members
  • Posts

    2,035
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mullet_man

  1. I upgraded ours a few months back and went really smoothly, no major issues. Maybe make sure you’ve updated the OS and DPM from MS update online before trying the upgrade again?
  2. That's great thanks Arthur.
  3. Ah ok I’ll try that, just need to google how you do it as I’ve never done that before.
  4. That's interesting, we are mostly Windows 10 now still got some really old netbooks on W7 that can't run W10 very well so are staying on W7. I might take a look at enabling it if it's already built in. Local profiles are slow but the issues we had with roaming means I'd take a hit on login speed.
  5. Have you got it working at all? I might try a 2012r2 machine or 1607 one?
  6. I've just ran into this bug. Happens on Windows 2016 too. Does it still work if I edit the GPO using a 1607 machine?
  7. What make and model are they PCs? Pretty sure it’s a driver issue, have you tried getting the exact NIC driver from the manufacturers website?
  8. Sorry to hijack this thread but does using UE-V help with login times? Is it easy to deploy? We use local profiles and folder redirection, so win 10 machines are pretty slow to login so anything that will speed up the process am happy to try.
  9. Totally agree but it's looking highly unlikely login times will improve, am still on a lot of oldish kit without SSDs and login times are painful at best.
  10. Sorry to dig this up but am deploying out RDS on W2016 and trying to get the start menu setup. Now on W10 I've had issues which I've managed to sort, but this doing my head in. I create a start menu and export it which has tiles in 2 columns - see below. but every time it defaults to 1 column - see below Any ideas? I've to my XML but it makes no difference and always defaults to 1 column. Am guessing it's a 2016 quirk and might have to live with it? Cheers.
  11. OK. So after finally getting updates to install via SCCM am running into an error where staff laptops even though my Endpoint policy has Microsoft Update defined won't update online. Turns out you need to opt into Microsoft Update https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2832355/updating-the-anti-malware-definitions-in-fep-or-scep-fails-with-error Why do MS make everything so confusing and difficult. Is there an easy way to get the laptops to opt into to Microsoft Update?
  12. After a few days of fighting it looks like clients are picking up the endpoint definitions. I don't like the fact that if you click update it doesn't actual check for updates on demand.
  13. Turns out you can't use a Server 2016 WSUS for SUP on a 2012 r2 server running SCCM. This is where I've been having trouble getting updates to sync etc. I've installed WSUS on my sccm server now and all the updates are syncing now, just haven't seen clients pick up any updates as yet.
  14. Thanks, I just need to work out why my Endpoint brings up that -2147023728 error then now.
  15. Thanks @sparkeh I bet your right but I've seen ones from online and it seems to only show one. Unless the default one can be renamed and that's how they've got one to show? Trying to push my updates out via SCCM but finding it a bit of pain to get setup.
  16. Hi all, I've deployed out a SCEP policy to my devices but when I check the client device it seems to show both the Default Client Antimalware Policy as well as my policy I've defined. Also if I go to update definitions I get the following error The logs seem to show its checking WU online to get the updates even though I've got ConfigMgr to deploy my definitions. any ideas, not sure if this is a Windows 10 1703 thing? Does anyone else policy show two defined? When I've googled others only seem to have one? You can't deploy out the default so not sure why it should show up? Cheers.
  17. Sorry yeah it is straightforward just a few clicks of next and away it goes. The interface is exactly the same too.
  18. No major issues, if you've got old servers like me you'll need to ensure Windows Management Framework is installed. I also had an issue with the old database was deactivated but DPM was trying to back it up.
  19. It's a good question, am not sure I guess a lot of our apps have been added on since imaging so get added to SCCM. Am still not sure what the best method of imaging is. Thin/Fat? Apps during deployment? Apps via SCCM? Who knows, mine is a mix of fat and apps via SCCM. We have CS6 full suite which takes an age to install so it's part of our image rather than it getting installed each time.
  20. Thanks Stephen I'll check that out. Ah ok I'll look out for that too. Cheers Stevo!
  21. Ah ok! But am using WSUS from another server?
  22. Has anyone setup SCCM + WSUS on a 2016 server? Am trying to set it up but am struggling Getting System.Security.SecurityException: Request for principal permission failed.~~ at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy.CreateUpdateServer(Object[] args)~~ at Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.WSUS.WSUSServer.ConnectToWSUSServer(String ServerName, Boolean UseSSL, Int32 PortNumber)~~The Zone of the assembly that failed was:~~MyComputer $$<06-26-2017 15:03:57.197-60> Remote configuration failed on WSUS Server.~ $$<06-26-2017 15:03:57.220-60> SCCM server has rights on the WSUS server?!
  23. I did run that but it still took a lot longer than 5 mins. It all seems fine now, not sure if the latest update had caused the issue or not.
  24. It seems I wasn't waiting long enough, the re-imaged machines seem to have picked up the applications now. Just seemed to have taken a lot longer than normal.
×
×
  • Create New...