Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mullet_man

Members
  • Posts

    2,035
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mullet_man

  1. Did you get to the bottom of this? I ran the latest Hotfix on our SCCM and now machines am re-imaging are not picking up deployments. Hmmmm once I get a few mins I'll check some logs and take a closer look.
  2. How are you installing the SCCM client after you've reimaged? Is it actually installed?
  3. Just installed and tested on a couple of PCs. I've totally not read back through previous messages so am sorry about that, but can we install on over 150 clients but only the first 150 that connect will work? Is that how it will work? We've got more than 150 teacher laptops but doubt 150 teacher laptops will be on at any one time.
  4. I've got the email with license details, many thanks. I haven't deployed DNA yet but am planning to use DNA and Notify on the same server am guessing there is no issues with this? Cheers.
  5. Have you still not got your issue sorted? There is a contact form on their website, I just filled that in and got a reply same day. They deleted the old activation on the old server so I can re register on the new one. All pretty painless in the end. Still doesn't work straight through the app so had to use the use another internet connection option.
  6. Thanks, they got back in touch same day via the case I opened online. I can't complain at that really!
  7. I've managed to log a support case online, lets see if this gets anywhere. There phone system just seems to be looping around at the minute. I'll give them a few days before I try and ring agan.
  8. Am in the process of *trying* to move our Sibelius 7 license server to a new 2016 server from 2008r2. For some reason it won't deactivate via the program. I've been trying to ring them but the phone just rings out a few times and then does nothing. Then other options are asking for a support ID code or something which I don't have. I just need them to de-activate at their end so I can re-actactive on the new server. Shocking service. Wish me luck in trying to get somewhere this week!
  9. Just signed up, we already use Netsupport and have just signed up for DNA too. Thanks
  10. Am going to look into blocking file types also, not noticed a major difference with upping the spam filter as yet. Might up it 1 more. Thanks.
  11. For student devices am going to reimage them, but Staff devices will be updated using sccm task sequence. Although am trying to best come up with a way to deploy it out for all staff with laptops and for them to find a specific time to sit and wait an hour or so for their laptops to be upgraded. Anyway else rolled out OS upgrades to the staff in the wild? Staff hate restarting to finish windows updates so for them to do a whole OS update will be fun.
  12. Am using the default operating system upgrade task sequence in SCCM. Tested a few 1511 to 1607 which wasn't great as it reenabled bitlocker before it finished doing to the upgrade. Also tested 1511 and 1607 to 1703 and they've mostly gone smoothly. Bitlocker issue has been fixed. Am finding it takes about an hour with our laptops although I've never actually timed one to know the exact time.
  13. Thanks kirbster, ours was set on 7 which was the default? Anyway I've moved ours down to five as a test. Let's see what happens. Thanks
  14. Where abouts is the setting? Always is more than likely set on the default setting but just recently we have been bombarded with a lot of spam emails a lot are going into the spam folder a lot are getting straight through to the inbox. Would be interested to see if changing this setting will help?
  15. What version are you using? 1607? There is a known bug in 1607 and WSUS, this could be the issue?
  16. I've deployed a few 1703 machines and not noticed any issues at all really. The lock screen is still broke but not a major issue and would assume it will get fixed in an update.
  17. Has anyone contacted Cunninghams? Am not sure what version our revals/tills are? Think they are Win 7?
  18. It's on the latest firmware as far as I can see, it's not in use so doesn't really cause any issues I just use it to dump stuff on that I don't really need but keep a backup of just in case.
  19. I tell a lie disabling SMBv1 has broken me being able to access our NAS box.
  20. This might be useful for some. Configuration Manager and Custom Reports for Configuration Manager: WannaCry Patch Compliance Report Use SCCM to report compliance of patches for Wannacry.
  21. PaperCut is also scanning for us. So far I've not seen an issue with disabling smbv1.
  22. I've got one and on it's firmware it mentions SMB but no version to choose. My PC now has SMBv1 disabled and I can still access it so am guessing it's SMBv2.
  23. So far disabling smbv1 hasn't done any obvious damage. Time will tell.
×
×
  • Create New...