-
Posts
2,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mullet_man
-
Hi all, Has anyone experienced any issues with SIMS as a remoteapp? Am finding that after logging in SIMS loads but minimised. Sometimes clicking the icon in the taskbar brings SIMS on but not always is it usable you have to double click the application bar for it to go full screen and then the app then becomes usable. The shortcut is pointing to pulsar.exe and not SIMSload. Other remote apps seem to load fine. Any ideas? thanks.
-
I'll have a look and see if it works for our hardware. Cheers.
-
Mine has a lot of tech - including Mac laptop and a standard Windows laptop. I've gone past the point of caring about the extra £'s - if that's what they want just let them. Do you have Citrix or RDS they could use to access SIMS etc?
-
We're on 17.0.5 and I can't see that feature listed under devices, so guessing I need to get PaperCut upgraded.
-
That sounds a great feature, always been a problem and you end up finding out staff reprint at another machine and the once the toner gets replaced their printing comes out and is just binned. Do you know what version that is in? We’re on an early v17 and don’t recall seeing that option.
-
Ah yes the old head teacher must have a MacBook quandary [emoji849]
-
[1709, fcu] Date Released for Fall Creators Update
mullet_man replied to DJ-1701's topic in Windows 10
As we don't use SSD's yet all the HDDs are big enough and our image is pretty small so we just leave them. You can set GPs to delete them after so many days of non use but due to Win 10 being pretty slow logging in we've took this off so anyone who manages to get a device they've logged into before will get logged in a lot quicker. We re-image every few years so this then clears the devices. -
We've got 2 virtual DC's and with an old bit of tin created a third DC which sits in a different cab in another area of the school.
- 11 replies
-
- file server
- hyper-v
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
[1709, fcu] Date Released for Fall Creators Update
mullet_man replied to DJ-1701's topic in Windows 10
Unfortunately we are still on non-ssd drives so logging in does take some time, so shaving off a few seconds would be welcome. -
[1709, fcu] Date Released for Fall Creators Update
mullet_man replied to DJ-1701's topic in Windows 10
Be interested to know if it's any speedy logging in, that's my only grip with W10. We rolled it out over the summer to most student devices which can just about handle it and it's been really stable compared with 7. It's just the logging in which takes the time. -
[ms office - 2016] Deploying Office 365 vs Office 2016
mullet_man replied to disk's topic in Office Software
https://sysadminedu.wordpress.com/2017/01/07/step-by-step-guide-to-deploying-office-365-pro-plus-with-device-based-activation-with-sccm/ This is the guide am using but am confused at the section of logging in a student and registering the licenses? Has anyone who has got this working let me know who the name ends up being on who O365 is registered to? Does it appear as the same user on every machine? Or does it register for each person who logs in? -
[ms office - 2016] Deploying Office 365 vs Office 2016
mullet_man replied to disk's topic in Office Software
I followed some instructions and it didn't work unless I was going wrong somewhere? Which guide was you using? -
[ms office - 2016] Deploying Office 365 vs Office 2016
mullet_man replied to disk's topic in Office Software
This is what we have in terms of licensing on our tenant. Am under the assumption that the O365 version has all the latest features and is updated monthly, where as Professional version isn't updated with new features. And some point the professional version will stop working with O365 accounts, not sure how true that is. -
[ms office - 2016] Deploying Office 365 vs Office 2016
mullet_man replied to disk's topic in Office Software
More than likely no doubt, will double check everything tomorrow but doesn’t sound promising. Am only at the testing phase and not in a position to role it out, so it’s something I guess I’ve got time to wait on. -
Have you checked the event log? It should give you reason why the printer isn’t mapping. The only time we’ve had issues with Papercut really is when staff bring their laptops back in from home and they haven’t logged in at school allowing the GP to tell the application to run at login. I’ve had the issue where the wrong account appears a few times and no idea how that happens but a reboot of the device sorts it. I would suspect the Papercut app not running and the no mapped printer are separate issues. Thinking on I did have an issue where the Papercut client would break when we’ve done an upgrade, leaving the client half installed.
-
Pearson onscreen platform installation woes
mullet_man replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Educational Software
Thanks Dave. I think it will go OK. We’ve reimaged the IT PCs over the summer so I’ll need to re-point the software back at the invigilator PC so am slightly wary. I return you luck for when you’ve got an exam scheduled [emoji106] -
[ms office - 2016] Deploying Office 365 vs Office 2016
mullet_man replied to disk's topic in Office Software
Is student advantage different than Office ProPlus for Student/faculty licenses? We’ve had them on for a few years now. -
[ms office - 2016] Deploying Office 365 vs Office 2016
mullet_man replied to disk's topic in Office Software
So I need to add it, online? Or I need to ask MS to add it? -
Pearson onscreen platform installation woes
mullet_man replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Educational Software
We have an exam scheduled on Wednesday. Wish me luck. -
[ms office - 2016] Deploying Office 365 vs Office 2016
mullet_man replied to disk's topic in Office Software
We’ve got both 365 for staff and students but can’t see anything relating to Education Pro Plus?! Am I missing something, do I need to contact our reseller or MS themselves? -
[ms office - 2016] Deploying Office 365 vs Office 2016
mullet_man replied to disk's topic in Office Software
Am trying to find out this. We’ve got Office Pro Plus and Office 365 Pro Plus but not education Pro Plus? Where do I get this from then? -
I was in exactly the same situation DCUK6 this summer and turns out you just need to do a GPupdate /force Log user out then back in and documents folder should point to new file server. Fortunately I’ve only had this effect a handful of users but was rather confusing at the time as no matter how many restarts or log offs I did it didn’t fix it. The gpupdate force sorted it.
-
Hi, We've replaced our projectors over the summer, and I've set the Auto Off setting on all the projectors down to 10mins, although am finding the projectors are not turning off after 10 mins of no input. What seems to be happening is the projector goes to a dull blue screen after showing the no input detected screen for a few mins and will just sit there. Not the best solution really. Anyone familiar with Hitachi projectors know where am going wrong? Our old Epson ones turned off fine. Cheers
