Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mullet_man

Members
  • Posts

    2,035
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mullet_man

  1. You've got to download it with the Office Deployment Tool Am just trying to work out how to do it myself, if anyone has an XML file that would be appreciated!
  2. I can't see a 2019 KMS key in VLSC? Is it a key we need to request? I can the 2019 MAK key.
  3. We replaced an Meru system over the summer and haven't had any issues at all. Looking into combining a few SSIDS at some point using radius to pass to the relevant vlan, currently using radius but with different Ssids
  4. I've got everyone set to read on the NTFS permissions Maybe shorten your path a bit - seems a bit long which might be an issue. I've found that if you've got an error anywhere in your shortcuts it totally messes up the whole start menu.
  5. I just edit the XML to change the path of the shortcut to our redirected location So thats a snipit of ours, it works fine.
  6. I'd be happy with 10x slower than that gif! Fingers crossed it helps us with slower non SSDs.
  7. Very interested to see if this actually works? Knowing Microsoft there will be a snag at some point, only working with Azure springs to mind.
  8. Might look at doing this in the summer, thanks!
  9. Does that work? Didn’t work for me when I tried it! Must have been doing it wrong haha
  10. .website files just don't work in the xml, you'll need to be creative and use the shortcut to IExplorer.exe "somewebsite.com" command so it is an .lnk file. That's how I do it anyway and it works fine.
  11. It’s not profile related to different versions as we don’t have the profile path here. Plus students are all 1703 here. I did see this happen first hand today, a pupil brought me a laptop which didn’t have a printer mapped (seemed to have happened a lot today for some reason) so I logged them off to ask them to log back in to see if the printer mapped, i didn’t even get that far as logging back in just went to a black screen. No idea what’s happening
  12. We have NetSupport and have this issue. Seems to a feature like you say!
  13. I use this one. I have it part of my OSD for students https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mniehaus/2015/11/11/removing-windows-10-in-box-apps-during-a-task-sequence/ Worked on all versions of Windows I've deployed so 1703. 1709 and now 1803. If you run it once and let it populate the XML file it will pull out all apps, then for future deployments you can adjust the XML file if you want to keep any apps. We pull everything out but have had issues with photos not opening so I've tried to get the old photo viewer back working.
  14. Am having this issue with Windows 1703 but we use NetSupport, it's not happening very often and if I restart the PC and get the same kid to log back in it logs in fine. All local profiles I should add.
  15. Thanks Steve! I'll have a look now.
  16. Is the external doable in O365? Really like that idea, might steal it and suggest we do it here :-) haha
  17. http://www.acer.com/sccm/ Possibly? Not showing on my mobile though.
  18. I just removed the adm files - seems to have sorted it.
  19. Yeah that’s what I thinking, are they printing lots of documents? Check the logs and narrow the PC, printer used and times you should be able to find out who’s taking liberties from that information?
  20. Thanks Arthur. Am using Johan Arwidmark's store disable script as part of MDT. Am thinking when it goes out looking for Windows updates it's then pulling down the language pack. https://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/615/Fixing-why-Sysprep-fails-in-Windows-10-due-to-Windows-Store-updates Am not sure if I can point it at WSUS if am using configmgr for updates? does that work?
  21. Anyone created a reference image with MDT as yet? Am getting Local Language Pack which is auto installing and breaking sysprep.
  22. Does the upgrade keep all the removed apps removed? Or does it bring them back? I knew they were bringing that in at some point but not sure if it every happened? Once I get the ISO of 1803 I'll give it a test. Will try and remember to report back here if it's any quicker with logon times too.
  23. Is that with or without any apps removed? 1803 in theory will become our student image - as we are currently on 1703 so will look to upgrade over the summer. Am hoping it shaves a few seconds off, we are on non-ssd devices so logging in times can be an issue, so every second counts I guess.
  24. Ah ok thanks - I needed to weigh up if we are patching in both ports but obviously this isn’t the case then. Luckily as a new build we have double high level sockets in every classroom.
  25. Yep this is how we do it. I need to work out if the latest update 1803 as an upgrade will keep the removed apps. Or as I use a configmgr task sequence for upgrades I could use the script again after the upgrade has completed to remove the apps again actually I would think we would need to do this as I guess 1803 will introduce some new apps that no one ever uses.
×
×
  • Create New...