-
Posts
2,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mullet_man
-
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3087759/how-to-create-and-manage-the-central-store-for-group-policy-administra This link might help
-
Are you putting the newly updated ADMX files in the correct location They need to go \\domain\SYSVOL\domain\policies\PolicyDefinitions You need to put the revelant adml files in the eng-us folder as well. These are the language files.
-
Hi we went for the AC-PROs + 3 of the external ones, I wasn't part of the costing but it was pretty cheap. We used a third party to install and help with the setup of the system.
-
Another vote for Unifi. Moved to it in the summer. No issues and iOS devices happily connect, previously we had an old Meru system that iOS devices just struggled to connect to.
-
This has been around for a bit with OneDrive, you can use Group Policy to set it up to warn your users it will start protecting their folders. Am going to roll this out to all of teachers (laptops) as lots save stuff on their desktops which isn't backed up. I just need to adjust my current group policy as if you have an redirections set on the folders you plan to save to OneDrive it just doesn't work. You can also get Onedrive to auto sign in, auto redirect the folders and move all the current content over, but am going to do it slowly to make sure we don't lose any data. Ideally they expand it and OneDrive will backup the whole user folder, and maybe settings as well which would be great for when staff get replacement laptops in the future for example.
-
Not actually sure, just saw a tweet. I might test this release and see what happens.
-
Possibly. That's something to look at in the future for us but we're not ready yet.
-
Another bug https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4471218/mapped-network-drives-don-t-work-in-windows-10-version-1809 Am holding off on this release for at least the next few cumulative updates.
-
Microsoft releases Office 2019 for Windows and Mac
mullet_man replied to Zoom7000's topic in Office Software
My issue was I didn't have access to the section on VLSC I do now but haven't activated the HUP. It mentions the number of staff we've set on our agreement so does this mean the offer is only open to staff and not students? Does it have a limit on activations as per the number on our agreement? -
Although I've had issues with Dell's in the past E5520/30 hinge issues but other than that they are robust and now one E5550s and E5570s and they seem decent and after a few issues with docks ironed have last quite well these last few years under the pressure of daily use by teachers [emoji23]
-
They Shall Not Grow Old - Schools DVD - Won't Play
mullet_man replied to FragglePete's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Does this mean it won't play on a laptop/pc for example? -
WordShark - SCCM deployment not working
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Educational Software
Ah well spotted Dave, I wondered why it would install fine under a user context but then bum out when installing under sccm. This makes totally sense now. Hopefully @mr_wordshark sees this and can make the changes on the install notes. I'll make the change on my SCCM and shared folder at some point this week. Thanks -
They Shall Not Grow Old - Schools DVD - Won't Play
mullet_man replied to FragglePete's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
We got a copy of it too and I couldn't get it working on the two PCs I tried. It recognised it was a DVD but just wouldn't play it. -
I have SCCM\Apps\Vendor\Title\Version\Architecture But I've never encountered an issue with file path limits. You should create collections for the labs in SCCM and the deploy the apps to collections, that's how I do it anyway. You can create query based collections so anything with TECH in the computer names will get tech apps deployed to them. Am no master at sccm but once you got the basic collections and apps in your good to go and if you reimage anything with the same name the apps just redeploy
-
Microsoft releases Office 2019 for Windows and Mac
mullet_man replied to Zoom7000's topic in Office Software
You need to activate HUP in VLSC it seems, but when I try VLSC - Software Assurance - Home Use Program I just get an error. Might check again tomorrow. -
Microsoft releases Office 2019 for Windows and Mac
mullet_man replied to Zoom7000's topic in Office Software
I could have just read the information that was on the ? mark. "Some organizations require employees to use a program code to validate their HUP eligibility. You must get this code from your organization. If you do not know this code, please contact your organization's benefits administrator for assistance." -
Microsoft releases Office 2019 for Windows and Mac
mullet_man replied to Zoom7000's topic in Office Software
-
Microsoft releases Office 2019 for Windows and Mac
mullet_man replied to Zoom7000's topic in Office Software
Where do we know if we are eligible for this? It asks for my program code? It would be nice to offer this to staff, as obviously the ProPlus licences we currently offer are only good if you are working at the school, once you leave you've lost Office. -
Yeah at some point I can see us moving to a cloud based system as with all services at some point, so when that time comes I would suspect backup internet lines would be the norm just in case. Since we moved to Zen our internet has been rock solid.
-
I know internet connections are a lot more reliable nowadays but what happens if your internet goes down, or the company hosting have issues? Is it just a risk you take? nothing can be 100% risk free.
-
[ms office - 2019] Anyone had any luck with Office 2019?
mullet_man replied to Davida1992's topic in Office Software
Details here https://docs.microsoft.com/DeployOffice/configuration-options-for-the-office-2016-deployment-tool#language-element Maybe use match OS and fall back of en-us -
[ms office - 2019] Anyone had any luck with Office 2019?
mullet_man replied to Davida1992's topic in Office Software
I've found it takes hours to download, left it overnight in the end. I think it's en-us you need don't think there is an GB version. I might be wrong though -
I've learned not to jump in with any new release of Windows 10, remember having issues with 1607 iirc and WSUS. Best thing is to wait a month before deploying out to anyone other than a few test machines. Normally install on my work PC to test my In place upgrade on SCCM but didn't even manage to the ISO off VLSC before it was pulled all think I'll wait for the updated ISO to come out.
-
Very brave if you ask me!
-
[ms office - 2016] Office 365 Click to Run: Device based activation
mullet_man replied to KevinB's topic in Office Software
I emailed [email protected] Got the address from on here, you'll need your agreement number. I got an email back saying they are added my domain into there list and it takes a few days to complete.
