-
Posts
2,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mullet_man
-
[ms office - 2016] Office 365 Click to Run: Device based activation
mullet_man replied to KevinB's topic in Office Software
If the users still have to be licensed then what's the point in DBA? Doesn't it defeat the object? I thought it was meant to allow non licensed users to use O365? Its all very confusing! -
[ms office - o365] Office 365 - Shared Activation Issues
mullet_man replied to CHiLL's topic in Office Software
Am seeing this too, but I don't have the A1 Plus licenses assigned but the user but office 365 works fines and doesn't not activate. The about office section doesn't even mention the product being activated or belonging to a user. I have seen if I log in with a user who's UPN is not @school.sch.uk office doesn't work and says product is unlicensed. This makes me thing Office365 activates for the users domain. Did you ever contact MS about Office 365? -
We are installing in all our classrooms HP universal USB-C docks, they seem decent enough. People who all ready have USB-C docks how do they hold up? Am slightly worried teachers will break either the lead or the port on the HP laptops. They work with some of our Dell's that have USB-C and come with a normal usb converter so can be connected to non usb C ports.
-
Thanks - I tried it this way and it did seem to try and install but then seemed to rollback. If I replace the .\img with my \\server\share$\autodesk\ it seems to work fine! Thanks for your help!
-
I've got a few of the Philips ones, you can also add the Ikea bulbs to the Philips hub which is nice as they are a bit cheaper.
-
Hi all, Does anyone know how best to deploy Revit with SCCM? Do I use the setup.exe and a command line or create a deployment via the setup.exe and then use the setup.exe that comes from that deployment share? This way seems to want to copy all the files to a network share, which now am typing I assume would be the best option and maybe create a batch file that SCCM uses to pull the files from the share rather than to download them to every machine individually and run the setup locally? Thanks!
-
Could someone create an MSI Installer for new Scratch3 Desktop please?
mullet_man replied to SimpleSi's topic in Windows
I suspect it is but haven't tested, am going to install via sccm using the new version. -
Thanks! So if OneDrive has files on demand off and I synced a SharePoint library it wouldnt download the whole documents?
-
Could someone create an MSI Installer for new Scratch3 Desktop please?
mullet_man replied to SimpleSi's topic in Windows
I've just downloaded the latest installer 3.5.0 and it looks like they've finally added a All Users option in the installer. 3.4.0 didn't have this. It looks like the /allusers switch works, but can't seem to find a silent one, tried /S /Silent Anyone have any ideas? -
Sorry to ask this here but it's slightly relevant, if you setup automatic sync of SharePoint does it download the whole sites documents? We use OneDrive here and are just getting started with SharePoint so can see us replacing network drives but don't want the whole drive downloading to laptops, ideally it would use files on demand for SharePoint?
-
[sims] Deploying SIMS - Is it still best practice to use SOLUS?
mullet_man replied to Sam_Brown's topic in MIS Systems
We only use solus for updating Sims/FMS etc. Client deployment is done via SCCM. We just use /s on the simsinst exe. Works fine for us. -
Troubleshooting Speaker buzz/Amp? Anything else to try?
mullet_man replied to Duranis's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Thanks, I might get one in and test it to make sure it works. -
Troubleshooting Speaker buzz/Amp? Anything else to try?
mullet_man replied to Duranis's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Thanks I'll have a look, we've got a lot of classrooms so would need quite a few. Cheers -
Troubleshooting Speaker buzz/Amp? Anything else to try?
mullet_man replied to Duranis's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Sorry to hijack this thread, this summer we are replacing all our teacher laptops, original set up were Dell E-Docks which connect to a wall amp most are Vision Amps. We had no major buzzing issues but we are moving to HP laptops with a USB C dock and the speakers buzz when connected to the dock when not connected to the laptop, connect to the laptop and the buzz goes away. Any ideas? -
Could someone create an MSI Installer for new Scratch3 Desktop please?
mullet_man replied to SimpleSi's topic in Windows
I'd be very grateful for one, planning on deploying this out over the summer. Thanks! -
Could someone create an MSI Installer for new Scratch3 Desktop please?
mullet_man replied to SimpleSi's topic in Windows
Does anyone have a link to the latest version? Doing some reimaging and would like to deploy the very latest version. -
Office Pro Plus OVS-ES Edu on kids home computers
mullet_man replied to ictgoodpractice's topic in Licensing Questions
Yes we use OneDrive. If I installed at school it would try to SSO but on devices outside of school I can install office and activate it and then sign out of office but office is still activated. -
Office Pro Plus OVS-ES Edu on kids home computers
mullet_man replied to ictgoodpractice's topic in Licensing Questions
I've managed to activate o365 to my school account but sign out of my OneDrive so it's not linked to office. So it can be done that you can install office and not link it to access your school data as it were. Although technically I think the purpose of the ProPlus 5 devices licenses is that the user can 'work" on personal devices. -
Office Pro Plus OVS-ES Edu on kids home computers
mullet_man replied to ictgoodpractice's topic in Licensing Questions
We do this too, not had any problems with it so far. We just stress the apps will only work for as long as the user is a pupil or works at the school. -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
We are currently set Europe but UK for Sharepoint. -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
This is why it's so confusing with Microsoft and there overly complicated licensing. Like I've said I've got A1 Plus licenses on my tennat, they are not assigned to anyone but when my users login to Office 365 it activates and works fine. This doesn't take away from the 5 installs you get with the Office 365 ProPlus entitlement. I haven't as mentioned try to login to 10 different machines to see if am greeted with a big computer says no error. This is why am wary how my users are licensed and working with Office 365. Ben just said our domain was added to the their list. -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
CHiLL said he is using shared computer activation and that's the issue he's facing, am not sure what the limit is on activations but would be interested to know. Am going to hold off installing for students as they have the potential to log on lots of devices a day, which adds up to a lot over a week. Although it would seem roaming the activation token might fix this. -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
I haven't no, do you know what the limit. I wasn't planning on rolling it out for students because of this, my plan was just for staff as they have their own laptop it's 1 to 1 so shouldn't run into this problem in theory. If I remember correctly you can roam the token license token, that might fix your problem with students? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/overview-of-shared-computer-activation-for-office-365-proplus -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
When I emailed Ben he replied to say they have added our domain to there list, now what's strange is Office 365 just works, you sign in and it becomes licensed. If I look at our licenses I haven't assigned any A1 Plus licenses to any users but it just works. Am assuming it goes off our domain name? Am still a bit wary that one day they will delete our domain from there servers and everyone won't be able to use Office. I've rolled out Office 365 to our new staff laptops so if it goes wrong I'll know pretty soon! haha! -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
Sorry yeah I forgot to mention in addition to having a valid volume agreement. When Ben did reply back he asked for our volume license agreement number.
