-
Posts
2,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mullet_man
-
Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser that will replace Edge
mullet_man replied to Arthur's topic in IT News
Have you restricted sign in to your O365 accounts? I know when I was testing it wanted to sync the local AD account. Could that be your issue? There is a GP to restrict to only certain email patterns for example -
Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser that will replace Edge
mullet_man replied to Arthur's topic in IT News
V86 has the sync policy which you can set to force on, it works I tested on a laptop today and the sign in page popped up for a second went away and auto signed me in. I need to check that the staff who haven't turned sync on, now have it switched on as the GP is now set to force it on. -
We noticed this today, am guessing it's a Microsoft issue and should be fixed by tomorrow I bet. Just a bit frustrating as I had a few calls about it today.
-
Has anyone had a child break a laptop screen yet? Am wondering what's the repair procedure? A child has brought a Lenovo laptop back to school and said it's not working turned it on yesterday and it's got a big crack in the screen.
-
I've edited the registry and it's looking good so far, cheers @Koldov
-
This looks promising, I'll try it tomorrow and report back. Thanks for that! Appreciate it. - - - Updated - - - No sorry if you change the association it changes to the XML handler but doesn't do anything!
-
I've tried that and it doesn't do anything, it changes the file icon to the new Office logo as I've pointed it at Office XML Handler.
-
Hi, Am having a nightmare with one member of staff who has somehow changed their XML file association to open files into Dreamweaver. I just can't find a way to reset them back to the Office default so a excel xml opens in Excel and Word one in Word etc. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried exporting the file associations XML on a working PC and importing and it still wants to open in Dreamweaver. It's very annoying and I really want to avoid re-creating their profile!
-
I try to do as part of Windows 10 servicing or if the laptop needs a reimage. Need to get teacher laptops upgraded to 1909 so will be adding in a step upgrade the BIOS as part of that upgrade.
-
We are getting our PDFs from 4Matrix, am not sure on the names of the files but it should be easy to command dir > files.txt to get a list of all the file names.
-
We are also posting the results out, the email is going to be a here are your results until the post man delivers your official paperwork from school.
-
I've found the link above to request the local admin passwords, are they pretty quick to respond?
-
Am now getting requests about installing office, who do I request the admin password from?
-
What model Dell are you using? Do they have the E Dock connector on the bottom? I've got loads of these if they are of use? Free to a good home I'd have to see how many but maybe got 30
-
I've mentioned this that they need contacting to ask them to log on and make sure they know their password. No doubt most will wait to the morning of results day!! Looks like we are going to just mail merge with no attachments so makes it a lot easier rather than needing to script something. If anyone makes and shares a script though I'll take a look as I bet it might change
-
Does anyone know the procedure to send back a faulty laptop (Toshiba ones), it's one of the looked after children one, council said to check the packaging of the laptop! Helpful as there's nothing there.
-
I've heard rumblings we are planning on emailing results out this year so will no doubt need to advise and ultimately help do this, we don't have InTouch so can't use that. How easy is scripting this? The email would need to have some personalisation on it to each person I would guess? We would need a folder with all files in? Pupil1.pdf Pupil2.pdf Etc Can we easily attach more than 1 file if needed? Can we CC in the other parent? Do the PDFs need to be secure? Going to be quite a challenge this I think?!
-
MS Teams - Weekly Parental/Guardian Digest Email
mullet_man replied to stebo730's topic in Cloud Services
I changed a parent's email address in SIMS to mine so I received the email, it came Sunday morning. So far we are the very start of using the assignments feature but as more staff assign them the more beneficial the email about what stuff the kid has and hasn't done will be. -
Is there a reason they haven't come with the full O365 suite rather than just links to the online version?
-
MS Teams - Weekly Parental/Guardian Digest Email
mullet_man replied to stebo730's topic in Cloud Services
Thank you titch, appreciate you letting me know. -
MS Teams - Weekly Parental/Guardian Digest Email
mullet_man replied to stebo730's topic in Cloud Services
We are just about to get this enabled now we are getting classes setup via SDS. Can someone who has this in place answer these questions? Who does it email? 1 parent or both? When does the email get sent? Thanks -
I've managed get a little further I can see chats, but I need to see what was posted to a channel in a team. I'll take a closer look tomorrow to see if am over looking that. Thanks
-
I've had a request to find out what a pupil has posted to some Teams (been deleted since) is this possible to find? Am really struggling to access via e discovery?
-
I like the sound of this, but I haven’t tested if OneDrive can work with the random old software we have, could be a good excuse to get rid of them though. It does sound like we won’t be fully open come September in the traditional sense so a move to OD and Teams sounds interesting. Food for thought.
-
Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser that will replace Edge
mullet_man replied to Arthur's topic in IT News
That's my plan for the new year, roll out for staff and when we an enable sync to roll out for students.
