-
Posts
2,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mullet_man
-
@meadowgirl - same it breaks scanning to homedrive am glad it's not just us, I haven't found a fix as yet no but I have changed a few things which so far seems to be working. Made sure all PaperCut services are using the PaperCut user - originally we only had this set to the Application Server service and not all. Changed the sync time to be later in the night rather than midnight - now set to 5am. I haven't been able to nail down the reason why it breaks, does everything come back up and working if you restart your PaperCut service or server? it does for us. Cheers.
-
Thanks Dawn. I'll contact Equinox and see if they can help. I'll try a driver too but think it's a hardware fault myself but it's worth a try. Cheers.
-
You can change the time of the sync, which I've done to later in the night rather than bang on midnight which is similar time to Salamander run.
-
Sync is still working currently. I need to try and work out when it breaks. It seems to go after a few days.
-
Hi @DynabookDawn, Sorry to hijack this thread but I've got a few issues am not sure if it's possibly to sort. They are Dynabook E10 model. Are the keyboards all one piece part of the top cover? I've got a few laptops where keys have been pulled off and I don't have any parts to replace them. Are replacement keys/keyboards available? I also have one where the trackpad seems to have failed, I would suspect it's now out of it's 1 year warranty though.
-
What time does the sync happen overnight? Could it be clashing with Salamander for example?
-
Ours is looking at 11 OU's and no groups Do you think that might be the issue? Does it matter that for example the group that failed isn't part of the OU that is being synced?
-
This has been happening for a good few months now so not related to Jan updates. It could well be our AD or even the PaperCut server but I can't pinpoint the issue.
-
It's 1116932, I've just replied to the email now with a bit of this log file as per @Steve21 Thanks.
-
Offsite Web Filtering - DfE devices - Costs
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Thanks Marc - I might be in touch when I know more. -
If you mean nested then now. Latest version I think (to fix those Java bugs) but this issue has been happening a while across various versions.
-
2022-02-03 10:46:56 Get AD Object: LDAP://DOMAIN.net/CN=USER123,OU=2017 Intake,OU=Students,OU=All Restricted Users,OU=Users,OU=SCHOOL,DC=DOMAIN,DC=net 2022-02-03 10:46:56 LoadUserFromLDAPObject Start: CardIDField = ,EmailAddressField = ,SecCardIDField = ,SecUserNameField = ,UserPinField = 2022-02-03 10:46:56 Unable to get property: physicalDeliveryOfficeName. Err: -2147463155 - The directory property cannot be found in the cache. Hi @Steve21 This error seems to appear in the log for all 300 users in that group. It's a Salamander made group.
-
Sorry I've not explained myself very well, yes that's the error you get when you click Sync users in PaperCut. Like I say it's really random as if I restart the server it will sync fine but then stop syncing a few days later.
-
Offsite Web Filtering - DfE devices - Costs
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Thanks Lee - If I need I'll give you a shout thank you. -
Has anyone ever had issue's with PaperCut not syncing, it's a strange problem because if I restart the service or the server it will sync fine and stay working for a day or two but then it will drop off and give these errors. The error seems to show different groups showing the problem so I think that is not the problem. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues? I've got a job open with PaperCut but they seem to be suggesting it's a issue at our end. The PaperCut service account has access to read AD. Error in web page User directory encountered ERROR running command 'C:\Program Files\PaperCut MF\server\bin\win\UserDirAD.exe enabled-users-only| group-members Y11Students. User directory command returned status -2147217865. Error in server.log 2022-01-24 09:55:15 Error occurred in ListUsersInGroup: -2147217865 - Error performing AD query: An operations error occurred. 2022-01-24 09:55:15 Error occurred: Error finding group members (-2147217865): Error performing AD query: An operations error occurred. (-2147217865) Error occurred: Error finding group members (-2147217865): Error performing AD query: An operations error occurred. Cheers
-
Offsite Web Filtering - DfE devices - Costs
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Thanks everyone. Smoothwall was free during the lockdowns so looks like we missed the boat on that. -
Offsite Web Filtering - DfE devices - Costs
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We do have Smoothwall is that an additional cost though? - - - Updated - - - Thanks is that per month or per year? -
We've only had a couple of broken ports, but had more broken lead ends. - - - Updated - - - My advice would be to find docks that allow you to replace the USB-C lead, our ones are soldiered into the dock so if the lead goes the dock goes.
-
Do you have the redirect documents path correct in your GP? The error seems to suggest the path doesn't exist? Do the users have correct permissions to their home drives?
- 1 reply
-
- folder redirection
- local profiles
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Legend! Thank you. That's done it. I did a search but didn't find that post.
-
Does anyone know to turn off the pop up on first run The "Your Privacy Matters" pop up, I found something on Reddit it but it doesn't seem to have got rid of it. Any ideas?
-
Is this a recent issue? Had logins been OK previously? If you think it might be wireless related, have you tried disabling the wireless and wiring the laptops in and seeing if you get faster logins?
-
Looks like January windows updates are causing all sorts of issues..
mullet_man replied to Jcx500's topic in Windows
Third DC updated fine, as have HV servers. Phew. Am guessing Microsoft were confident this wasn't a 2016 issue even though some people's posts on Reddit seem to suggest it was. -
https://www.littlegreenbutton.com/ I remember this got mentioned on here a while I think, we did trial it and it did what we needed. You install the app on machines around the building and it then can alert all those machines by pressing a green button on the screen. Am pretty sure you can purchase a physical button too.
