Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mullet_man

Members
  • Posts

    2,035
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mullet_man

  1. No problems here, I haven't had chance to test the AP which was causing me issues to see if it's any better. If I get chance soon I'll reply back here.
  2. Thanks I might try this latest firmware update before trying the older one.
  3. This is interesting am seeing similar issues but it only seems to happen in one area when our staff are in training. We are AC-PROs. Am not sure if it's the amount of devices, I've been sat in the same area connected to this one AP am seeing the trouble with and I would lose connection and the odd time when I manage to reconnect I'd be on our staff wireless VLAN but would be shown our internet guest login page like the AP has connected me to the guest vlan. Where would I get older firmware?
  4. Snap..
  5. Well done on finally getting shut of them, we finally ditched most of our 5520 and 5530s over the summer still got a few but kept a some back as spares for when the hinges go. Hopefully have rid of all by end of the school year. They've been awful!
  6. Might have to look at an alterative no where seems to have those HP ones in stock anywhere, am not sure if it's due to the chip shortage or they are discontinuing them?
  7. Hi Jack - Could you check stock levels? Fast running out of docks just had one where it looks like some one has tried to push the lead into meat grinder or something. Thanks.
  8. Yep so after investigating my issue seems to be with some staff laptops that are still on 1809, it's a nightmare getting them back from staff to update. Not being able to print will mean they will have to bring their laptop in for an update.
  9. Although am currently stuck on 100% "Working on updates"
  10. Our 2016 printer has installed the September Cumulative update KB5005573 last night and I've come into chaos this morning most people can't print but some can. Am uninstalling the KB now, google seems to suggest that's the fix. I've got all the settings set as suggested so not sure what the issue is. Hold off installing the Sept KBs if you haven't already applied them to your print servers.
  11. Thank you Michael that's working for me now, really appreciate that. Cheers.
  12. I've not even had chance to look into this as yet, it's on my radar but trying to get other jobs sorted first, had a busy summer as usual. Will try and give this thread a full read later this week.
  13. Hi, We've just had Smoothwall installed last week so am really new but we had a similar issue but we had some users showing up as users rather than IPs. Make sure the agent is installed on all DCs we only had it on one DC originally. We also had a bit of a battle getting everything setup at the start and changed the IP address of the Smoothwall box but the agent was originally setup on the original incorrect IP. They might be worth checking out? Also it might be worth speaking with your account manager to try and speed up support.
  14. Ah ok I tested this remotely on a device and it seemed to work with just the heic and heic video extension but I'll check again tomorrow and on a pupil login. Am using 20H2 currently.
  15. Thanks for this, last year we had photography classes and lots of pupils took photos on their iPhones and could never get them opened. This will help greatly. Cheers.
  16. Am not sure it wouldn't be many but due to teachers moving every lesson this school year we've got a few broken ones and used my spares, I'd need say 5 to keep me going for next year. In no rush for them currently. Thanks
  17. I've used our external remote.school SSL certificate currently. All seems to be working, and then changed the DNS record to point to the new server address internally. Externally works fine as it using the Azure proxy app connector.
  18. Hi I just followed the standard Microsoft one https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/app-proxy/application-proxy-integrate-with-remote-desktop-services The gotchas to look out for are This only works if you use the HTML5 Web Client, if you try and use the normal RDweb and run the .rdp file it will fail with the firewall error we've mentioned. It's a hit we are going to have to take to secure our remote server. If you get stuck let me know as I've recently done this so might be able to help. I created a new RDS server as you don't need to any extra firewall/dns changes with the proxy app.
  19. Can you source the HP USB-C Universal Docking Station just out of interest?
  20. Sorry being doing some testing and found If I follow Parveen Singh's guide of adding RDS and the Gateway as separate proxy apps we can get past the firewall error, but it seems there is nothing stopping someone saving the .RDP file and running it and bypassing MFA for future logins. So this isn't an option. Ref https://parveensingh.com/publish-rds-environment-with-azure-ad-application-proxy/ If you use IE you can run the .RDP file, not useful as IE is no longer used. In the end we are just going to use the web client, it's not great but it ticks the box to use MFA and in the current climate that is a must.
  21. Yeah how to get Azure P1 licenses for students? I only have the ones I've purchased based on our FTE count. Obviously I've messed up somewhere!
  22. Thanks. Am guessing I haven't ordered correctly as I've ordered enough for our FTE count but not sure how we then get the additional for our students?
  23. So as I see it we will lose the ability to use mstsc to connect to devices? You'd have to login to a desktop session and then remote from within that? We made good use of mstsc for our admin staff to remote on their PCs during lockdown. We don't use the html web client currently.
  24. That's exactly where I got up to before I gave up. My issue was I was working on our prod RDS server so I had to roll back the changes. Am going to spin up a new RDS server and break that. I stupidly thought I'd get it working easily following the MS guides which make it sound really easy.
  25. Yeah we have too, have you got Azure app working with that?
×
×
  • Create New...