-
Posts
2,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mullet_man
-
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
I emailed Ben a while back and didn't get a reply but it looks like you got a reply and he doesn't do that job anymore or something?! Have you logged a call within your admin section of Office 365 portal as Ben suggests? We buy the office Pro plus licences which cost nothing, I believe it's based on you having these licenses on your tenant before they will add your domain to the A1 pro licenses. It's still very confusing the licensing of Microsoft products . If you log a call and get a reply, let us know here if it helps any future people etc. -
I use SCCM and check for the version number of the sims.net exe, it's only updated a few times a year so I just change it when we update. Seems to work fine. The deployment is only really used when doing a image of a laptop/PC, as we use SIMSload to check for a new version the devices mostly update that way before SCCM has a chance to check for a new version.
-
SIMSinst.exe /s works OK for me without any of the other data or switches you have. This way doesn't seem to install Acrobat which is a bonus too.
-
[ms office - o365] Shared Computer Activation
mullet_man replied to Gongalong's topic in Office Software
The office apps just log in without any issues normally, the only time I've had a problem was with some legacy staff having the wrong domain on there AD account. OneDrive signs in automatically which is good too, we are going to push Office 365 and OneDrive next year so hopefully SSO will help. -
[ms office - o365] Shared Computer Activation
mullet_man replied to Gongalong's topic in Office Software
We use IAMCloud. (just done down a few mins ago so people are struggling to sign into anything office related!) -
[ms office - o365] Shared Computer Activation
mullet_man replied to Gongalong's topic in Office Software
I use SCA for my new deployments so got about 20 staff using it on laptops/PCs, never had any issues so far. We are replacing staff laptops over summer so everyone will have this setup so hope it continues to give us no problems. We do have SSO so everything does seem to just work. -
Anyone else get the strange email about RS?
mullet_man replied to pete's topic in Data Protection & Information Handling
Am guessing so yeah, am trying to figure out if we received the science one earlier in the year. -
Anyone else get the strange email about RS?
mullet_man replied to pete's topic in Data Protection & Information Handling
We received this yesterday, I was alerted to it after the teacher had replied. Am not sure what the end game is of this one?! -
I only have these set on the computer policy and it works for me. Have you got the tenant ID correct? Prompt users to move Windows known folders to OneDrive Enabled Silently move Windows known folders to OneDrive Enabled Show notification to users after folders have been redirected: Yes Silently sign in users to the OneDrive sync client with their Windows credentials Enabled
-
We fell foul of this, past papers for mocks were printed and they looked perfect if you skimmed the paper but when you looked closer formulas were missing on maths papers. That was fun because obviously we got called to take a look and worked out if you print in Chrome it doesn't print properly but using Acrobat everything prints fine. This got noticed after hundreds of papers were printed and the kids were sitting doing their mocks with missing maths formulas and equations ! ha!
-
Do you have any existing policies in place as Rob asks? Also is it happening on all machines you login to? Trying moving the computer into a different OU that doesn't have any policies set?
-
I've added this to my TS for OSD, does the app then update as normal like it did per user?
-
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
Hahahaha I should :-) 3 day weekend too! Thanks! -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
Ah OK I now seem to have Office 365 A1 Plus for Faculty licenses showing. Which I guess is a step in the right direction?! -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
Yep I didn't do that doh! I'll have another go with a unlicenced user! -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
When I got to sign up via the self-service link it says I already have a Office 365 Education license. I haven't had a reply back to my email to the O365 team, anyone know if it normally takes a few days? Been a week now. -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
Thanks I'll take a look at that link. I've emailed MS so hopefully will get some more information, I opted for shared device but I know most of our staff laptops are one user but sometimes it happens where others log on them. Am wary to deploy this out to student devices because of that reason of running into activation limits. Was going to stick with Office 2019 for pupil devices but O365 for staff. I'll see what MS say when they get back and go from there. -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
I've emailed Ben, I need confirmation everything is in place and working before I deploy out O365. -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
Although doing a bit of Googling, if I use powershell and connect to our O365 and run Get-MsolAccountSku I can see are have these licenses STANDARDWOFFPACK_FACULTY STANDARDWOFFPACK_STUDENT STANDARDWOFFPACK_IW_STUDENT Which seem to relate to Office 365 Education which I think are what A1 Plus has been renamed too? Am so confused?!?! -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
Hi smarties11 Thanks for the reply, here is my license list I can see A1 Plus for Students but not faculty (random) I might email Ben back to see if we can add Facutly too then. We do have SSO and users are being signed in automatically, I thought that might be the case that they are using one of the 5 ProPlus licenses but if I check my number it hasn't taken off one of the installs and doesn't list my work PC. I set the shared computer activation in my XML, I tried device based a while back and couldn't get it working - before I contact MS to get the licenses added. Am just worried if I deploy out to staff at some point Office will stop working -
Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty licences missing!
mullet_man replied to CommodoreS's topic in Cloud Services
When I emailed it was Ben Dylla who emailed me back and he said he'd added our domain onto there list for A1 Plus Licenses. He just asked for our volume licensing agreement number to check we had bought Office licenses I guess. My question is, where do I find out I've actually got A1 Plus Licenses? I can't see them listed anywhere? If I deploy out Office 365 instead of Professional it all works fine for the small group of users, no one gets asked to sign up or activate it just works. I just want to make sure before I deploy out to all staff that I am actually covered! -
Yeah it creates a massive amount of groups in your directory we also have every class and form group setup too
-
Yep we have this implemented via Salamander. "Teachers of Joe Bloggs" are the naming convention we use. Salamander is an amazing bit of software it's very cheap for what it does as well. Is it still about 1k a year?
-
This looks like an interesting way of getting rid of apps! https://dyctl.com/2019/04/12/removing-built-in-apps-using-configuration-items/ https://twitter.com/Amar_R_/status/1120767598273150976 I normally remove apps during OSD via a task seqence but I notice that it must miss apps as sometimes the computers still have some installed. This in theory would get rid of them all and keep them gone!
