-
Posts
2,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mullet_man
-
Am finding this works fine on Windows 10. Locks the screen after 10 mins, and goes straight to lock screen. You don't need to specify a screensaver.
-
Thanks! Am sure they will make it the norm at some point soon.
-
I haven't seen this as yet, but like you we direct people to use Adobe. We had it on older versions of Win 10 but newer ones seem to be a bit better. We've been caught out by people printing and not having the app running, as it now sends to the copier but you need to choose the correct account. I haven't sent out the updated app to our staff as yet as had some issues in the past with upgrading but once I've tested I'll deploy it.
-
Does anyone know if the new version of Windows 19H1 will make OneDrive per machine install the standard? Am planning on using this version for our new laptops we are getting but hoping the change will be made by Microsoft so I don't need to do anything with SCCM.
-
We're on 19.0.2 and not seeing the high CPU issue? Been watching for a few mins now and doesn't seem to go above 20%? What version of server are you guys on? We're on 2016.
-
WDS with MDT. Litetouchx64.wim hangs loading files
mullet_man replied to petben's topic in Windows Server 2016
Am not sure to be honest, is that happening on just one PC have you tried others? Do you have a backup of your older WIM that you used before you regenerated the new one? Am not sure if I've tried to reimage some of our older BIOS devices since that WU, I'll have to check when am back in next week! -
WDS with MDT. Litetouchx64.wim hangs loading files
mullet_man replied to petben's topic in Windows Server 2016
Glad you got it sorted [emoji106] -
WDS with MDT. Litetouchx64.wim hangs loading files
mullet_man replied to petben's topic in Windows Server 2016
Yes if you get the error about hardware changes after it's loaded the LiteTouch WIM then am 99% sure it's related to this. The different KBs are relating to 2012r2 and 2016 and this affected both I think. -
WDS with MDT. Litetouchx64.wim hangs loading files
mullet_man replied to petben's topic in Windows Server 2016
Do you get an error after the loading bar? MS recently broke WDS with a Windows update, the fix is in the link. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/46e30b31-590e-47b4-b123-faf3776cfe74/windows-update-kb4489882-broke-wds-and-mdt?forum=mdt -
Yeah am following there KB and downloading there last client version that works with 32bit, version 18.3.8 I think. Am just doing some testing and it looks like it's something going wrong with the way am upgrading the old clients via SCCM, if I remove and re-install it works fine. If I let SCCM upgrade to the latest version it's breaking something. I mean if all else fails I can just leave them on 18.1 which is the version installed. My 64bit machines are all working fine so it's something relating to 32bit.
-
Unfortunately I've still got some crappy 32bit machines I've followed the KB and downloaded the latest version compatable on from the PaperCut website but am getting a client cannot be started error. Not sure what's happening. Just a heads up if anyone else needs to still use 32bit just to check before deploying out.
-
Hi Chrisbf1, I think I created a thread on this exact issue a while back and I've never found a fix, tried many things to get it working but never did. If you do find a fix I'd welcome you posting back here. Staff have never really complained here but i guess most run the full virtual desktop so it always runs fine in that. Stevo
-
You've got to use the download in this link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/per-machine-installation https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2083517 - direct link to the download. Cheers.
-
Yeah you've got to use that with GPO with extreme caution
-
Am guessing you implement the GPO to delete old profiles after so many days?!
-
I think only 1607 was bad for us, that was terrible with Window updates if I remember correctly. Any others I've used have been decent enough.
-
Can you not set the default to Files On Demand so it doesn't download the whole file?
-
Yeah, I think that's a good shout to add that. If I read the info correctly once it is installed via all users it will still update automatically as it does currently. It would be good if future Windows default to this so I can ditch pushing it via SCCM.
-
Good stuff
-
How big are your SSDs? We are finally replacing staff laptops soon and are going M2 chips which will be 250GB I believe. Hopefully they are big enough!
-
I added it as an application, and when prompted I chose manually specify the application information and then manually specify the deployment type information so it looks like this My detection method was a bit crude but I just checked for OneDrive exe file existing in the new Program Files location So like this There is probably a much better way to detect it's installed fully, but this worked for me.
-
Surley?! hahahah
-
I've created a 1809 image and only rolled it out to a few machines, think am waiting for 19H1 to be my next image to roll out and upgrade people too.
-
Hopefully they are planning on releasing 1903?
-
Just to confirm I've managed to install via SCCM silently using the following command OneDriveSetup.exe /allusers /silent You need to grab the client exe from the link below. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/per-machine-installation One thing I did notice was the application didn't run after it had finishing installing, although it did when I did it manually on my PC as a test. It's something to look out for if you mass deploying it out, maybe force a restart to be sure.
