-
Posts
2,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mullet_man
-
Thanks - I’ll have a look when I’ve got a spare few mins!
-
Still waiting on a reply to my logged support call. To be honest I’ve not chased them up as a few busy days got in the way. Going to chase them next week.
-
We don't have On Prem exchange but a quick google shows Outlook 2016 must have auto discovery enabled and it looks like from your screenshot it's trying to manually setup the mailbox. https://kb.intermedia.net/article/20784 Manual setup doesn't work it seems
-
I’ve got a massive amount of similar Toshiba netbooks that have the same processor and have been upped to 2GB. I tried an SSD in them once and there was not even a difference in speed. We’ve still got W7 on them and they are painfully slow. How do we make a slim version of W7?
-
Thanks. I've received an email now to confirm my ticket is in the system but nothing as yet. I'll give it till early next week and then try the twitter or just ring and stay on hold method. Thanks again. Stevo.
-
Doh! Just seen this after logging a call via there website and not holding out much hope of getting a response any time soon now, we have a fairly new Liberian who wants to use the system a more efficiently than we currently are and setup sending emails for late books etc. Might as well throw this out incase anyone knows I've noticed there is an MLS importer app which I can change what syncs with sims and I've ticked to allow email addresses to sync is this all I'll need to do? Does it sync overnight? Our borrowers aren't AD linked, I would suspect they will need to be? For this to work? Hopefully my call gets picked up at some point soon!!
-
Did you use the Office Scrub scripts? https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/odsupport/2011/04/08/how-to-obtain-and-use-offscrub-to-automate-the-uninstallation-of-office-products/
-
Ah right so will be why, if I get five tomorrow I’ll see if I can get this implemented. Thanks Squelch.
-
Is there anything special I need to do with this scheduled task? I've got it set the same as you and set to wake the computer from sleep but doesn't seem to work. Am testing again now just in case I've messed something up. I've got my script adjusted to put the computers to sleep which seems to be working OK.
-
OK I've added a new scheduled task and put my devices to sleep rather than shutdown each day. Will see what happens.
-
I haven't noticed it on OWA as I don't use it because it's pants but I have noticed OneNote online is terribly slow recently, could be connected?
-
Haha thanks for this Squelch, I've adjusted my power settings so they go to sleep rather than shut down so will have a look at that task to wake them tomorrow. I have a script that shuts down the devices, and am fairly sure I could set them to sleep rather than turn off.
-
New new plan - it doesn't wake laptops up. Am giving up!
-
OK new plan - looks like I can apply power settings in configmgr and setup a wakeup timer.
-
OK I've one so I can remove shutdown, sleep and restart. So they can only sign out, so just need to remove shutdown from the login screen - is that possible?
-
How have you removed the shutdown option from the start menu? Can't seem to find the GP?
-
Thanks am looking into changing the laptops to sleep rather than shutdown today, and then get them to wake up at a certain point in the night to apply updates. I'll keep you updated on my progress....
-
Thanks - will take a look at that approach. We use configmgr for updates but could schedule the maintenance windows to be at the same time so in theory updates would install. What happens if laptops are shutdown? They will get the update the next day if let on?
-
Hi Squelch, Am having issues with laptops and updates - how do you get them to boot up at 2am - via the BIOS settings? I might have a test with this approach. We are on old spinny HDs so Windows 10 updates can take a while to install.
-
Other than say Technology laptops that use certain modelling applications, a long battery life laptop that just runs Office and does internet browsing would be ideal as that's basically most of our needs met plus a lot of stuff is online now too.
-
SIMS - RemoteApp - Minimises on opening
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Windows Server 2016
Mine is set at 100% and has the issue. But am guessing hosted SIMS on 2012 is a different issue than SIMS on 2016? Who knows?! -
Very interested to see if these kind of chips would work in an education type environment. We’re still a big user of laptops so interested to see if they will run Windows 10 Education rather than S? And if the battery life is the same or it’s a Windows S only thing?
-
SIMS - RemoteApp - Minimises on opening
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Windows Server 2016
I can live with the dropping to the taskbar for the time being - the white text issue was a bigger issue. Hopefully future patches fix the taskbar issue. -
SIMS - RemoteApp - Minimises on opening
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Windows Server 2016
Seems to be working at home too which is good. Let me know if that works for you too!
