-
Posts
4,103 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Boredguy
-
4 post VGA splitter for hall ? with ground loop isolation
Boredguy replied to kennysarmy's topic in Hardware
We've used several of the 2 port splitters, but here is the 4 port version Insight -
Which SSL certificate company should I go for?
Boredguy replied to Dan_ATR's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We normally get ours from JANet via the SWGfL. Think it was about £50 for a 3 yr SSL certificate last time we ordered one, so depending who your ISP is thats another option, but the free 30 days ones is often a good starting point for the initial testing/setup -
We found a local electicial installation company that do fibre installation and they duely tested the run we had put in for them to terminate, so you might find someone like that in your area.
-
"Your Connection is not private" - Chromebooks
Boredguy replied to garethEds's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I get that message on andriod devices after I add the MitM certificate for our filtering solution =/ -
Faulty Projector Bulb (LampsDirect)
Boredguy replied to Achandler's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Where possible I don't get compatible bulbs unless the price is just too high (such as one for a Sanyo SE20 I ordered yesterday) The compatible ones we've had from other suppliers in the past either cracked the bulb like yours, or just were not the same brightness. Thankfully I'm very good at cleaning the insides of our Sanyo's and not had any major damage but it's a learning experiance =/ -
If you have a look at the CSV above, you will see that the first field is the Description. This matches the description field in MDT when you expand the Database\Computers node. In MDT when you click to Create a new record you will see that the description field is optional, as it uses any of the 4 Identiciation values (which for us is always MAC address) The values in our CSV are about the minimum we find are needed as we just deploy a single flat OS WIM file out and don't have any packages/roles for computers since we do that with WPKG
-
Well you can add them in via a CSV file and powershell if you don't want to manually type them in. For powershell, we had to get hold of MDTDB.psm1 which is the module that supports MDT. Here is our powershell Import-Module -name "D:\Scripts\MDTDB.psm1" Connect-MDTDatabase –sqlServer Blah –instance SQLEXPRESS –database MDT $machines = Import-Csv pcimport.csv For ($i=0; $i -lt $machines.count; $i++) { New-MDTComputer -macAddress $machines[$i].MacAddress -description $machines[$i].Description -settings @{ OSInstall='YES'; OSDComputerName=$machines[$i].OSDComputerName; xresolution=$machines[$i].xresolution; yresolution=$machines[$i].yresolution; MachineObjectOU=$machines[$i].MachineObjectOU; TaskSequenceID=$machines[$i].TaskSequenceID; DomainAdmin=$machines[$i].DomainAdmin; DomainAdminPassword=$machines[$i].DomainAdminPassword; JoinDomain=$machines[$i].JoinDomain } } and here is an example of our CSV file Description,UUID,MacAddress,Make,Model,OSDComputerName,MachineObjectOU,TaskSequenceID,xresolution,yresolution,DomainAdmin,DomainAdminPassword,JoinDomain AD-MR1,,D4:XX:D9:90:8D:50,,,AD-MR1,"OU=Misc,OU=Admin,OU=Windows 7 Stations,OU=Workstations,OU=Computers,OU=Custom,DC=School,DC=internal",WIN7ENT32,1024,768,SetupAccount,Password,SchoolDomain
-
VeryPC STOCKtober 2016 - A month of prizes and fun from VeryPC
Boredguy replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Too late @DJ-1701, I went crazy years ago -
When I set up our Guest/BYoD SSID's, I used a dedicated DNS/DHCP server so was able to set a cname value in that DNS for our authentication page.
-
Also watching Lucifer for the past week or so and nearing the end of Season 1. Quite a funny show really. Gold Rush (Season 7) also started this week so I've a few months of watching lots of dirt get moved around
-
I never know either so no mystery there!
-
Yes it is, and we're working all week (unless he sneaked in a holiday request form that I didn't notice)
-
Well just checked on one of our iPads, and it knows it's in the London time zone, and if I manually select a new time then turn automatic time back on it instantly updates. Whether or not it's picking up the ntp from the net or our local domain is harder to check since they are currently on our domain SSID (I really should get round to moving them off now that Impero isn't on them)
-
Must get round to playing Highrise again, only played it the launch weekend and now they added in the vending machine... humm maybe something to do later while waiting for BT to initialise the new BB at home....
-
Some of the novels for Atlantis actually tried to tie up some of the loose ends from the end of the TV series, and they aren't too bad.... not that I have them on my Kindle or anything *whistle*
-
I might let @DJ-1701 have the day off to gate crash
-
Na, I prefer trucking in single player as ProMods adds so many more roads to get stuck I mean drive down
-
Completed season 1 in F1 2016, just another 9 to go... Also got Farm Sim 2017 on order #sadsod
-
My request for the latest version (23) took about 10 minutes to be processed. Not sure if it takes longer if your account is newly created or not.
-
All our AP's have all our WLANS assigned, but the different users only join the WLANS they are eligable for. Our Staff WLAN is controlled via Radius and the staff use their normal user credentials as it is slightly harder to share the password around that way. If your console has students listed as authenticated on the Staff WLAN, then either they got the password or the configuration might need looking at
-
VeryPC STOCKtober 2016 - A month of prizes and fun from VeryPC
Boredguy replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
And dexterity on the mouse with a plunger? -
Oh you also have to empty the [MDT].[dbo].[ComputerIdentity] table to as that holds the MAC/UUID information that is linked by the ID value in the Settings Table.
-
Assuming you have SQL Server Management Studio installed on one of your servers, you can connect to your MDT database via it. Execute the following SQL command to empty everything out of the table TRUNCATE TABLE [MDT].[dbo].[settings] GO
-
Well you can always use SQL Studio to create a SQL statement to update each computers MAC address, but we use use a CSV file and powershell to add new stations so it might be faster to empty the DB and start afresh
-
Also they can't stockpile components as they can only use the last set installed.
