-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
[windows software] Windows Server Virtual Licences
powdarrmonkey replied to Stuart_C's topic in Licensing Questions
Could you expand on that? -
"Importance" is an Outlook-ism. Always check the RFC when doing anything like this (especially if it was originally designed by hacker legends, as SMTP was).
-
It looks like Visual Basic, so the equality operator is =.
-
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DomainKeys_Identified_Mail]DomainKeys Identified Mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] The sending domain verification is failing, because it's improperly signed or the policy is too strict, can't tell.
-
next version of Smoothwall
powdarrmonkey replied to CyberNerd's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Do you have any details of these? It's the first time I'd heard of either of them. -
Pedantic Geeks - the campaign for real grammar ;)
powdarrmonkey replied to elsiegee40's topic in General Chat
out of the club. Although strictly you can't be out before you're in, either. -
Quick survey on your school network?
powdarrmonkey replied to kjtranter's topic in How do you do....it?
I'll take a bet SimpleSi has some 95 and 98 machines kicking around still- 25 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Quick survey on your school network?
powdarrmonkey replied to kjtranter's topic in How do you do....it?
That's the point of a survey, surely?- 25 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Quick survey on your school network?
powdarrmonkey replied to kjtranter's topic in How do you do....it?
Do you want to know about physical servers, virtual servers, both, or the total? edit: My backbone is mixed, and there isn't a category for our internet connection or an 'other'.- 25 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Pedantic Geeks - the campaign for real grammar ;)
powdarrmonkey replied to elsiegee40's topic in General Chat
yass! Joined. Count my support -
Who manages it, The Infrastructure Team Supervisors?
-
Acceptable use Policy Software
powdarrmonkey replied to AnnDroyd's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
EduGeek Projects AUP Informant -
And? I have no interest in subtlety, or in your reputation, and I'm at perfect liberty to reply to you. My only interest is in making sure nobody else thinks the last relevant posts are either genuine or impartial. The company behind memory4teachers has not behaved well, they've failed to deliver on multiple promises, they have failed to respond to emails, they have mis-used their mailing lists despite registrants opting-out of them and I am awaiting legal advice about whether they are in breach of contract*. They are an embarrassment to their content providers and sponsors. You're not doing much better either, for somebody who's stopped posting and requested their account be removed... I've been prepared to let you turn over a new leaf but once again, you've persuaded me that there is no point. I'm not prepared to derail this thread though; if you have something to say, tell me in private. *note: I'm not opening a debate on this last point, and I'm not going to discuss it until I've received said advice, so don't ask.
-
If we're still talking about Debian/Ubuntu here, dpkg won't let you do this (unless you force it and accept all the very, very loud warnings that it emits about how much of a muppet you are trying to be).
-
Did anything come of this GrumbleDook? And, to other posters: how many people have registered for a stick but not received it, and have you followed up on it? Thanks
-
Call it inside information if you like, but trust me: all is not what it seems with that account. Now perhaps you'd like to take care of facts before making personal insinuations.
-
Incorrect; see my previous link.
-
Maybe you should just state them less aggressively, not tell everyone how annoyed they make you in your first post, and understand the arguments first. Look at that rep gooo......
-
Pearson request for help with Flex AMF issue
powdarrmonkey replied to kharbour's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Please, please for the love of the monkeyfish use plain text JSON in an HTTPS tunnel. It will save us so many headaches, not only intercepting and filtering but debugging too. -
Things are a lot less rosy over here where the unsolicited mail is landing.. here where messages go unanswered and you're just left with the delete key.
-
Bully for you. Language, please.
-
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brand
-
In this situation a few years ago I disabled other key services that I knew would be responding less than satisfactorily, so that at least they got an immediate indication that it was screwed instead of wasting 20 minutes finding out. This is also a good opportunity to have redundant systems budgeted for, now that SMT can see just what an effect a single failure can have. Two domain controllers in disparate locations can work wonders and would only cost them a couple or few hundred to achieve.
-
Not really. Start is what I click to shut my machine down. I gaze at the stars, though. This image is so old.
