-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
3D Projectors, any info on them?
powdarrmonkey replied to farquea's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Correct; then we have passive systems which have a polarization on each eye, at 90 degrees to each other, and alternately projected polarized images. Saves a shed load on batteries -
Anyone remember Podd on the BBC micro?
powdarrmonkey replied to will_'s topic in Educational Software
want! Boss says no though -
Anyone remember Podd on the BBC micro?
powdarrmonkey replied to will_'s topic in Educational Software
I remember playing with it in primary school... -
Asset and PAT testing database software
powdarrmonkey replied to glennda's topic in Network and Classroom Management
It's in Access, largely because it needs to be maintainable by the staff there. -
Our Synetrix Connection: Down for 8 Hours So Far
powdarrmonkey replied to jheynder's topic in London Grid for Learning (LGfL)
D'oh *facepalm* -
Protecting with Norton Enterprise.
powdarrmonkey replied to cantthinkofanickname's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Total Protection Service Advanced - Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Firewall and Anti-Spam protection managed by McAfee is what you're after I think. edit: overview - http://www.mcafee.com/uk/small/products/security_compliance_services/ -
PHP Webmail Program / Web based E-mail Client
powdarrmonkey replied to FN-GM's topic in Web Development
I favour roundcube. I think you need a two-legged approach: one to download your mails for you, and one webmail interface to read them. I don't think you'll find something that does both purely in a web language. Me, I pipe incoming mail to a maildir and use roundcube to read it if I'm on the move, or IMAP from a fat client if I'm somewhere sensible. One copy of the mailbox saves deleting stuff twice on my phone -
Asset and PAT testing database software
powdarrmonkey replied to glennda's topic in Network and Classroom Management
I wrote one in house (not for school, elsewhere). It handles all aspects of assets, insurance levels, census and reporting, PAT records and certificates, etc. -
Protecting with Norton Enterprise.
powdarrmonkey replied to cantthinkofanickname's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Personally, on the SBS server I support, I've used McAfee Total whatsidoo, which comes in a block of licenses and includes spam filtering, and is installed and administered through the web. This has made it much easier for me to manage remotely. -
No. They're totally different software, I don't know why you're trying.
-
[closed] bug/error: Last visit time incorrect
powdarrmonkey posted a topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
This is really hurting my head... A 'New Posts' for me doesn't catch all of them, because my last visit time seems to update even when I'm not here (overnight, for example). Over the course of a couple of days, I've made sure I don't have any browsers open and visited at intervals, and the last visit time seems to be about the current time -1 hour. Reproduced with Chrome dev channel on Windows 7 and Iceweasel 3.5 (Firefox) on Debian sid. -
Isn't the domain admins group domain-local?
- 7 replies
-
- active directory
- domain
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
18 hours does not qualify you for a bump. How rude. In answer: yes, I used to run a forest of four domains from one console, quite happily with a two-way trust. I'm not an expert though, I never dared play once I'd set it up.
- 7 replies
-
- active directory
- domain
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
we have hangman and highlow now too
-
Copying a hard drive; does anyone know......
powdarrmonkey replied to StewartKnight's topic in Windows
Clonezilla (truly free software in the proper sense). -
IRC isn't out of date any more than SMTP is. It's still an extremely light protocol, it scales well in most circumstances and it's an open, RFC-based standard, something lacking in a lot of chat protocols lately.
-
Official EduGeek chat is an Ignite XMPP server, it's just broken for now.
-
As a lot of members will be back for the first time today, and since Ignite is still out for the count: *bump*
-
Was there a question in there somewhere, or were you just announcing it in case anyone else was wondering? I guess you want to know what's wrong and how to fix it (please)... I can't reproduce it. I'd like to hope it was a transient error in their javascript, so if you try later you might find it's working again.
-
I set up a wiki page for co-ordinating lifts, finding out who's staying at the Ibis, and so on. Please review it, add your own details, etc. Conference2010 - Wiki (mods: sticky/announce please?)
-
Does that mean we're going to have 'buy me' names from now on? EduGeek Vista? Or maybe we could have Apple codenames - EduGeek Pussycat?
-
Tip: post a forum thread if you actually want an answer to this.
-
Try 9090.
-
How about Mibbit.com Webchat client ? edit: thanks to jackd, now with auto-configuration - just pick a name
