-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
You need to learn how permissions are constructed and applied. NTFS Permissions Overview & Restrictions., Windows 2003 NTFS and Share Permissions
-
There are two sets of permissions in Windows - NTFS and share. Check that you haven't got read-only set in one of them that's taking precedence over the other.
-
This depends on whether the courts take the view that the individual is banned or just that the pair of wires in question is banned. If it's the former, we have a problem; if it's the latter we don't. I don't know whether the act makes provision for this or whether it's going to end up being case law. When the Lords amendments are decided we will have a better idea.
-
how to Stream world cup in HD from Freesat?
powdarrmonkey replied to diagram's topic in Wireless Networks
I thought that's what you'd say. Unless it's directly a curriculum activity, you need the appropriate public broadcast licenses to do this. From a technical POV: yes, multicast will place less load on your network given the right conditions. Crucially, the benefits are negligible if you're streaming to <3 machines (versus the overhead of setting it up and so on). -
ClicksAndWhistles is a good basic Windows IRC client with no subscription model.
-
Shouldn't your subject read "Facebook causes destruction of NY", in line with other recent news - I mean Daily Mail - articles?
-
This sucks I didn't even realise he was ill, since he was still writing up to a few weeks ago. His journalism was uncommonly accurate, insightful and - most importantly - knowledgeable, and I can't think of anyone immediately who can take his place. It's a sad day indeed.
-
*bump* We're a friendly bunch, honest
-
how to Stream world cup in HD from Freesat?
powdarrmonkey replied to diagram's topic in Wireless Networks
Is there a particular reason you want to multicast it? -
Clause 18 was dropped, but replaced by clauses 1 and 2 which, apparently, "introduce an amended clause 18" [1]. I can't find the text of those clauses though, I went to bed before the end of the debate so I only know that it was passed by majority. As to the questions, I think legal advice is needed once the bill receives royal assent. This might be something Dos_Box could arrange on our behalf, but your LEA should also be able to advise in the meantime. At the least, I think AUPs are going to need a clause about disclosing a court order to the school if one exists so that appropriate action can be taken, and I'm going to recommend this to our lot. 1: Digital Economy bill: liveblogging the crucial third reading | Technology | guardian.co.uk This is true in the sense that it still has to go to the other house (probably today), but I don't know what will happen with this little time left. It should be that the Lords propose further amendments and the Commons approve or reject them, but we are in a situation with almost no precedent at the moment so frankly, anything could happen. That's not what the OP was asking...
-
Who Will The Geeks Vote For In The General Election
powdarrmonkey replied to FN-GM's topic in General Chat
https://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/register_to_vote/postal_vote_application.aspx?HasJavascriptEnabled=true -
Advanced search, single content type, replies "at most 0".
-
I have iSpy running in the background and push email to my phone for PMs. That way every post goes past me sooner or later (contrary to common belief in some circles, the only things I stalk are posts).
-
Private Exchange Hosting
powdarrmonkey replied to AceDaz's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I used SMS Hosted Exchange - Best Microsoft Exchange hosting, Hosted Exchange with immediate setup for a number of years without any problems. If anything, it looks better now than it did then (not logging in with a numerical identifier, for example). -
Actually you're right, I had been trying to work out what was missing all day. I like it, even if I do recognise their necessity.
-
Most management suites give you a graphical console to the VM, you just can't walk up to the actual box and log into it.
-
[closed] missing content: Where has "TODAY'S POSTS" gone?
powdarrmonkey replied to a topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
s/complain/explain, point out, register...whatever. Is a little patience so much to ask for? The tone of your posts so far has been in the line of: this feature is missing - why have you taken it away, I dislike gnashingofteeth. -
[closed] missing content: Where has "TODAY'S POSTS" gone?
powdarrmonkey replied to a topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
You could wait until everything's "done" and then complain that X isn't. -
If you're an IRC user (or if you're not, google for mIRC or XChat) please join us here with your EduGeek username: server: heffalump.powdarrmonkey.net ssl: No channel: #EduGeek If at first you don't succeed, change port to anything from 6665 to 6669. This is temporary while ZeroHour is working EDIT: Autoconnect Webchat - Mibbit.com Webchat client Clients: http://clicksandwhistles.com/ , http://www.mirc.com/ , XChat for Windows Port 9090 is also live
-
If you're an old IRC user (or if you're not, google for mIRC or XChat) please join us here with your EduGeek username: server: heffalump.powdarrmonkey.net ssl: No channel: #EduGeek If at first you don't succeed, change port to anything from 6665 to 6669.
-
[closed] missing content: Where has "TODAY'S POSTS" gone?
powdarrmonkey replied to a topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
If you'd read any of the announcement threads, you'd know that everything missing is on its way back (and considering ZeroHour and Dos_Box were at it until after five this morning, and are back at it again now, I don't think "Don't like it" really cuts much). -
Like Show Groups - EduGeek.net ?
-
It was the iSpy feature in the header, with the rolling view of every post made in real time.
-
Now I understand the outage edit: noooo, my star!
-
I see Rar!
