-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
PAT Testing a TFT Monitor, external adapter
powdarrmonkey replied to enjay's topic in How do you do....it?
That document doesn't even contain the words "Class 3". I think I understand what you're getting at. The monitor itself is an SELV device, but you're not testing the monitor. You're testing the adaptor, which plugs into the mains and is class I or II, unless you've paid $$$ for it. FFS, look at the brick and tell me if you see the class II or III mark on it. -
PAT Testing a TFT Monitor, external adapter
powdarrmonkey replied to enjay's topic in How do you do....it?
Nope, not unless it carries the class III mark and the transformer is certified to BS3535, in which case it also has a specialist mark. I have never seen a sealed consumer power supply that isn't class II or, more unusually, class I. If it's marked double-insulated, it's class II; if it's not marked at all it's class I. -
PAT Testing a TFT Monitor, external adapter
powdarrmonkey replied to enjay's topic in How do you do....it?
Hypothetically, since I don't think you should actually be doing it, you: 1. Plug both ends of the IEC into your tester and perform an IEC test; 2. Plug the tail end of the IEC into the adaptor, connect and switch on the monitor, and perform the appropriate test, which depends on the adaptor; 3. GET BACK ON THE COURSE BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEONE. -
PAT Testing a TFT Monitor, external adapter
powdarrmonkey replied to enjay's topic in How do you do....it?
What's this "it"? -
PAT Testing a TFT Monitor, external adapter
powdarrmonkey replied to enjay's topic in How do you do....it?
Wrong, you need the monitor connected to provide real-world load conditions, eliminate short behaviour, etc. -
PAT Testing a TFT Monitor, external adapter
powdarrmonkey replied to enjay's topic in How do you do....it?
NO. NO, No, no. -
PAT Testing a TFT Monitor, external adapter
powdarrmonkey replied to enjay's topic in How do you do....it?
No you are not correct (and on this basis, you shouldn't be testing things. This is a really basic question...) If the flying lead is not permanently attached to the transformer, it needs a separate IEC test. The transformer itself probably needs a class II test, but only if it's double insulated. If it's not, it gets a class I. edit: and yes, you need to attach the monitor. -
Likewise. The channels change from time to time, but it doesn't have to rescan them and it does them as soon as it's booted up. I'd say it was a symptom of cheap equipment, but mine's an external box at a cost of, wait for it... a whole £30.
-
Indeed, this side of the pond the browser wars are only just beginning.
-
Smooth
-
This causes no end of problems with SMB and WINS.
-
No no no, just the workstation
-
Yes, they should do. If this is Server 2003, you can only set these options in the domain default policy, which IIRC also needs a reboot to take effect.
-
It's never been a group policy option, it's part of the users' properties in the directory.
-
Because of clock skews, and the temptation to roll back snapshots. We have them on virtual machines quite happily though, YMMV.
-
DNS & MX questions
powdarrmonkey replied to redhelpdesk's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Every provider is different, check their FAQs or ask them. -
Is this like going to the doctor and having a "friend who needs help with..."? Which bank are you planning to social?
-
I love Yanni's Prelude too. From the same concert: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEDboHDSU50&feature=related]YouTube- Armenian Duduk on Yanni Live! The Concert Event[/ame] (yes, I have a duduk )
-
Cheaper than what? Cars?
-
want!
-
[Fixed]Template not showing up in AD
powdarrmonkey replied to Little-Miss's topic in Learning Network Manager
Shutdownertron - Administrator’s Guide -
International birthday present
powdarrmonkey replied to jamesb's topic in International Visitor Chat
Oh sorry, I thought you were after the originals. Paskutinis noras, pub 2005; Elfu kraujas, pub 2006 (both published by Eridanas, I believe). -
International birthday present
powdarrmonkey replied to jamesb's topic in International Visitor Chat
Ostatnie życzenie, pub 1993; Krew elfów, pub 1994. -
LEA policy.
