-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
No. It's caused by having one share to have all users data fetched from, not the actual layout inside said share. If you want accurate quotas, each user must have their own share, and their home drive mapped to \\server\usershare instead of \\server\allusershare\individual\users\directory.
-
Problems with booting a x64 bit pc with wds
powdarrmonkey replied to FatBoy's topic in O/S Deployment
Set the boot options to the x86 files for both architectures, and you'll be away. -
Hmm, with you talking about double-natting and the LA about a proxy server, I think you are at cross-purposes. Do you have an allocated range from them? If so (and I really hope it is so) I'd get a proper hardware firewall solution connecting your perimeter to theirs and configure it appropriately, so only your own range can pass it (plus anything else you actually trust, like their central servers. I'd lock it right down though )
-
[video] What happen if chewing gum added with helium gas ??
powdarrmonkey replied to mattx's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Heh - rep++ -
When you are in the position of having to make that decision yourself, you may be critical of other people who choose differently. Until then, please stop being so snide and inflammatory. British cars, tax and insurance are unfortunately not comparable to the US equivalents for all sorts of reasons, and sometimes it's necessary to make compromises and trust the driver to drive carefully. After all, that's a much more safe approach than any gadgets will get you.
-
[video] What happen if chewing gum added with helium gas ??
powdarrmonkey replied to mattx's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
hmm, that's what I thought, but it's reasonably convincing all the same. -
[video] What happen if chewing gum added with helium gas ??
powdarrmonkey replied to mattx's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
whut?! -
US School used student laptop webcams to spy on them at school & home
powdarrmonkey replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
I really hope somebody's going to jail, but as usual.... well, we'll have to wait and see. It'd be a pretty poor show if they just get a rap on the knuckles. -
I once knew a server with uptime in excess of 750 days, and it only lost that because we moved office. Salad days...
-
That's not much help if he's not buying an Austin Mini...
-
So don't, start a new thread.
-
Not that's it's as helpful now that you've already bought extenders, but I have a netgear print server that can take a scanner too. You 'capture' the scanner in the software on a workstation, do your scanning and then release it again. Might be worth looking into.
-
Don't get a car that's not less than a litre or has alloys or special trim. A micra or an AXe are perfect. Add additional named drivers to reduce risk (though they must actually drive it from time to time or the insurers get grumpy). Parents are perfect for this. Keep the estimated milage low if you can and round the car value down ever so slightly, e.g. for a 1000 car, set the value to 990. You can get under some of the thresholds that way. Wind the excess up and hope you don't need to make a claim, although this is a risky strategy. Finally, phone the insurers and play them against each other.
-
I made some noise at a woman in a car park a couple of years ago. Three times. She looked round twice and then still reversed into me (quite hard, actually) and then tried to tell me I must have not been looking properly!
-
For some reason Ubuntu see fit to update their 'stable' release about every other day, it's weird... but then, stability is what Debian's for.
-
A win for everyone
-
hmm, somebody round here is the fastest moderator in the west...
-
[windows software] Software that comes with text books
powdarrmonkey replied to Craggus2000's topic in Licensing Questions
Remove the files, revoke write access until the dispute is settled and involve line management (urgently, since by now the kids have probably been told where to find it and so will be relying on it being there, which it won't be when you nuke it). edit: and of course, notify the individual in question that it's happening. It's only polite -
For ages, I've wanted the 'Add domain/url to category' controls on the block page but they haven't worked (connection problems). I just discovered, by accident, that it's because TLS1.1/1.2 weren't enabled in IE. The bypass control works now, however, after logging in to add to a category IE whinges about an HTTP 400 (Bad Request) error. Anyone else found an answer to this?
-
False for FF >= 3.0: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/CSS/@font-face
-
You paid £600k for a graphics card?
-
[closed] bug/error: Cannot connect to Chat
powdarrmonkey replied to azrael78's topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
Hurrah, I am in (at last). And I'm the only one here -
*groan*
