-
Posts
1,306 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by apoth0r
-
Welcome to t'geek, coat on the coat hanger as I'm sure you'll be with us for a long time
-
< a splendid one to behold, but if you touch me I bite
-
Of course, exams are becoming easier......as THEY say
-
Briefly covered in MCDST exams too
-
BBC: Hard drive evolution could hit Microsoft XP users
apoth0r replied to glennda's topic in General Chat
It's been done before, we all know the restrictions of FAT / FAT32, it's just the next stage from that. Instead of restrictions in space we are looking at improvements before the event arises. Glad it's ahead of it's time for a change -
I couldn't comment on Blackberry as I've never used one but it was a close call between Blackberry and HTC on my contract renewal. Had to go with a brand new release which was the Tattoo at the time. Else I'd of gone Blackberry. One or the other for me!
-
Depends what you use it for, I have used several HTC's over the years and will always go that route over Apple regardless of what people say. Does exactly what I need it to, social networking, makes calls and texts (surprisingly!) and good widgets and apps you can download for free from the Android store.
-
Same old idiots making life duller for everyone else. "Hi, I'm an idiot and I went through a barrier while a train was coming.....I'm now dead" Head of everything ever - "We need to make all the millions of motorists who aren't morons take this as a mandatory part of a lesson....in fact let's charge them extra for this now MANDATORY lesson" Same poop different day. Hate this country sometimes.....people have accidents.....people die.....why does everything have to be made an example of.
-
Bit off topic, and apologies but your school website looks really good mate. Very crisp! Thumbs up and rep
-
I think class registers are done on the computers so our data team print off copies of each of the classes each day. Seems the best system as you cannot rely on tech during a fire, although someone will surely argue otherwise.
-
Does anyone have a flowchart of how Moodle uses it's themes folder and how certain files are called. I'm interested to find out as I'm currently creating a template for our new Academy status in September. I need to it be awesome so thus starting on it now. Kind of need a flowchart in order to understand what gets called from where and how it all develops to what we see in our browser. Visual learner :/ If anyone can help or point me in the right direction, would be very much appreciated.
-
*What a bloody nice bloke* (Time 'nice but dim' quote) You get a thumbs up
-
Sounds like a good step to stop the disjointed mess that goes on at the moment between capita, synetrix, embc and any other little ones running around. Least it can be developed with the knowledge of each other.
-
Nice work mate, looks very fluid, for a quick sling together. You'd be dangerous with time hehe
-
They include everything with percentages of use from across the globe. Mainly Windows XP at this moment in time but include brief overviews of other products. As with hardware, general desktop components, laptops and printers being the main percentage.
-
Hohohohohohohohohohohohoho! and two fingers
-
A+ doesn't stand idol. It does change by the way.
-
I appreciate what you are saying mate, I had a similar realisation when I was turning up in jeans and a tshirt. If I wanted to be treated with respect I needed to dress the part and now I'm trousers/shirt and shoes. It has changed a lot of what people think of me and I'm glad because I like to think that I'm approachable at the best of times *note* 'I like to think' not always the case *woof woof growl* :/
-
Bullying in the workplace! Counter-sue! Rediculous, Apple are turning people against them. I vow never to buy an Apple product!
-
Isn't choice an illusion? There is no spoon.
-
BrainPOP UK needs some VLE Advice - help wanted!
apoth0r replied to ChrisBrainPOP's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
So is a share scheme in the pipeline? I know you work in the public sector but seriously, do you want to help a pure money making venture, using 'Youtube' technology? -
BrainPOP UK needs some VLE Advice - help wanted!
apoth0r replied to ChrisBrainPOP's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
As 1000's of technicians are on here you may like to ask if they each have a purpose. Another addition to the 'amazing resources' sector isn't as welcome as 1000's of techs. Please ask them before and after your product is implemented and then not used. *speaking from experience as an IT Technician of course* No offence -
I'd usually chip in but i'm tied on this one, sorry! :/
-
Field Based Primary Engineer - Islington/Barnet
apoth0r replied to Will_Townsend's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Thanks buddy
