-
Posts
1,306 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by apoth0r
-
You nearly recieved negative rep for that atrocious comment
-
My Auntie Matter said 'If you pick it, it won't heal'
-
cricket if the weather holds then hopefully a few crates of the good stuff / going to parks with the missus and lad
-
All the best in your new ventures Robz! Take care
-
Any members runners or sports people, I've got an injury :(
apoth0r replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
Try incorporating your sessions with some other varied exercise. It's why I play cricket in the summer and football in the winter, gives your body some variation to the repetition of jogging -
You should have one even if it hasn't been realised yet, especially in the EMBC area, where abouts are you located?
-
Any members runners or sports people, I've got an injury :(
apoth0r replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
Have you tried looking at different trainers? There are several sorts for the type of running technique you use, I've found getting a decent pair of running trainers has always helped avoid injury. Currently though it would be worth speaking to a doctor just to make sure you aren't making anything worse, theres always the ideal of 'running it off' but sometimes it needs a bit more than that. Good luck buddy -
You local authority should already be providing web based hosting for your internet site as they have the .sch.uk domain name. I have used Joomla for a variety of schools and it has worked out wonderfully. It does take time to get to grips with but once you do it is one of the easiest solutions to use, by far.
-
So the college/school you are attending / using for this course has not given you the appropriate materials for your course. That is a little odd, don't you think?
-
I'm sure there is plenty of advice and information on the internet! i.e Google, Bing etc Try looking there
-
Just all sounds a bit odd to me!
-
Glad to hear you had some success! Top notch
-
BECTA to be shut down as part of Government cuts
apoth0r replied to networkingNut's topic in IT News
May I add planners, advisors, consultants - WITHOUT front line (in schools) experience? -
BECTA to be shut down as part of Government cuts
apoth0r replied to networkingNut's topic in IT News
Did someone forget to mention the head honcho was on £220,000 a year? Living in poverty my arse! -
How do your users report problems during lessons?
apoth0r replied to apeo's topic in How do you do....it?
We have a similar system as webman but if they cannot access the PC there is a phone within each classroom to enable us to be contacted if a problem with PC in the room. Phones are locked down to internal calls only -
I have been asked if I'm 'Zohan' but i dont think its because of my Isreali military training
-
It's nice to see students with a project though, something that they want to do. Kudos if he can pull it off, would look really good!
-
Somehow they found out my name
-
I'm after an administration and teaching style course, so it covers the entirety of training. I then hope to pass on this knowledge to teachers within my school through presentations and documentation. There are lots of vague companies offering these kinds of courses but I just need some recommended ones so I'm not jumping into rubbish. Cheers
-
Can anyone recommend a course for a lead person for Moodle / VLE's within a school/college. I've been asked to investigate this for myself and wondered if anyone has any recommendations. Many thanks
-
Agree with you that a sudden stop isn't the answer. Possibility of pushing things to faculties rather than school-wide everytime? Faculty target changes everytime so that teachers aren't bombarded with everything at once, which occassionally happens. Not sure where i'm going with this really but I have many friends who teach who would rather ignore I.T than take it on board and use it. (due to the fact that they have no faith in it lasting - which raises a similar issue)
-
Yes seems to be the current trend, and why people still do it I have no idea :/
-
I think to get teachers back on board we need to stop the current trend of throwing new ideas at the constantly, let them catch up with the technology that we currently have. We've had over the past 3 years the slow introduction of VLE's, this has been a huge stress in many cases and we would go a lot further by continuing with them rather then having them replaced with the next big thing. VLE's have plenty of scope and the newer version of Moodle as an example can only bring better things, but at least it remains with what teachers have been working with. Teachers need to do what they do, teach. It shouldn't be the case of flooding them with new/cutting edge technology every year. IMO
-
Congratulations on the move be sure to stick around so you can have your brain licked by HP problems Take care matey
-
People forget that whoever was in, there would be cuts! Because Labour had done such a poor job of curbing spending and just going all out, we now have to have a complete reversal and cut back even more. The spending had to stop and I feel sorry for the conservatives who have to be the scapegoat for the poor state labour made our country.
