-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
Tich ..
-
The ones that aren't are available quite cheaply on ebay.
-
The Redemption of Althalus by David and Leigh Eddings. So far, so good
-
The new series of Manifest has started up on Sky. All the episodes are available but I'm trying to limit myself to just a couple a week so that I can spread them out.
-
Maybe they'd all had a little too much hemp
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
HarryMonkey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
-
Got bored at the weekend (no footy to watch). so I rented 633 Squadron on Amazon. Great film. (Might just have to go and get a Mosquito Airfix kit now)
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
HarryMonkey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
We are about to take it in turns here (2 of us). From next week we'll be manning the office Mon, Wed + Fri doing week on week off between us. -
A very funny man as well as an outstanding chef.
-
An elderly man was telling his neighbour, "I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand pounds but it's state of the art. It's perfect." "Really?" answered the neighbour. "What kind is it?" "Twelve thirty!"
-
Beware of this takeaway!! We ordered a Chinese takeaway last night and as I was driving home I heard the bag rustling and moving! I thought what the hell is that...Has something got in the bag trying to eat my supper?.... I thought I could see a little pair of eyes peering out at me... I was driving so I leaned forward, picked up the bag, put it on the passenger seat and there it was again, more rustling and little eyes looking out behind the prawn crackers, I thought it could be a rat or mouse or something so I carefully pulled the carrier bag down... And there it was... A Peeking Duck.
-
It's 1978 and I have a choice of two jobs ... trainee draughtsman for a heating company ... had to be up at 6 am to start or, dogsbody at the Oxford Regional Health Authority in the data control dept ... start 8am So the lazy option won. I moved into computer operations ... ICL mainframe and then went freelance. Eventually moved into network cabling, spent a year as a narrowboat electrician, got made redundant and then saw a part time job as a technician at the local school running an RM windows 3.11 and a small Connect 2 Win 95 network. Stayed there for a year, moved schools, finished there after a couple of years as Network Manager, went back to my original school as IT Systems Manager. Got made redundant from there and joined my current school as a senior tech and got moved up to network manager earlier this year.
-
Last week's Panorama is well worth a watch from iPlayer. All about how much data Amazon has on us mere mortals.
-
Because that way they lose out on £190 to upgrade.
-
Why not simply inform parents that the school machines will not be accepting the new £20 note. Simples
-
This site has some useful info about the course. I did one a couple of years back and found it really useful. https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/153090/speed-awareness-course-all-you-need-to-know
-
Is everyone using expensive access points?
HarryMonkey replied to snoerre's topic in Wireless Networks
We use them. The support doesn't seem as goos when it was Xirrus (or Riverbed), they are a bit slow to get tickets sorted and dead APs RMA'd but overall it's been a good system, we have about half a dozen SSIDs and find it all very straightforward to manage. My only gripe is their PoE injectors ( the 8 in, 8 out ones) are expensive to replace (£650) and we have had a few die on us over the years. -
My wife just called me lazy and said I'd better have something planned for Valentine's Day... I said, "Yes, I was thinking of taking the Christmas decorations down!"
-
IT Support Technician Shenley Brook End School Milton Keynes Permanent Full-Time £19,171 to £20,344 per annum (for 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year) We are looking to appoint an IT Technician here at the school. The ideal candidate will be working as part of the IT support team who provide the central point of contact for all IT-related service requests. The role of the IT Technician is to provide first line support for all staff and students within the school. It is a dynamic and varied role with the opportunity to gain valuable experience and knowledge in all forms of IT. Duties will include: · Monitoring, allocating and responding to IT helpdesk requests · The management of the IT Support team’s stock of consumables · Maintaining and repairing academy IT equipment including audio visual items · Supporting the installation, testing, inspection and configuration of all IT equipment · Coordinating the creation of new user accounts and integration into school systems To view full details and apply online, please visit: https://www.mynewterm.com/trust/5-Dimensions-Trust/136844 or alternatively you can contact recruitment at Recruitment, Shenley Brook End School, Walbank Grove, Shenley Brook End, Milton Keynes, MK5 7ZT Tel: 01908 520264 Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.sbeschool.org.uk The Academy reserves the right to close the application process at any stage should we receive sufficient applications. Closing Date: 20 February 2020 @ 10am Interviews TBC
-
We've just had a bridge raised to allow for the (partial) electrification of the line (apparently they can't afford to do the whole line). In order to get this done, they have closed the road from June last year until spring this year. An alternative would have been to lower the rails which would have taken around two weeks. However, it was thought to be unfair on the rail commuters to have the inconvenience for two weeks, better to shut the road (producing more traffic queues, rat runs through housing estates etc.) for 10+ months. The mind boggles.
-
Yep, just a normal day in IT Support
- 30 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- location
- network manager
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
We (3 of us) moved into what was an IT classroom last summer as our new office. The pic below shows about half of it. Previously we had a small office with no windows and two huge cabinets. Now we have loads of well lit space with windows that we can open and the server room as a room off of our office. There's a storage area and a small meeting space partitioned off. We have also commandeered our old office as a store. Happy days.
- 30 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- location
- network manager
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
They were my first introduction to bikes as a nipper ... my dad had a Norton 600 and sidecar back in the 60s, we went everywhere in/on it.
-
-
My girlfriend said she'd only marry me if I overcame my ambulance obsession... I can't wait to get down on one knee nor knee nor knee nor!
