-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
Branch
-
We are looking for a full time 52 week IT Technician to join our IT Support team. The ideal candidate will be working as part of the IT support team who provide the central point of contact for all IT-related service requests. The role of the IT Technician is to provide first line support for all staff and students within the school. It is a dynamic and varied role with the opportunity to gain valuable experience and knowledge in all forms of IT. Duties will include: · Monitoring, allocating and responding to IT helpdesk requests · The management of the IT Support team’s stock of consumables · Maintaining and repairing academy IT equipment including audio visual items · Supporting the installation, testing, inspection and configuration of all IT equipment · Coordinating the creation of new user accounts and integration into school systems To view full details and apply online, please visit: https://www.mynewterm.com/trust/5-Dimensions-Trust/136844 Alternatively you can contact recruitment at [email protected] The Academy reserves the right to close the application process at any stage should we receive sufficient applications.
-
Police have discovered the body of a man inside a crate of chickpeas... They are treating it as hummuside!
-
I guessed orange, but it was chocolate. I guessed toffee, but it was peanut. I guessed strawberry, but it was coffee. I was wrong on so many Revels!
-
I bought a coat from Debenhams in the sales. Pre-sale price was £495 but I got it for just £25. It's supposed to be slightly imperfect but I've had a good look all over and the only thing I can find is that one of the sleeves is slightly longer than the other two. Bargain!
-
The role of the IT Technician is to provide first line support for all staff and students within the school. It is a dynamic and varied role with the opportunity to gain valuable experience and knowledge in all forms of IT. Duties will include: · Monitoring, allocating and responding to IT helpdesk requests · The management of the IT Support team’s stock of consumables · Maintaining and repairing academy IT equipment including audio visual, network items · Supporting the installation, testing, inspection and configuration of all IT equipment · Coordinating the creation of new user accounts and integration into school systems Desired skills / knowledge: · Computer hardware knowledge, with the ability to replace components. · Good knowledge of office products, such as outlook, word, excel, etc. · Basic server software platforms such as active directory, GPOs. · Low level operating system commands used for networking. Eg: ipconfig, ping, etc · Basic MS power shell scripting. · Basic network knowledge such as DNS, DHCP, etc. https://www.mynewterm.com/school/5-Dimensions-Trust/586717/EDV-2020-5DT-42608/IT-Support-Technician
-
Noel Fitzpatrick's autobiography. A very touching read. Highly recommended.
-
I wonder how many gallons to the mile that does.
-
I just got struck by lightning while sitting on the toilet... It was a real shock to the cistern!
-
I was really embarrassed when my wife caught me playing with my son's train set, so I threw a bedsheet over it... I think I managed to cover my tracks!
-
Is it possible that the BSOD was caused by a fried network card?
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
HarryMonkey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
We have been through all the offices as well as staff workrooms and there are notices on the doors as to how many people can be in the office at one time. Many of our data and admin staff will work from home where possible still and maybe come in once a week. PCs have been removed from staff rooms where they can't be placed 2m apart. Students will be able to come to our office but there will be a table with a PC by the door for them to log into to demonstrate any issues and they won't be allowed beyond it. They will need to queue up outside where necessary. The keyboard and mouse will be wiped over after each use. Students must sanitize their hands before using it. -
Just finished re-reading The Stiehl Assassin ahead of the final Shannara book being released in the Autumn. This has been an epic series and I will be sorry to see it finish. I can always start it again I suppose
-
O2 have just given me 6 months free subscription to Disney+. Looks like it's time to revisit some Star Wars movies
-
Greyhound U.S. Navy Cmdr. Ernest Krause is assigned to lead an Allied convoy across the Atlantic during World War II. His convoy, however, is pursued by German U-boats. Although this is Krause's first wartime mission, he finds himself embroiled in what would come to be known as the longest, largest and most complex naval battle in history: The Battle of the Atlantic Great film Watched it last night on Apple TV.
-
I thought I'd have a little flutter yesterday, so I had a bet on three horses called 'Sunshine', 'Moonlight', and 'Good Times'. None of them won though... I blame it on the bookie!
-
No !!!!
-
We have been using it here for the site team and they seem to like it. The trust has now decided that we will be using it for IT. We currently use Sysaid which is ok. Every looks like it's going to cause us some headaches though, like not being able to incorporate rich text into responses, having to add screenshots as attachments etc. Watch this space !!
-
family
-
Hundred
-
Dated!
-
When (on rare occasions) I'm asked to draw the curtains, I often reply by asking for a pencil and paper. I still have the bruises.
-
For anyone that doesn't want to splash out on a Photoshop subscription, Serif are offering their Affinity photo software for half price at £23.99 https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/#top
