Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Patrick

Members
  • Posts

    1,111
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Patrick

  1. Well I'm in tier 3 now, but still working and can still go training so the only thing I'm missing is going for a pint at weekend. It's a shame but not the end of the world.
  2. I've also not seen it because of disappointing previous films, might give it a whirl on Friday night with a few beers.
  3. Yes we can definitely agree there are a ton a moronic idiots out there for sure!
  4. I think you are trying to tar people with the same brush there. I go out for a few pints on a Saturday night usually till around midnight, and I always obey the rules and wear my mask in supermarkets/shops etc. Closing the pubs early however may have the undesired effect of people either starting drinking earlier than usual or by drinking way faster than normal because of the early chuck out.
  5. Patrick

    Gaming Chat

    Isn't it strange! I've never had motion sickness playing games and i'm fine with the source engine. Halo Reach and Halo:CE have been fine for me. In fact I wasted many hours on Halo:CE on PC when it was released. But something about Halo 2's FOV just knocks me sick, it was that bad when it was originally released on PC that i never finished the first few missions. I'll try your trick out!
  6. Patrick

    Gaming Chat

    Having only ever played Halo:CE on PC way back (Halo 2 gave me motion sickness), me and my friend are doing the lot on MCC Co-op. We've done Reach, CE and now just started Halo 2. The FOV on H2 gives me motion sickness a like it did on vista but if i crank the FOV up to max it's not too bad for me.
  7. I think he's been doing a fantastic job in these very troubling times, and i wish him a speedy recovery.
  8. Patrick

    Gaming Chat

    Haha i've not looked on ebay to see what they are going for but when i've checked what the going rate is i'll knock a good few quid off and it's yours if you want! Edudiscount ha.
  9. Patrick

    Gaming Chat

    Actually, since posting, A friend of mine has a RX480 4GB and is selling it me for a good price. For the gaming i do, that should tick over ok. I'll sell my 1050 on ebay, if i get £20 for it the RX480 will only cost me £30. I think that'll do ok for now.
  10. Patrick

    Gaming Chat

    I don't do much gaming, but installed Call of Duty Warzone. Because i'm bored and it's free. Feels like my graphics card finally wants replacing. CPU: Ryzen 2600X RAM: 16GB GFX: GTX 1050 2GB Weirdly the game runs Ok for a while (settings on low) then after a couple of rounds it starts to get choppy and fps crash. Maybe it's just buggy. Not sure where to go for a graphics card now i'm not up to date at all. I want the 8800GT of today!
  11. I use Anydesk and it's pretty good.
  12. I'm almost at the point where i'm begging the government to help the self employed...I tried Universal credit but there was 20,000 people in front of me in the digital queue.
  13. My advice is not to scream that in anyone's face as you may end up burdening the NHS with a broken jaw.
  14. Scary times for us self employed lot..
  15. Did not know this, thanks for mentioning. We have all kinds of iOS versions being used, some of our iPads are at there highest iOS version so it's good to know.
  16. Hi, We have it working in a few schools i look after but we only have it on one iPad right now due to the size of the schools.. I thought i had an issue with one school so i called the guys at PE Passport up and asked them to check and they said they could see that I've added some planning and it synced to their back end systems. Maybe give them a call and see what they say?
  17. I'm on episode 2 of The Expanse and it's great. So happy Amazon took it on.
  18. We don't use Mandatory profiles but we do use local profiles mixed with UE-V. Our staff profiles are cached which makes for very fast logons (a few seconds) and our pupil accounts are cleared when they log off. I find this works very well to be honest and even though a new profile is built each time a pupil logs on it still only takes maybe 20 seconds.
  19. Been okay for me today, no complaints yet.
  20. Brilliant, i'll look into that!
  21. Ahh. Is it possible to keep the share on the file server and have a live sync?
  22. That's brilliant thanks, i'll look into that!
  23. Hi all, We've been looking at setting up remote access in school lately and really all staff need is to be able to access a shared drive outside of school. I thought about syncing said drive into onedrive and then sharing this with the members of staff who need access. is there any pitfalls to this? Thinking of it as an alternative to VPN as we only need to be able to access a shared drive. Staff have windows 10 laptops so the will have Ondrive files on demand feature. Thanks!
  24. Hi, Just wondering what VPN services people are using within CLEO/BTLS? A small primary i look after would like staff to be able to have the mapped drives when at home. Anyone any tips? Best service to use? Thanks! Patrick
  25. Clearing the local profiles did the trick! Thank you!
×
×
  • Create New...