-
Posts
1,111 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Patrick
-
This is still not showing in my VLSC, anyone able to share the MSI with me?
-
Apple Announces The Apple Silicon M1: The end of x86?
Patrick replied to flyinghaggis's topic in Mac
Agreed, whilst the limitation doesn't affect me it's disappointing they haven't addressed the main complaints. I have an M1 MacBook Air and the new model didn't blow me away really and I've no interest in upgrading as of yet. Especially as it costs a fair wedge more. -
I'm also getting this again, did you manage to fix it?
-
BIOS up to date? Seen issues with boosting on some MB's.
-
I run 5K in around 25 minutes, and my furthest run is probably 7 miles. I run to help in my other sports, but how you guys run 26 miles is awesome.
-
Liking the rumours Rockstar are going to release GTA III VC and SA remastered in November. I'd love to play through the older ones again, especially with some added visual upgrades.
-
Not sure if there is an ISO available yet. I upgraded a standalone PC using the insider dev channel.
-
Started playing around with the insider preview on a test PC. Still feels very windows 10 once you drill down past the new UI. Admin tools such as disk management and group policy editor look exactly the same but with rounded edges. The start menu looks to be handled differently from how I remember configuring windows 10. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/customize/desktop/customize-the-windows-11-start-menu Overall once you get past the UI changes it's not much different. Few extra things to lock down perhaps for some but nothing too worrying other than the TPM requirements. Can't comment on apps installed by default as it was in place upgrade of 21h1 so a few apps may have carried over.
-
Apple Announces The Apple Silicon M1: The end of x86?
Patrick replied to flyinghaggis's topic in Mac
Currently using an 2012 MacBook Air for work. I travel to a lot of different sites and the light portability of it is nice. Mostly everything I do is cloud based and I remote into servers using it so it doesn't get stressed much. Thinking of an upgrade and the M1 Air is looking pretty good. Power increase would be nice and the battery life looks good...But my 2012 model is serving me pretty well really...Decisions decisions... -
Yes, about half way through. enjoying it though.
-
These two companies interest me when it comes to the plastic problem. https://www.powerhouseenergy.net https://eqtec.com Plastics should be reduced where it's not needed, but making clean energy out of waste plastic seems a good idea.
-
The Expanse. Loving it.
-
We are having issues with the admin center. I locked the students accounts over christmas and it's proving tricky to enable them! They aren't in till tomorrow so i'll try it tonight when the demand has dropped.
-
Yeah I'm pretty gutted really because I don't have a games console. Hopefully the plot of 5 isn't integral to the plot of infinite! Replaying GTA V at the moment, I've only played it once and that was when it was first released on PC and my hardware wasn't really up to it.
-
Finished Halo 4 from the MCC, surprised to see Halo 5 isn't on there. With halo Infinite coming it'll be the only one missing on PC I think which is strange.
-
Deleting user profiles via powershell at shutdown via GPO
Patrick replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Windows 10
such as calcuator and video editor? They work ok for us. I do have the store restricted though as we don't use it. -
Deleting user profiles via powershell at shutdown via GPO
Patrick replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Windows 10
Yes, it'll increase login times as it has to build a new profile each time you login, but on modern kit it's really not that bad. it's only the same as manually or scripting the deletion though. Basically you'll have your AD pupil accounts members of the usual things you'd have (Domain user, Pupils, etc) I just add Domain guests to the list, so in addition to your normal groups. I cant say what implications it will have for you, so test thoroughly, but our networks are rather simple and are just small primaries, but it works well for us. I only do it for the student accounts, the teachers don't really roam around between rooms. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Patrick replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Tier 3, no surprise there. NW England was tier 3 before the lockdown. Nothing changes for me, except I can go to the gym which is nice. -
Deleting user profiles via powershell at shutdown via GPO
Patrick replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Windows 10
We just set the pupils AD accounts to be members of guests as well as the usual AD memberships. It clears the profile at log off, and they get a nice clean profile every time they login. Not found any issues of doing this so far. -
I'm playing the whole MCC Coop with a friend and we both don't seem to like it, I prefer the traditional gameplay of Halo. Gutted that Infinite was delayed
-
I'm currently playing through MCC as I played halo on PC way back in 2001 and never played the rest! Currently on ODST, but not enjoying that at all. Probably going to go straight to Halo 4 once it's released.
-
Thanks for the replies! I think i've gotten somewhere. So I managed under the users tab to select all the student emails, click edit and assign Education_PrimaryStudent to the accounts. It did allow me to select all and i just deselected the staff accounts. As for powershell, last time I tried we didn't have the privileges as county is the global admin, not us.
-
Could you be a little more specific? Under Teams admin console > teams > Teams policies, there is just one policy called global and all those settings are greyed out. Also, under messaging policy i see and EduStudent policy but again, these settings are all greyed out.
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Patrick replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I never drink midweek but i do like a pint with my mates on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm going to miss that. I can still go out for a meal with the misses which is nice though. -
Hi all, We have Teams being used here as part of our office365 BTLS subscription. However we want to disable the ability for the children to video call each other and other restrictions. Does anyone have any tips on how to do this to existing accounts? We've already added the students to Teams. Thanks guys
