Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Patrick

Members
  • Posts

    1,111
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Patrick

  1. That looks a great tool, I'll have a play around and see if it helps. The site map is tricky as it's all nested, an example is year 6 > topic 1 > files There's 10+ topics per year group with multiple files per topic. What a headache! A school that's local to us may have a copy so hoping that plays out!
  2. Hi all, Come and See RE are closing down and the site will terminated in September. I'm being asked to download all the resources from the site, Come and See have said they won't provide a bulk download option but everything can be downloaded manually but it's a fair amount of resources. I'm just wondering if anyone has already downloaded the resources and wouldn't mind sharing with others via PM? Or if anyone knows a clever way to download them all!
  3. That's great, thank you for that! Looking at going serverless, did you take back global admin from BTLS when doing your project? Thinking I'll have to.
  4. Hi, Shamless bump on this, but I'm currently researching this and wondered if you had any success with this?
  5. Well I've created the shell (site and pages) with a basic document library but I suppose it's over it selected staff now to start using it/ fill it with content before launching it to all staff. I can only assist with that really I've only worked at the school for a few months on an ad hoc basis.
  6. Thanks for the tips guys. I've created a "XYZ School SharePoint" when I created this I created it as a team site. I've created a teachers and SLT page within this site. in O365 admin i've created some groups such as SLT, Teachers etc but I don't have access to security groups so I'll have to call my LA to see if they can assign me the relevant permissions. Sounds like I'm on the right track I think.
  7. Hi all, Just looking for some advice. School (small primary) have expressed interest in setting up and moving to Sharepoint for staff instead of using the traditional staff share on the server. As this is only for staff presently, I'm looking at creating one for teaching staff and one for SLT. So would it be best to create two Teams sites, one for teaching staff and one for SLT? I'd imagine the main usage of it for small schools will be the document library where everything can be stored? I've seen a few posts on here about Cloud Drive Mapper for the so I'll also look into using that. What other benefits other than online file storage can staff gain? Trying to think how best to set this up for the staff. Thanks!
  8. Well done for getting in the ring and having a go. Takes guts! For a great cause too.
  9. I don't think it showed anything that well, it's an ok sci-fi film. Certainly overhyped I think.
  10. I know what the films about, I just don't think it's that good.
  11. It kinda feels like a group of critics got together and decided it was brilliant and that we should all follow suite and love it. I just thought it was an average action/sci-fi film.
  12. I found it to be very overrated. I enjoyed The Whale much more.
  13. Sounds like you're doing well if you are already sussing out range. As for the soreness from the blocks, your body will harden to it but it just takes time. Just keep doing what you're doing, you sound like you're going in the right direction. As for the walkout song, Micky Gall an ex-UFC fighter walks out to Hey Mickey and it always made me smile!
  14. How's your training coming along? Hope your enjoying it!
  15. Thanks for posting this, we also use the domain guests membership and it's worked well on Windows 10 so it'll be good to know when we move to 11. Perhaps you may need to explore delprof options instead of domain guests for windows 11?
  16. I agree with the sparring, but don't spar with anyone out of the gym and if the coach says you're not sparring until X amount of weeks into the camp, then I'd probably do as he says. You'll get an adrenaline dump on the night, so any sparring experience will probably go out the window anyway haha, but don't worry about that, everyone gets that for the first fight and it's too be expected. Post your progress in here if you'd like with any questions etc. I'm currently helping train (I'm not the coach) some beginners for a charity MMA fight so it's great timing to see this post! I love seeing people of all shapes and sizes coming together in sport and especially if it's for charity. Lots carry on training after the events too which is a bonus!
  17. Firstly, well done for signing up. It's not an easy thing to do. You'll definitely have nerves around this, and they might get a little worse before the fight, but two things to remember: 1) You'll be matched with someone of similar abilities, so remember they are just as nervous as you are and they'll have the same issues with technique. You're not getting in there with Canelo! 2) The ref's are well aware it's white collar and well aware that the fighters are new to the sport and are out of the comfort zone. The ref is there to keep you safe, and will be doing just that. I've fought before, and if I can give you one tip it's cardio. Do as much cardio training as you can. You'll only going to pick up so much technique in that amount of time and most fighters will gas very quickly. In most of these situations the guy with the best cardio has the best chance of getting his hand raised at the end. Cardio is so important, outside of your training sessions in the boxing gym you need to be running (swimming if joints are sore) and shadow boxing. Shadow box the rounds of the fight (3x2 mins rounds etc). Don't worry about strength training, just do the boxing sessions and cardio. Remember it's for charity, everyones In the same boat and enjoy it! You'll be cloud 9 after the fight regardless of the result. Good luck.
  18. That is some necro post! I was 16 years old when this thread was created. I'm 32 now...
  19. That's disappointing to hear really, it's a poor service from them. The devices are on the same iOS and planning seems to sync OK, I've noticed that the pupil passports don't seem to contain the same information either.
  20. Not really sure if this is the correct place to post this, but does anyone have issues with syncing from iPads to cloud with the PE Passport app? Basically the teacher is creating assessment data on the iPad and this isn't appearing on the other iPads that have PE Passport installed. We use Netsweeper and I've created custom reports on the affected devices and I've monitored live traffic and I can't seen anything being blocked. Anyone else suffering with this or am I missing something? Got this issue at multiple schools now.
  21. 2k 165hz. It seems pretty decent for that money. Won't be the best but I wouldn't spend more than £180-ish on a monitor personally. It's just not worth it for me, but for that money/spec it's worth a punt.
  22. I needed a new monitor as mine broke completely, it was some 24" AOC gaming monitor. So I found this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B18ZDP3S/ref=cm_sw_r_api_i_dl_MXZ15BP0DYS77T69WA01_1 Should be ok for some light gaming.
  23. Local profiles for all, but student profiles are cleared at log off. The only thing we roam is a chrome profile for bookmarks/history etc. Works well for us at primary level.
  24. We just did an hour rolling 5 min rounds nogi last night, can't see anyone wanting to roll around in a gi yesterday or today I get what you mean with the sauna thing, once you felt the worst the rest is easy to handle. Thankfully just pad work and footwork drills tonight, no sparring! Haha.
  25. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu last night and Boxing tonight, 37.5c here. Been mostly OK, just needed regular water breaks and a cool shower afterwards. It's sleeping in the heat that's the hard part for me! No AC server room for me to hide in during the day unfortunately.
×
×
  • Create New...