Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

NetworkNinja

Members
  • Posts

    261
  • Joined

Everything posted by NetworkNinja

  1. I love the idea of having Week A/B on the desktop, is this set via Bginfo? if so how did you get it to work.
  2. Thursday: EduGeek Comp Entries Friday: tired
  3. I really wish I could make it to bett this year, maybe next year.
  4. I would recommend using Millgate, we moved over our call packages to them and they saved us a lot of money. Service is always amazing. I have also just upgraded our phone recorder to oak and we went direct but I decided to get a price from millgate and they were cheaper than going direct with oak.
  5. I love it ! very simple yet very creative.
  6. It sure is, its like i have two apprentices at the moment and they go round checking room by room and by the end of the week they should have done the whole school but they always miss something. This way i can use lanschool on channel 0 and i can see every student computer and if i notice the logon background has not changed after a day or so then i know there is a problem.
  7. It sure is, its like i have two apprentices at the moment and they go round checking room by room and by the end of the week they should have done the whole school but they always miss something. This way i can use lanschool on channel 0 and i can see every student computer and if i notice the logon background has not changed after a day or so then i know there is a problem.
  8. Same here, i have the default on mine. I have always liked having something custom on all the other computers and every so often i like to change the logon background. 1 of the main reasons is because when i change the background i then notice if any computers are having faults picking up the new policy or having trust issues which no one has reported.
  9. Same here, i have the default on mine. I have always liked having something custom on all the other computers and every so often i like to change the logon background. 1 of the main reasons is because when i change the background i then notice if any computers are having faults picking up the new policy or having trust issues which no one has reported.
  10. Morning All, So i am now getting bored of the current logon background and i am looking for better ideas than mine. What is your logon background?
  11. Morning All, So i am now getting bored of the current logon background and i am looking for better ideas than mine. What is your logon background? [ATTACH=CONFIG]40771[/ATTACH]
  12. I like the way you have created your golden image, i think i might end up doing it the same way as you because i am going to create a VM machine with windows 10 installed to test out some policies etc
  13. I totally agree with you, we would always try and put the software that we have on every machine into the base image. I Suppose before i even consider trying to make a master image i should consider the following points. 1. Need to update SCCM (Our current Version is 5.0.7711.0) 2. Test out windows 10 as a VM machine through Hyper V and only once have i done those 2 points i can consider creating a master image.
  14. Hi ADMaster, thank you for the attached information. It looks like I have a lot of bed time reading. I currently have windows 8.1 pro installed on my machine whereas all other machines have windows 7. Would you suggest as a starting point by upgrading my machine to windows 10 first before I eve consider rolling out windows 10.
  15. Hi All, I have started some research on creating a sccm package ready for deployment. currently we only have windows 7 as an option for deployment but these were here before i started the job. I would now like to create a package for windows 10 and wondering how do i go about starting this. Do i just need a standard windows 10 ISO file or do i need to capture an image by using winpe We are currently using system center 2012 and its installed on windows server 2008 r2 standard Any help is apprenticed
  16. I was wondering the same thing, haven't seen any updates for a while. This thread has pushed me to create a DR plan and move towards cloud back-up. you never know when something like this could happen.
  17. Does anyone have a copy of a Disaster Recovery Plan they could send me to have a look and read through. I would like to create one for our academy but have no clue where to start. Thanks Guys
  18. Was just about to comment on how we solved this issue. at least its working now We had to do the exact same completely uninstall AD connect and then re-install the whole program and service.
  19. Good Morning, I hope your all looking forward to the weekend Apple has released a guide for apple users to prepare for the removal of PPTP VPN on apple devices. This means that they won't be able to connect through the old connection settings, instead they will need to create there connection using the new connection type L2TP/IPsec. It would be my luck for some users who likes to work from home to have a mac instead of windows. I have followed this guide on how to enable the L2TP/IPsec settings on our server, i have even restarted the server but mac users still cannot connect. https://www.elastichosts.co.uk/blog/windows-l2tpipsec-vpn-server/ Have anyone had any problems with this? Any help would be appreciated.
  20. Good Afternoon All, I have been asked to create a disaster recovery plan for the school regarding anything to do with IT, Downtime, Back-ups etc. Have anyone else made one of these? where do you start? Would anyone be willing to share theirs, i understand you would need to remove any personal details from the plan but it would be a big help :)Thanks in advance
  21. Did you block icloud and google drive? this can be done easily but a problem we have is sixth form save there work in the cloud and need to be able to access the files. We do use onedrive as a school but they could easily do the same with this?
  22. We have always renewed ours before the end of the agreement. Ring Gayle at millgate and she will help you out. Prices are always the cheapest, she won't let you down. If you would like to get in contact with her pm me and i will give you her details
  23. 10th September 2003 at 15:03, Way before i started working here. I am only 21 years old and started working here when i was 18 Years old.
×
×
  • Create New...