-
Posts
261 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by NetworkNinja
-
Only just read your message. I Managed to do it two hours later when I finally remembered that the IQ Folder from the client folder needed to be in the root of the C Drive. Took me a while to figure it out lol but then again im only 19 working as a technician in a school, Still leaning the ropes.
-
Hello Everyone, Right I am getting stressed out with a problem I am having with the finance Software. We use a database from Corero called, Live, Schoolfund and Train. If anyone else uses these then please HELP !!!! I Have set the databases up using the ODBC Connections. The problem is it wont print at all. the data is all there for the school finances ETC but nothing wont print. It says "The System cannot find the path specified. Please find the picture attached.
-
Hello All, My Line Manager has asked me to removed the "Allstaff" email from the suggest contacts list. Basically when staff type allstaff in the TO box and press check it will say there is no such thing, However if they type the whole email in it will work. We still have one problem though because most staff have used the all staff email it comes up in the suggest contacts list and i was wondering if there is a way to remove this. Any help would be great. Thanks, Jordan
-
Might sound like a stupid Question but can XIBO be ran of a memory stick somehow. I Know i can run them of computers on the network but maybe running something Via memory stick would be much easier.
-
Hello Everyone, I need some ideas about displaying our own information on all our TV'S. The idea is to display Sky news as well as having information at the sides about school Information. I Have looked at using Xibo but found it isnt great and wondering if anyone else uses anything which might be useful to try.
-
Our ISP is Virgin Media. I think most of the other school are still with county council. However I can't see it being an ISP problem because we started out internet line way before the summer holidays. it all started at the end of august. we are just finding it very hard to remove this blacklist so everything can get back to normal. Would you suggest contacting out ISP.
- 11 replies
-
- backscatterer
- help
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
we can send to most domains however it dosent allow us to send to some. Unfortunately the ones that it dosent allow us to is the ones the school needs the most such as other Lincolnshire school, hospitals ETC.
- 11 replies
-
- backscatterer
- help
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Backscatter is stoping emails from being sent out. I Don't know why tho. I Searched on that MX Lookup tool a few days ago and it shows we are blacklisted.
- 11 replies
-
- backscatterer
- help
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hello Everyone, I need your help with solving this issue with our mail-server. Recently we were blacklisted on the backscatter. This stops emails from being sent in or out of the school. We fix the sending of the NDR messages but next day they blacklisted us again. they want us to pay 80 euros for delisting. This is the link to there awful website Backscatterer.org powered by UCEPROTECT If anyone has become across this before and have any ideas please help. Thank-you J James
- 11 replies
-
- backscatterer
- help
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Twitter not loading
NetworkNinja replied to NetworkNinja's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Thanks Hawkeyez that worked. Thanks,- 3 replies
-
- lightspeed
- networking
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hello Everyone, We currently use Lightspeed rocket as our filter for our network. The decision was to allow staff to use twitter (For some unknown reason). I have allowed twitter on our filter for all staff however it is not showing correctly and I have no idea why. (Please see above picture) Any Help would be apprenticed.
- 3 replies
-
- lightspeed
- networking
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
how many IT support staff do you have at your school?
NetworkNinja replied to steves22's topic in General Chat
1000+ Students 120 staff and there is just me at the moment. I am only 18, I am doing an apprenticeship yet i am on my own, i am pretty sure i should have someone fully trained above me to teach me things but no im on my own but one good thing is i am learning quite alot. -
Because i feel that having the helpdesk in the cloud would be better than having to manage the updates by myself. There would be no downtime etc
-
Hey Guys, Just wondering do any of you use cloud base helpdesk programs. If so are they are good and which one would be the best one to go for. Currently we use spiceworks helpdesk for free but i am wanting to upgrade to a better version. Any Help would be great thanks.
-
Thank-you , That would really help
-
Can anybody help me solve a issues I have been trying to solve for months. Basically I can install all the camera's okay expect 1 camera. It is an outside old system and when it try's to install I get a message saying "Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher" It's a HCNetVideoActiveX.cab file. I have tried everything Help Please.
-
Just a question , who uses or owns one of these. do people still buy them.
-
It Worked Thank-you
-
Hello, I Really need some help, has anybody got the install for active user manager as i cannot find it online at all. Maybe i might not be searching for the right one can anyone point me in the right direction. Thank-you
-
Hello All The Head has asked us to look into installing the Learner pack onto the school network. Would this be possible ? When we buy the DSA Learner pack for Driving , can we install it onto more than one machine or not ? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks,
-
Can anyone recommend any good PAT testing companies?
NetworkNinja replied to nikaso's topic in General Chat
I Would Suggest using this company. PAT Testing Expert - PAT Testing Advice and Information They do pat testing days all over the country. i am going to one in Nottingham on the 12th feb 2014. our IT Technicians and site team have all used this one before. -
Best Bet would be to try and get an IT Apprenticeship like i am doing. If you want to know more info message me for my email
-
Being told that we now have to do lunch duties
NetworkNinja replied to StampStudy's topic in General Chat
Same Here, I Do 30 Minutes on the field once a week and get £10 to spend in the canteen for that week. Personally i think this is great because it saves me using my own money to buy food when i can get it free. -
Can't you just create one PC , On a local account and let students have a play one by one.
-
Hello, I Need some help in finding a computer management software. I work in a school and the idea is to put barcodes on all the computer's and when they come to be repaired we scan that barcode on that computer and it brings a file up with past history (Faults ETC). We need some software to be able to do this? Any Ideas ? Thanks.
