-
Posts
261 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by NetworkNinja
-
I know it's always best to do a clean install but both of our domain controllers are physical machines with all data on for our end users. If possible I would much rather just do an in place upgrade.
-
We currently have 2 physical domain controllers running windows server 2008r2. It has been suggested to do an in place upgrade on these to windows server 2012 and then to windows server 2016. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues doing this. Our main domain controller is also our file server. Thanks in advance.
-
Hi There, I am just looking into ServiceDesk and i am wondering if its possible to add a second helpdesk to it. We currently use ZenDesk for IT but i am looking to find a system will allow IT and Site issues. (2 different email addresses) for support.
-
Thanks for your reply. Do you currently use the free version or do you pay for the license? I have just installed the free version and can't see to find a way to attached our NAS as the storage option instead of the local drives.
- 3 replies
-
- 2012
- backupexec
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hi all, Just wondered if anyone has come across this issue before? We currently use Exec 2012 to backup our servers and we seem to be having an issue when incremental/differential backups are taken. (Physical Server backups are working perfect) We have a virtual machine and when the full backup is taken its backs up everything like it should however when it does an incremental/differential backup (Tried both) it seems to have the same file size as the full backup. I have checked the physical machine which holds the virtual machines and it has the agent for windows installed. Myself and my college can't seem to figure out how to solve it... Any help apprenticed.
- 3 replies
-
- 2012
- backupexec
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Where to start - GDPR
NetworkNinja replied to NetworkNinja's topic in Data Protection & Information Handling
Thank-you all for your replies. We currently don't have a dpo and i am more wanting to know what needs to done on the network side of things. Seems like I have alot of reading to do -
Where do i even start with this? I know its most likely to late to start but where did you all start.
-
This has now been solved for the user by putting a value C: into the registry files under control panel - desktop.
-
We have a network share which all the wallpapers go in. if i log on the machine as a student then the wallpaper appears fine however if i use a staff account it doesn't work until the member of staff logs off. This is only happening on 1 machine. The GPO is set for the shared folder and it must be working because all the other network computers are fine. The network share permissions is set to everyone for read access.
-
Good Morning, Thank-you for your reply. Yes its picking other polices up just not applying the background however this morning i have notice when i press log off on the user account the background appears for 2 seconds before windows proceeds to log off.
-
I think I deleted the object from AD while it was re-imaging. I say re-imaging it was gone by a disc and then joined to the domain because the computer required 64bit version.
-
Good Evening, I am at a lost, I have 2 computers not applying the wallpaper for the user logged on. At first I thought it was the user however if they log onto a different machine it works fine. I haves checked the group policy settings and check the computer settings and everything seems fine. I have re-imaged 1 of the computers and created a new user account and it's still not applying the background. All settings seem fine the computer is in the correct OU etc Anyone got any ideas
-
Hello, I have sent you a PM i hope you don't mind
-
Hyper-V Merging VHDX Files
NetworkNinja replied to NetworkNinja's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
I haven't tried it however i will give it a go and let you know Thank-you -
Hello All, Just wondering whether anyone has encounter the issue i am currently having. I am converting 1 of our servers to a VM and have used the Disk2vhd program, however the program has created 2 vhdx files for the C and E drive. I had a feeling when creating the virtual machine i would have been able to merge the E Drive to the parent © however i can't seem to find the option when doing this. Anyone got any ideas.
-
Hello Everyone, I have a massive favor to ask you all. A very good friend of mine who works at the same school is running the London marathon in 2018 for the first time.She is raising funds for a very local charity which helps save lives every single day. The Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance. I know its cheeky to ask but she needs to raise £2500 for charity and we need help. If you can help please visit her just giving page where you will be able to donate Everyone who donates will be entered to win a prize. Leave your name and your Edugeek name. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kaf-wood Thank-you for your time.
-
Hi, yes our policy does say any vandalism do any academy equipment will be charged.
-
Good Morning, 2 of our students have damaged 2 keyboards while in a lesson. The teacher saw them do it and my line manager has asked me to prepare a letter asking the parents to pay for the replacement keyboards. I know its not alot to ask for but the fact they did it means we have to request payment. Has anyone had to do this before and if so do you have a sample letter i could use.
-
If you have time then i recommend you learn how to use powershell. I am still learning it myself and i find it very useful. I have a script which basically reads a csv i create which automatically creates the accounts for me. The CSV is already set up every year all i have to do is change the first and last name and the whole spreadsheet changes for me.
-
Firewall and Flitering Options
NetworkNinja replied to commtech's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
+1 For smoothwall Great Service and price -
Hi all, Just a general question really. Where do you currently purchase your keyboards and mice from? We currently use CPC for bulk orders and just wondering if there is anyone has any contacts. We use alot of keyboards and mice because the children like to break them.
-
Hi Pete, Thank-you for your help, this has solved my issue. although the Pearson one didn't work until i added a2c.pearson.com which then seemed to work.
-
I have added the proxy settings into the A2C program however this still hasn't solved the issue. When i turn the proxy off the program works fine.
-
Sorry to jump in but has anyone had a problem with this software not connecting when using a proxy. The exams officer has to turn the proxy off on her machine for this to work and I would really like to get it to just work. Any ideas would be apprenticed thanks
-
It looks like this company accept normal ink not the toner bottles from photocopiers.
