-
Posts
261 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by NetworkNinja
-
Good Afternoon, I have tired everything you said and none of those seemed to work. No one else on the domain has this issue. However I have kind of resolved the issue. I deleted the account from our active directory and used powershell to again remove the email from office 365. I then re-created the account within active directory and force dir sync to sync the accounts to office 365 again. Once the sync had completed I logged into the admin centre and the email address was showing correctly.
- 7 replies
-
- active directory
- microsoft
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
This is a picture of our Dirsync Log which shows that the email address is exported correctly. However when looking in office 365 admin portal the user email address is not correct. The username created after synchronisation got number 1517 before the domain name. the domain name is not even our default domain name. The domain name should be the same as in the picture above. Eg @student.**********.co.uk instead of @***********co.onmicrosoft.com. We have created alot of account before the account above and after the account above and never had any problem.
- 7 replies
-
- active directory
- microsoft
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Thank-you for your reply. I tried removing the license and it would not work. So I have decided to remove the user from office 365 using powershell. I did abit of research and managed to work out how to do it using powershell. I connected to office365 using powershell firstly by using the $msolcred = Get-Credential Connect-Msolservice -Credential $msolcred Then I did the command remove-msoluser -userprinvipalname This has now worked because the user has been removed. I will now wait until the next syncing happens to see if the user re-appears correctly. Thank-you once again for your help and interest.
- 7 replies
-
- active directory
- microsoft
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Thank-you for your reply. I had a feeling someone might say i could delete an account using powershell. I haven't really used powershell alot for office 365 administration however i am trying to learn how to use it. Would you say it was quite easy to delete a user from office 365 using powershell. Yes the Upn is correct and yes its just the email address on office 365 which is showing up incorrectly.
- 7 replies
-
- active directory
- microsoft
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Good Morning Everyone, Hope everyone is having a wonderful day . Our Office 365 is always syncing with our on premise active directory, however for this one person it dosent seem to be working correctly. For example I created the account "James Microsoft" (Name Changed for security purposes) and his username would be "microsoftj" in our active directory. So his email in our active director says "[email protected]***********.co.uk" however in office 365 his email is coming up as "[email protected]**********.co.uk". I have tried to delete his account in office 365 but it wont allow me two because it is controlled by our on premises active directory. Any Help would be apprenticed. Thank-you
- 7 replies
-
- active directory
- microsoft
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Have you every tried Millgate Computer systems.
-
We did use spiceworks but then we decided we wanted to use a cloud based. Every since we have used Zendesk and it works a treat. Not expensive either.
-
Using Powershell with Office 365. HELP
NetworkNinja replied to NetworkNinja's topic in Cloud Services
Thank-you for your eply BFCIT Unfortunately no we didn't get the option. Because all students have the same domain @student.g**********.co.uk this is our standard one which syncs with active directory. Staff are currently using the domain @g***********.co.uk, I am sure there is a way to do it but I can't find it anywhere. -
Hello Edugeek, Hope you are all well today. I am currently in the process of learning how to use powershell with office 365 for our academy. I have created a group in office 365 GUI called "IT-Support" and it has gave it our default domain @student.G***********.co.uk. I would like to change it from @student to another email which our staff use @G***********.co.uk Anybody had to do this before.
-
Yes I have to agree that the toner can go quite quick. however we use combat inks and because they are so cheap to buy at around £20 it dosent seem to bother us. The quality of printing is brilliant.
-
We are using the HP Pro 400 Printers. We have been using them for about 2 years now and we have not had an problems with them.
-
Microsoft Office 365 70-346 Exam
NetworkNinja replied to NetworkNinja's topic in Courses and Training
Thank-you for that rob. I remembered about this site earlier on while looking through other post. Hopefully it will be useful. -
Good Morning Everyone. Hope you have all had a good weekend. I am wondering if anyone could help me. I don't want to spend much money simply because I can't afford to. I am trying to find practice exam questions or extra study material for this exam. Has anyone does this exam before? I have already read the Microsoft Exam ref: 70-346 exam book but I need more. kind Regards, JJAMES
-
Good Morning Edugeek I have been asked to make a record of what toners we have in stock & what toners go where. For example if i use a certain toner i need to have a record of what printer it went in + which room. Do any of you do this if so what's the best way to record the data in. Best Regards,
-
it might be worth a try having a look at a cloud based option. Currently we have started using zendesk. It pretty cheap and simple to use, also has a moblie app aswell.
-
Good afternoon all, Just a quick one, we are looking at buying 63 computers and we currently have had a quote from a company called IDNS. I am wondering if anyone has heard or used this company before because I can't seem to find any reviews. On there website they have 3 case studies so I have called the schools up and they don't seem to know who they are. Plus when i click on the case studies nothing seems to load. Case Studies | IDNSAV
-
Hello Edugeek, So we have alot of old Computers in our academy that were Windows Xp and recently Updated to windows 7. These Computers have the basic 1GB Ram ( MAX 2GB) with a 80GB HD. These Computers are obversely very slow and wondering whether to install the windows thin PC technology. What do you Guys think.
-
Happy Friday Edugeek !!! I want to know if any of you have had any problems with adding accounts into outlook. I currently use our in house email giles.lincs.sch.uk. This works fine in outlook. However i also need to add in my office 365 account aswell because we will be moving from our current email to office 365. my office 365 is @Gilesacademy.co.uk. when i add in the office 365 account it tells me its done and i must restart outlook for it to load. when i do this and re-open outlook it asks me to input my password for the office 365 account. I do this and it does not work it just keep popping up for me to input the password. I know the email address and password are correct because it works i log in online. Any ideas. Regards, JJames
-
JJames - Will be attending Thursday, First time ever going to BETT really looking forward to it.
-
I Have also put the ingoing connector on as well but does not seem to work.
-
-
Hello Everyone, I seriously need some help with the issue i am about to explain, I also hope you will understand how to solve this problem. We moved all our students to office 365 while the staff still have the exchange email giles.lincs.sch.uk The problem is the students can send to the staff but the staff cannot send emails back to the students. we don't get any error reports or bounced back emails nothing. We have paid for Microsoft support but even they cannot find a issue. we did however change our internet services provider from Kcom to Virgin Media. Of course we have contacted Virgin Media but even they don't know how to solve the problem.
-
Hello Everyone, Right so I installed a new IP Camera today (XVISION MN:X720D) When I login to the interface it says "please click here to download and install the plug in". I Try this and it does not work it starts to install the plugin but it dosent finish and no error warning. When I Refresh the camera it still says "please click here to download and install the plug in". The Green bar stops on finishing installing. Any Ideas on how to solve this issue.
